Living Superheroes World (Come join the fun and the debate)

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Fellow PbPers,

After some talk with the other moderators of PbP and having watched LEW turn into a huge successes I have decided I want in on the fun. Now while I have given thought to deleting all the LEW thread so we could all start anew I figured that this would be met with alot of frowns and maybe an angry pitchfork carrying mob at my front doorstep… That didn’t sound like much fun so I quickly gave up on that idea and went to work on a new idea…

Why not make a new persistent world and if so why not invade a new genre…?

Why not superheroes?

That’s right! We’re looking into making an M&M persistent world. Right now we will be planning like they did long ago for LEW.

If your interested and you have ideas please share them.
  • Is it modern earth with all new heroes?
  • Is it ancient Rome with old heroes? (maybe even the gods themselves?)
  • Is it modern earth but the Nazi won WWII cause of their created super soldiers?
Its idea time! Lets hear them all! :D

Last edited by a moderator:

Bront

The man with the probe
Ahh, from what I've heard from my friend who owns both, 2nd Ed makes 1st Ed look like it was written by 8 year olds, and fixes a LOT of balance and confusion problems.

Besides, if you're hoping this is going to be going on for years, then you're better off going newer. It's hard to maintain an older system when the books become harder to get.

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
I can only comment on what I have in front of me. Do you have 2nd edition? I know I don’t.

It's debatable and I would like for this to be sucessful, which is why it might be first edition. No players no game.

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Well,

I'm interested. Going with Bront on the 2.0 issue. There is a wealth of information for 1.0 that is easily convertible, though. I would recommend 2.0.

Rybaer and I had a discussion on a whole that had energy hit it periodically from the tail of a comet passing by every couple dozen years or whatever and each wave brought powers to the world. Another great world idea . . . and it would give support to heroes as gods, nazis and modern world (that is it would work for all, and it could incorporate all of them if it was in the modern day).

Count me in on whatever is needed. Ideas, support, kidnappings . . . whatever.

Keia

Bront

The man with the probe
I think a somewhat modern idea would be good. In fact, perhaps making the setting one large city (something along the lines of Batman Begins, maybe bigger), lets you keep things somewhat contained, as well as allowing for groups of heroes to move and confront things.

Just a thought.

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Keia said:
Going with Bront on the 2.0 issue. There is a wealth of information for 1.0 that is easily convertible, though. I would recommend 2.0.

I probably would too if I could find a copy of it... Where probably sometime away from starting so its availability shouldn't be a factor.

I've also done this on another website and character balance was a massive headache... It would be great not to have it but I would still like to take a wait and see which will gain more support.

Keia said:
Rybaer and I had a discussion on a whole that had energy hit it periodically from the tail of a comet passing by every couple dozen years or whatever and each wave brought powers to the world. Another great world idea . . . and it would give support to heroes as gods, nazis and modern world (that is it would work for all, and it could incorporate all of them if it was in the modern day).

That could work... So it would skip a generation or so? (20 years) So we would see lots of similar aged heroes. (and probably more likely to be of like mind.)

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Bront said:
I think a somewhat modern idea would be good. In fact, perhaps making the setting one large city (something along the lines of Batman Begins, maybe bigger), lets you keep things somewhat contained, as well as allowing for groups of heroes to move and confront things.

A single city also needs fewer heroes… (It is an good idea though. The other board was built around Freedom City.) so we might want to consider something like the old JL. Which had different branches across the world, or even the Avengers, which had an West team to go with the real team.

Last edited:

Bront

The man with the probe
A realy big city needs lots of heroes though (And of course, you're forgetting the greater metropolitan area) Gothem has several, and more keep showing up.

I would recomend using perhaps some RL references, because it prevents the need to make maps.

Remove ads