Leaving CoH for Wow

BiggusGeekus

That's Latin for "cool"
No hard feelings for CoH, I'm just in the mood for a change.

My last day is Spet 23. I can not promise when I'll be on, but I'll be giving away INF to random people in King's Row before logging off and deleteing the character to free up the name.

Flexor the Mighty!

18/100 Strength!
BiggusGeekus said:
No hard feelings for CoH, I'm just in the mood for a change.

My last day is Spet 23. I can not promise when I'll be on, but I'll be giving away INF to random people in King's Row before logging off and deleteing the character to free up the name.

I've thought about this, but my buddy who is a big WoW and CoH player tells me that unless you want to put in serious time WoW can be unfufilling. I'm still looking for a MMORPG that is as casual player friendly as CoH, which after the last round of tanker nerfs and general sameness to missions is wearing thin on me. I'm probably going to cancel after this month.

BiggusGeekus

That's Latin for "cool"
Flexor the Mighty! said:
I've thought about this, but my buddy who is a big WoW and CoH player tells me that unless you want to put in serious time WoW can be unfufilling. I'm still looking for a MMORPG that is as casual player friendly as CoH, which after the last round of tanker nerfs and general sameness to missions is wearing thin on me. I'm probably going to cancel after this month.

Well, I have an advantage in that I have no intention of seeing the late game in WoW. Also, I have some real life buddies who are willing to group with me at the drop of a hat and they're big WoW fanatics. So I'm not going to face the usual problems getting a group and they're happy to group with me for short periods of time.

I've given up on seeing the high end game for CoH. I'm level 34 and I really don't want to wade through same same kinds of missions over and over. I was in the CoV beta and that's what was the deal breaker for me. It looks cool, the powers are neat, there's nothing to complain about, but the missions are pretty much the same.

A buddy of mine swears by Guild Wars. But I like my little cartoony WoW priest.

Flexor the Mighty!

18/100 Strength!
BiggusGeekus said:
Well, I have an advantage in that I have no intention of seeing the late game in WoW. Also, I have some real life buddies who are willing to group with me at the drop of a hat and they're big WoW fanatics. So I'm not going to face the usual problems getting a group and they're happy to group with me for short periods of time.

I've given up on seeing the high end game for CoH. I'm level 34 and I really don't want to wade through same same kinds of missions over and over. I was in the CoV beta and that's what was the deal breaker for me. It looks cool, the powers are neat, there's nothing to complain about, but the missions are pretty much the same.

A buddy of mine swears by Guild Wars. But I like my little cartoony WoW priest.

Yeah, I'm in the Beta too, but I played one night and It was just like COH, just different maps and modified flavor text. I'm giving my buddy the login info and letting him play my beta account.

I've got my Tanker up to 38 but I seem to have trouble finding teams, and my supergroup is moe interested in chatting in character than doing missions half the time. I quit playing for a month or so due to burnout, then I started up again with I5, now I'm finding out that leveling is still a grind and I'm taking a lot more butt kickings than I used to. I'd like to see soem of the higher level content, but I don't think I can grind out the levels to do so. I've thought about Guild Wars myself, but I'm realizing that I'm more into single player games with a story than the way MMORPG's are designed.

Remove ads