[Evil,Good] descriptor

marune

First Post
I know that a LE Cleric can't cast [Chaotic] or [Good] spells, but it is the same for a LE Wizard ? (In facts, the wizard in my group wants to know if she can use summon monster to conjure some good creatures (for RP purpose).

mikebr99

Explorer
skeptic said:
I know that a LE Cleric can't cast [Chaotic] or [Good] spells, but it is the same for a LE Wizard ? (In facts, the wizard in my group wants to know if she can use summon monster to conjure some good creatures (for RP purpose).
Nope. In fact that might just make the guy even MORE evil... using "good" creatures for evil purposes... ;)

Mike

Scion

First Post
wizards are not under the alignment restrictions generally (you'd likely need some sort of prc to do that).

So the wizard is free to cast any spells that he knows with whatever descriptors that he likes.

marune

First Post
Ok that is what I tought..

So I can summon an Avoral (guardinal, NG) and force him to do some horrible things in a easier way than with a dominate monster (no save), it's a bit strange no?

mikebr99

Explorer
skeptic said:
Ok that is what I tought..

So I can summon an Avoral (guardinal, NG) and force him to do some horrible things in a easier way than with a dominate monster (no save), it's a bit strange no?
He WILL know where to find you, after the spell has ended...

Mike

Scion

First Post
Dominate monster does last a little longer... ;)

In my own games I treat the summoned creatures as perfect ideals of what that creature is and represents. It doesnt actually exist anywhere else, that is why it is always at full health and has all of its abilities to draw from.

Basically it is just drawing something from the plane you are calling from, but not a real creature.

But then I also give people the ability to actually choose a specific creature from one of the planes and make that summon only get him(them, if they do the various quests multiple times). It runs risks but then they are also able to equip their buddies ;)

Of course that is all just for my own games as I feel it makes a lot more sense that way with the d&d cosmos. Otherwise you would have to worry whether or not the creature was at full hd, under some other sort of spell effects, or had used up some of its abilities already.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases