[OOC] Aundair's Sorrow (Closed)

FreeXenon

American Male (he/him); INTP ADHD Introverted Geek
This is the Out of Character Thread for my slow PbP Eberron game called "Audair's Sorrow'.

Players and Characters
Code:
[B]AmorFati  [/B]           Sheilika (Hu, SK)
[B]Fenris [/B]              Boarhide (Hu, Barb/Ro)
[B]Bobitron [/B]            Telas (Go, Wiz)
[B]Nonlethal Force[/B]      Tullia (Hu, Ra/Ro)
[B]Ferix  [/B]              Ari (Hu, *Cler)

Associated Threads

Rogues Gallery
IC Thread
OOC Thread

Original Starter Thread

Last edited:

FreeXenon

Character Backgrounds

As it stands Boarhide (Ro, Barb), Tullia (Ro/Ra), and Sheilika (SK) have intertwied backgrounds.

That leaves Telas (Wiz) and Ari (Cler) with unassociated backgrounds which is OK.

Fenris still has some work on his background and other non-stat info.

Background Questions
AmorFati[sblock]Tell me more of this murderer that marked you for death?
What was your families view of those that talked bad about the Inspired?
What is your view of the Inspired?[/sblock]
Bobitron[sblock]Have you encountered and priests or faithful of the Silver Flame?
Have you been to Thrane?
What is your view of Theorcracies?[/sblock]
Fenris[sblock]What was the stated or known reason that the Mayor's Son framed you?
Who was the man who was murdered?
What city or country did this take place?
What part of Eberron are you from?[/sblock]
Ferix[sblock]A background would be cool! ;) [/sblock]
NonLethal Force[sblock]What military did your father serve in?
What military did your serve in?
What was father's view on the war?
What was your view on the war and what military did you usually campaign against?
What did your mother think of you following in your father's footsteps?
Where is your mother, father and siblings now?[/sblock]

Last edited:

Nonlethal Force

First Post
FX:

I would love to answer some of your questions, but unfortunately as I said earlier - my knowledge of Eberron is zilch. Can you post a map of the world or else randomly pick a logical location for my family to have come from - one which would fit well into the campaign?

As far as the questions that I can answer:

Tullia would have tried to serve in the same military force as her father - but most likely a different regiment, company, or something. He was a straight up fighter in his younger days before advancing up the ranks. Tullia would have been in a more stealthy corps, not using her talents in regular army tactics.

Tullia's family is highly loyal to the state in which they reside. The war was well supported in their household, and the members of the family were proud to be doing their part. Tullia's father raised his children that to be willing to give one's life for the protection of their homeland is a noble attribute.

Having said that, Tullia's mother was always greatly supportive and proud of her husband's work. Sure, she missed her husband when he was gone for campaigns, but she never held it against him. His career supported the family well - an there was always food on the table and people willing to help out if she had a need. She did not resent his service at all.

Tullia's mother was supportive of Tullia's career choice, however she does occasionally push for Tullia to find someone to settle down with and begin a family. However, because supporting the kingdom is thought of so highly in the family, Tullia's mother is willing to go along with Tullia's choices.

Hope this helps some....

Fenris

Adventurer
FX:
[sblock]
What was the stated or known reason that the Mayor's Son framed you?

I was convinent, a huge wild man from the forest that the town could easily believe had killed someone. The Mayor's son murdered Herman over an affair with a woman he admired.

Who was the man who was murdered?

Oh, let's say it was Herman Vernhold, the village baker

What city or country did this take place?
Village of Corlim
What part of Eberron are you from?

Here I will plead ignorance of Eberron (sp?) as well. I am envisioning him from a temperate forest background, and those are usually in the northern climes. But I need to be somewhat near where Tellia would be working at least, though she most likely did roam. But you could plunk him down anywhere convient for you really.

Let me know if you need more info.[/sblock]
Fenris

FreeXenon

Eberron

It seems that Eberron is not something that everyone has spent a lot of time with. When I describe things I will try to write with as little assumed player foreknowledge as possible. If you think you might know something let me know OOC. I am working on knowledge DC's now. So much work to do... ;)

I have attached the map of Kharvaire that can be found on WoTC's Website.

Nonlethal Force - It sounds like Breland is a good match for Tullia.

Fenris - I am thinking that the Eldeen Reaches will be perfect for you.

Nonlethal Force

First Post
Cool, there's a map! Excellent.

Breland sounds fine. Nice, central location.

Are there any particular bad guys from that area or rival kingdoms that the people of Breland would fight against? If so, if I had a little more information I would be happy to upgrade Tullia's background.

FreeXenon

Eberron Synopsis

I have just bought the book 'Five Nations' which is about Aundair, Breland, the Mournand (former Cyre), Karrnath, Thrane. Very wonderful and indepth book! Well worth the money if you are a Eberron fanboy! :heh:

For those of you who do not have easy access to Eberron stuff here are a bunch of WoTC links that can get you started if you want to read more.

List of WoTC Links on Eberron

Others

Aundair
Aundair is run by Queen Aurala and the country has a great history of magic. Aundair is home to floating towers of Arcanix where mages are trained and the learned of the Arcane go. Aundair's tradition of magic gave Aundair a great weapon to use in its battles with the others. A sore point in pursuing domplomatic relations with Thrane is the loss of the western peninsula region in the treaty of Thronehold.

Breland
In the Last War, which ended just 2 years earlier via the Treaty of Thronehold, Breland fought with just about everyone, just as all other countries did. Breland's lands were mostly unspoiled throughout the war as they were mostly on the offensive. Breland has a king that is loved by its people.

Karrnath
Karnath suffered greatly early off in the war as their crops and people were hit with a great blight destroying crops and easily could have succombed to a foreign invasion. A group came forth and introduced the undead as a means of survival and that may have saved the country. Karrnath utilized the dead greatly through the war and it may have saved them. The undead were not integrated with living forces, and only participated in joint ops whjen absoutely necessary. Karrnath still keeps legions of undead on stanby far from living eyes. Karrnath suffered great atrocities at the hands of Thrane. Karrnath is home to the Rekkenmark Academy, which is a school dedicated to generating military officers somewhat similiar to our (the US's ) West Point.

Thrane
Thrane is a theocracy that controlled by the zealous and inquisituion minded Church of hte Silver Flame (LG). The Church of the Silver Flame led and inquisition to exterminate all lycathropes many, many years ago. Thrane fought very, very hard against Karrnath and Aundair.

Last edited:

Bobitron

Explorer
I'll second that recommendation. Great book.

FX:

[sblock]

Have you encountered and priests or faithful of the Silver Flame?
Have you been to Thrane?
What is your view of Theorcracies?

The only encounter Telas has had with the people of Thrane was a group who entered Droaam to kill a werewolf, which was appreciated by his tribe as it was the biggest bad in the area.

Never been to Thrane.

No problem with theocracies that I can come up with. Telas has never been big on religion, feeling it is sort of mumbo-jumbo, but respects the religions of others.
[/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases