World's Largest Game Stories

Xombie Master

First Post
Hello again,

I just finished my first session with my larger group of 7. We're playing the World's Largest Dungeon. I figured if anyone on here is interested I'd post a few highlights. If your wondering about the book, as you can read below we are certainly enjoying it.

Funny Moments:
Josh, the whisper gnome rogue, chose to have a rat phobia. As anyone whose run Section A can attest to this is going to be great if he actually roleplays his fear. Which he did for the first time last night as he ran out of the room with the first rat swarm attack, flailing his arms and going on about "Rats, lots of rats, why'd it have to be rats. I hate rats." Three players at that time unaware of the attack watched this and laughed. It was pretty funny to see a 6'2 200+ pound guy acting like a scared gnome.

Jeff, the hard edged Dwarven Fighter, who was the first to run headlong, waraxe swinging, into the rat swarm (see above) led the fight against the vermin. In the end as remnants of the swarm scattered he reached down, picked one up, looked it in the eye and said "Any time rat!" This definately brought light on an encounter that came close to wiping out one barbarian, the scout and the fighter.

All night the elven Scout (newbie player!) had been getting on the parties nerves. First he through a large stone into some moldy sacks, while half the party was standing nearby. Luckily they all made their saves versus black mold spores!
Then in the next room, he poked some more mold with an arrow this time (once again he's a newbie player!) This time the whisper gnome succumbed to the spores taking 3 CON damage. Needless to say the half-orc barbarians had some choice words with the impetuous (stupid) elf.
In the next room I went for poetic justice, as he examined the gold ring he found in a previous room, the half-orc slapped him in the back of the head. One failed reflex save later, and the ring was sent skittering out into a hallway directly in the path of an Acid Arrow trap. The Elf runs out into the hallway, the trap goes off, but sadly it missed.
However, in true newbie style, he was actually dumb enough to step back into the trap later (he was backing up to try and charge past one of the barbarians who wouldn't let him into the next room for fear of him setting off yet another trap!) Stepping back the trap was sprung again sending an acid arrow slamming into her back. Justice served, lesson learned, at least I thought.
Finally the elf decided to part ways with the party long enough to search a door, they had left behind, for traps. Failing to find the scything blade until it cut through him, he was dropped to negative hitpoints. They didmanaged to save him. Hopefully the elf learned his lesson about doing stupid things within a dungeon.
Another case of newbie stupidity dealt with :]

Thanks to anyone who reads this rambling,
Later all

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases