[Full - Waiting for complete characters] Loex’edar: The Dragon War

AmorFati

First Post
[Full - Waiting for complete characters] Loex’edar: The Dragon War

As some of you have noticed on this thread, scout989 and myself have been talking about co-DM'ing a dragon game. We've been talking and working on this for a few days now, and we are ready to go.

Loex’edar – The Dragon War

A world wrecked by war and destruction. Fire, brimstone and ash; forests, rivers, jungles, swamps... No more. Death and destruction rules this world.

The war bewteen the good and the evil dragons had raged for aeons withot resolve. When one victory was achieved on one side, the other side achieved victory somewhere else. It was a stalemate, for sure. Then the DragonShards was discovered. There were ten of them, all together. One for each of the ten Dragons of Power; Aasterinian the Messenger, Astilabor the Hoardmistress, Bahamuth the Lord of the North Wind, Chronepsis the Silent Watcher, Falazure the Night Dragon, Garyx the Cleanser-of-Worlds, Hlal the Keeper of Tales, Lendys the Weigher of Justice, Tamara the Beneficence and Tiamat the Chromatic Dragon. Each of these Shards gave the holder great power. There was also rumours about an eleventh Shard, The Shard of Io the Great Eternal Wheel.

Unfortunately the Evil dragons got a hold of most of the Shards, and as such began the downfall of all that was good. Corruption started to seep through the lesser dragons, and more and more of the dragonkin joined the evil in their cause of destruction. In a span of hundred of years the Good dragons were all but obliterated, and all the lesser races were either enslaved by the evil dragons or completely wiped out. Now the good dragons fight a futile struggle against the evil dragons and their hosts of followers. The odds are getting darker and darker, and the Dragons of Power seems to stay out of the struggle alltogether. Then a slight ray of hope emerges from the darkness. A never before seen wyrm calling herself Cyrem contacts the Good dragons, claiming to know how to get a hold of the DragonShards. Showing her words to be truth, she delivers to the forces of good two of the DragonShards, the shard of Astilabor and the Shard of Garyx. And so the hunt is on. The rest of the Shards will be recovered, whatever the price. The salvation lies in holding all the shards. Or so Cyrem says. There is more to Cyrem than is first apparent, but she keeps her secrets to herself - for now.

-----------------------------------------

We are now recruiting for a dragon game- in this world, nearly all creatures are dragons or draconic creatures. Players will be dragons. You will have the choice of any good-aligned dragon, as outlined below. This is going to be a very strongly good vs. evil type of game, so we are restricting players to good dragons only. As well, you have the option of how many dragon HD you have (which affects things like size, breath weapon, etc.).

Character creation rules:
• 28 pt. Buy
• ECL for finished characters is 18, this incluce dragon HD, LA and any class levels you might have.
• Hit Points: Max at 1st level, then half + 1 every level after.
• Starting Wealth: 450,000 gp. Whatever you don’t use, you will loose. There are no gold coins, no shops and merchants etc in this world. Custom Magic items are fine, as long as they follow the rules in DMG for pricing, Body Slots etc. Remember, few dragons use weapons and armor!
• Banned Stuff: Dragonslayer and Dragonstalker Prestige Classes from Draconomicon.
• Allowed Sources: Players Handbook; Dungeon Masters Guide; Monsters Manual; Draconomicon; Complete Adventure, Warrior, Arcane, Divine.
• Others: Templates MIGHT be accepted, but only if you have a really good reason for it in your story.

We, the DMs, reserve the right to Veto anything!
Seeing as we are 2 DMs, we will aim for a bigger party, perhaps as many as 8 players. However, the ones who expressed an interest in the other thread have all reserved a slot in here.

Dragons available:

From the Monsters Manual:

Brass Dragons:
10-12 HD: Young Dragon. Medium Size. +2 LA. +4 Str, +4 Con, +2 Int, +2 Wis, +2 Cha.
13-15 HD: Juvenile Dragon. Medium Size. +3 LA. +6 Str, +4 Con, +2 Int, +2 Wis, +2 Cha.

Bronze Dragons:
10-11 HD: Very Young Dragon. Medium Size. +3 LA. +4 Str, +4 Con, +4 Int, +4 Wis, +4 Cha.
12-14 HD: Young Dragon. Medium Size. +4 LA. +6 Str, +4 Con, +6 Int, +6 Wis, +6 Cha.

Copper Dragons:
10 HD: Very Young Dragon. Small Size. +1 LA. +4 Str, +4 Con, +4 Int, +4 Wis, +4 Cha.
11-13 HD: Young Dragon. Medium Size. +2 LA. +4 Str, +4 Con, +4 Int, +4 Wis, +4 Cha.
14-16 HD: Juvenile Dragon. Medium Size. +2 LA. +6 Str, +4 Con, +4 Int, +4 Wis, +4 Cha.

Gold Dragons:
10 HD: Wyrmling Dragon. Medium Size. +2 LA. +6 Str, +4 Con, +4 Int, +4 Wis, +4 Cha.
11-13 HD: Very Young Dragon. Large Size. +3 LA. +10 Str, +6 Con, +6 Int, +6 Wis, +6 Cha.
14 HD: Young Dragon. Large Size. +4 LA. +14 Str, +6 Con, +6 Int, +6 Wis, +6 Cha.

Silver Dragons:
10-12 HD: Very Young Dragon. Medium Size. +2 LA. +4 Str, +4 Con, +4 Int, +4 Wis, +4 Cha.
13-15 HD: Young Dragon. Medium Size. +3 LA. +6 Str, +4 Con, +6 Int, +6 Wis, +6 Cha.

From Draconomicon:

Battle Dragons:
10 HD: Very Young Dragon. Small Size. +1 LA. +4 Str, +4 Con, +2 Cha.
11-13 HD: Young Dragon. Medium Size. +2 LA. +6 Str, +6 Con, +2 Int, +2 Wis, +4 Cha.
14-16 HD: Juvenile Dragon: Medium Size. +2 LA. +8 Str, +6 Con, +2 Int, +2 Wis, +4 Cha.

Radiant Dragons:
10-11 HD: Wyrmling Dragon. Medium Size. +2 LA. +6 Str, +4 Dex, +4 Con, +4 Int, +6 Wis, +6 Cha.
12-14 HD: Very Young Dragon. Large Size. +3 LA. +10 Str, +2 Dex, +6 Con, +4 Int, +8 Wis, +6 Cha.

Faerie Dragons:
8 HD: Small Size. +0 LA. +2 Str, +8 Dex, +2 Con, +4 Int, +6 Wis, +6 Cha.

Last edited:

Lord_Raven88

First Post
Well I'm very interested in this game, I have a few questions though.

1. Are Half Dragons allowed?
2. Can you provide some more info regarding the 3 dragons from the Draconomicon.

Thanks

Lord Wyrm

First Post
Here's my more of my submission:

Name: Thric Martivir (No Peace)
Race: Very Young Silver Dragon
Class: Dragon 10 + 2 LA + Rogue 6

STR 14 (base 10 (2 points)+4 racial)
DEX 26 (base 16(10 points)+0 racial +6 Gloves +4 HD Based Increases)
CON 16 (base 12(4 points)+4 racial)
INT 18 (base 14(8 points)+4 racial)
WIS 16 (base 12(4 points)+4 racial)
CHA 14 (base 10(2 points)+4 racial)

HD: 10d12+6d6+48(96hp)
AC: 39 (10 base + 9 natural + 8 DEX + 8 Armor + 4 Deflection) Flat-Footed: 31 Touch: 22
BAB: +14/+9/+4 Melee: +16 Ranged: +22
Speed: 40ft, fly 150ft (poor)

Saves:
Fort +12 (+7 Racial +2 Rogue +3 Con)
Ref +20 (+7 Racial +5 Rogue +8 Dex)
Will +12 (+7 Racial +2 Rogue +3 Wis)

Attacks:
Bite +16 1d8+2
*2 Claws +11 1d6+1
*2 Wings +11 1d4+1
Short Sword +18 1d6+4 19-20/*2 Crit
Short Bow +23 1d6+1 *3 Crit 60ft Range Increment

Skills:
Bluff (19 ranks) +2 Cha = +21
Craft (Trapmaking) (6 ranks) +4 Int = +10
Disable Device (18 ranks) +4 Int = +22
Escape Artist (19 ranks) +8 Dex = +27
Jump (10 ranks free due to racial HD, I have the 3.0, this may have changed) +2 Str = +12
Knowledge (Arcana) (10 ranks) +4 Int = +14
Knowledge (Biology) (10 ranks) +4 Int = +14
Knowledge (Engineering) (13 ranks) +4 Int = +17
Knowledge (History) (10 ranks) +4 Int = +14
Knowledge (Religion) (9 ranks) +4 Int = +13
Listen (19 ranks) +3 Wis = +22
Ride (Dragon) (9 1/2 Ranks cc) +8 Dex = +17
Search (19 ranks) +4 Int = +23
Spot (19 ranks) +3 Wis = +22
Use Magic Device (18 ranks) +2 Cha = +20

Class Features/ Feats:
Sneak Attack 3d6
Trapfinding
Trapsense+1
Evasion
Uncanny Dodge
1 Hover
3 Flyby Attack
6 Adroit Flyby Attack
9 Iron Will
12 Suppress Weakness
15 Overcome Weakness

Racial Abilities:
Alternate Form 3/day
Cloudwalking
Blindsense 60ft
Darkvision 120ft
Low-Light Vision
Immunity to Acid, Cold, Magic Sleep Effects, Paralysis
Breath Weapon- 30ft cone of Cold 4d8 cold, Reflex DC18 half, 30ft cone paralysis 1d6+2 rounds, Fortitude DC18 negates

Items:
Gemstone of Fortification (heavy)
Bracers of Armor +8
Spool of Endless Rope
Mantle of Spell Resistance
+1 Medium Short Bow of Brilliant Energy
+2 Medium Short Sword
Ring of Protection +4
Ring of Invisibilty
Gloves of Dexterity +6
Eyes of Charming
Ring Gates
Decanter of Endless Water
Robe of Blending
Helm of Telepathy
Heward's Handy Haversack
Boots of Elvenkind
Murlynd's Spoon
Quiver of Ehlonna
Hand of the Mage
*2 Immovable Rods
Chime of Opening (50 Charges)
Clothing (Monk's outfit, Explorer's outfit, Scholar's outfit)
Standard Adventurer's Kit, Type 2 (Backpack, Bedroll, Winter Blanket, Bag of Caltrops, Map Case, Crowbar, Flint and Steel, Grappling Hook, Small Steel Mirror, 50' Silk Rope, Sewing Needle, Spade, Waterskin)

History: Deep in the bowels of the earth, protected from the chromatics and their kindred, Thric was born. Inquisitive since birth he wandered away from the rest of the hatchlings in the dark recesses of the Underdark. For many years the young silver wandered gathering treasure from the strange caches left from many years before. The caves were wonderous and vast and Thric marveled at every building left behind by the ancient ones. One day while exploring he came upon a strange blue stone. Thric toyed with the stone like a child until he accidently activated it. In an instant the lifetime of one of the ancient ones flashed through his mind. Awaking in a cold sweat the young dragon, now in human form, scoured the ruins of the city and found many weapons. The memories of the destruction, combined with his knowledge of the evils of the surface world hardened the young dragon. He set out in a vengeful fit to destroy the works of the chromatic dragons. For two years now he has hunted them, and the whispers of the human who stalks wyrms have reached the ears of many great and evil dragons who remember the destruction.

Last edited:

AmorFati

First Post
Lord Wyrm said:
Here's my part of my submission:

Name: Thric Martivir (No Peace)
Race: Very Young Silver Dragon
Class: Dragon 10 + 2 LA + Rogue 6

STR 14 (base 10 (2 points)+4 racial)
DEX 22 (base 16(10 points)+0 racial +6 Gloves)
CON 16 (base 12(4 points)+4 racial)
INT 18 (base 14(8 points)+4 racial)
WIS 16 (base 12(4 points)+4 racial)
CHA 14 (base 10(2 points)+4 racial)

HD: 10d12+6d6+48(96hp)
AC: 38 (10 base + 9 natural + 6 DEX + 8 Armor + 5 Deflection) Flat-Footed: 32 Touch: 21
BAB: +15/+10/+5 Melee: +17 Ranged: +21
Speed:40ft, fly 150ft (poor)

Attacks:
Bite +17 1d8+2
*2 Claws +12 1d6+1
*2 Wings +12 1d4+1

Items:
Gemstone of Fortification (heavy)
Bracers of Armor +8
Spool of Endless Rope
Mantle of Spell Resistance
+1 Short Bow of Brilliant Energy
+2 Short Sword
Ring of Protection +5
Ring of Invisibilty
Gloves of Dexterity +6
Eyes of Charming
Ring Gates
Decanter of Endless Water
Robe of Blending
Helm of Telepathy

12,360 Left to spend

Looks good so far. However, dragons don't really use weapons like swords and bows. Also, We will want a good backstory, personality etc. And what about feats and skills?

Last edited:

AmorFati

First Post
Lord_Raven88 said:
Well I'm very interested in this game, I have a few questions though.

1. Are Half Dragons allowed?
2. Can you provide some more info regarding the 3 dragons from the Draconomicon.

Thanks

1: No, only those dragons mentioned in the first post. There might be half-dragons in the game, however not in the good side.

2: Battle dragons are what the name says; dragons who like battle. They used to serve as steeds for the more powerfull entities of the world before it was destroyed. Battle dragons are usually dull brown, but when it takes flight the sun makes it gleams like gold. Battle dragons are optimists, and often inspire others to bravery and valor.
Special Abilities: Sonic energy breath weapon and fear gas breath weapon. Immunity to sonic damage, damage reduction 5/magic.
Spell-like abilities: 3/day Aid and Protection from Evil. 1/day Shield other.

Radiant dragons: Wonderful and terrible in their righteosness and their dedication to destroying evil. A Radiant dragon shines with a heavenly glow, but it can douse the glow if it desires. If you are able to look directly at its grandeur, you see that its perfectly shaped scales glisten like molten white gold. It has a voice like heavenly thunder. They are the best allies to creatures with nobility and justice, offering help and healing to those who need it. When faced with chaos and evil, it becomes a furious whirl of color and light, destroying all who oppose it.
Special Abilities: Ligh breath weapon and Force breath weapon. Immunity to light effects.
Spell-like abilities: At will: Daylight

Faerie Dragons: A mischevious little creature that often used to ally itself with pixied and other fey creatures. Its scales are iridescent, reflecting all the colors of the light. It has butterfly-like wings in a beautiful platinum color. It usually wears a sharp-toothed grin, except when in combat. It has a long tail that always flicker and twitches, especially when it is happy or excited. They used to live in forests, hiding from non-fey, preferring the company of creatures such as dryads.
Special Abilities: Euphoria gas breath weapon. immunity to sleep and paralysis, spell resistance 18.
Spell-like abilities:
At will: Dancing lights, detect magic, ghost sound.
3/day: charm monster, entangle, grlitterdust, invisibility, major image, obscuring mist.
1/day: Animate object, mind fog, project image, summon natures ally IV.
1/month: Commune with nature

Shayuri

First Post
Looks cool!

Only one thing nags at me though. Is it just me, or are those HD and ECL's from 3.0, not 3.5?

Every source I can find says a Young Gold Dragon is ECL 20, not 18. Other dragon types and ages seem similarly off.

Intentional?

AmorFati

First Post
Shayuri said:
Looks cool!

Only one thing nags at me though. Is it just me, or are those HD and ECL's from 3.0, not 3.5?

Every source I can find says a Young Gold Dragon is ECL 20, not 18. Other dragon types and ages seem similarly off.

Intentional?

Yes, we've removed 2 LA from everything. Our reasoning is that since most of the lesser races with no LA are annihilated etc, the average powerlevel of the creatures are higher than usual.

Nonlethal Force

First Post
CHARACTER SHEET:
Code:
[B]Name:[/B] Flitterdust
[B]Classes:[/B] Faerie Dragon/Favored Soul 
[B]Levels:[/B] 8/10
[B]Race:[/B] Faerie Dragon
[B]Size:[/B] Small
[B]Gender:[/B] Male
[B]Alignment:[/B] NG 
[B]Deity:[/B] Bahamut (From Complete Divine)

[B]Str:[/B] 10 +0  (8 +2 racial)      
[B]Dex:[/B] 24 +7  (14 +8 racial +2 Deep Red Ioun Stone)      
[B]Con:[/B] 16 +3  (14 +2 racial)     
[B]Int:[/B] 16 +3  (12 +4 racial)     
[B]Wis:[/B] 30 +10 (14 +6 racial +4 advancement +4 Tome of Understanding +2 Ioun Stone Incandescent Blue)     
[B]Cha:[/B] 24 +7  (14 +6 racial +4 Tome of Leadership and Influence)     

[B]CL:[/B] 18                   [B]XP:[/B] 153,000
[B]BAB:[/B] +15                 [B]HP:[/B] 165 (12+49[I][Dragon][/I]+50[I][Favored Soul][/I]+54[I][CON][/I])
[B]Grapple:[/B] +14             [B]Dmg Red:[/B] 0/
[B]Speed:[/B] 20/100(perfect)   [B]Spell Res:[/B] 18
[B]Init:[/B] +13                [B]Spell Save:[/B] 0
[B]ACP:[/B] -0                  [B]Spell Fail:[/B] n/a

[B]Total[/B]    [B]Base  Armor Shld   Dex  Size   Nat  Misc[/B]
[B]Armor:[/B]      41      10    +8    +0    +7    +1    +4    +11 (Amulet of Natural Armor, Ioun Stone Dusty Rose, Ring of Protection)
[B]Touch:[/B]      17              
[B]Flatfooted:[/B] 34

[B]Total[/B]   [B]Base   Mod  Misc[/B]
[B]Fort:[/B]  +21      13    +3   +5 (Spinecap of Resistance)      
[B]Ref:[/B]   +25      13    +7   +5 (Spinecap of Resistance)      
[B]Will:[/B]  +28      13    +10  +5 (Spinecap of Resistance)      

[B]Weapon                  Attack   Damage     Critical     Special[/B]

[B]Languages:[/B] Common, Auran, Celestial, Draconic, Ignan, Sylvan 

[B]Abilities:[/B] 
Small Abilities
Immune to sleep/paralysis
Dancing Light at will
Detect Magic at will
Ghost Sound at will
Charm Monster 3/day
Entangle 3/day
Glitterdust 3/day
Invisibility 3/day
Major Image 3/day
Obscuring Mist 3/day
Animate Object 1/day
Mind Fog 1/day
Project Image 1/day
Summon Nature's Ally IV 1/day
Commune with Nature 1/month

[B]Feats:[/B] 
1:     Hover
3:     Wingover
6:     Improved Initiative
9:     Quick Reconnoiter
11 FS: Weapon Focus (Bite)
12:    Augment Healing
13 FS: Energy Resistance 10 (acid)
15:    Practised Spellcaster
18:    Negotiator
18 FS: Energy Resistance 10 (fire)

[B]Skill Points:[/B] 149       [B]Max Ranks:[/B] 21/10.5
[B]Skills                Ranks  Mod  Misc  Total[/B]
Bluff                  +10    +7         +17
Concentration          +20    +3         +23
Diplomacy              +20    +7   +8    +35 [Synergy:Bluff, Knowledge(Nobility), Sense Motive, Feat:Negotiator]
Heal                   +20    +10        +30
Hide                   +10    +7   +4    +21 [Small bonus]
Knowledge(Arcana)      +10    +3         +13
Knowledge(Nobility)    +9     +3         +12
Knowledge(Religion)    +10    +3         +13
Listen                 +10    +10  +2    +22 [Feat:Alertness]
Sense Motive           +20    +10  +2    +32 [Feat: Negotiator]
Spot                   +10    +10  +2    +22 [Feat:Alertness]

[B]Equipment:                               Cost[/B]
Tome of Understanding                   111,000
Tome of Leadership and Influence        111,000
Bracers of Armor +8                      64,000
Ring of Protection                       50,000
Amulet of Natural Armor                  50,000
Spinecap of Resistance                   25,000
Minor Ring of Electricity Resistance     12,000
Ioun Stone Deep Red                       8,000
Ioun Stone Incandescent Blue              8,000
Ioun Stone Dusty Rose                     5,000 
Glasses of Status 2/day [Use activated]   4,800[COLOR=Yellow]*[/COLOR]   Total: 448,800

[COLOR=Yellow]*[/COLOR] See Spoiler below for item description:
[Spoiler]Glasses of Status: [I]Custom Magic Weapon[/I]
These simple glasses look like an old set of librarian's glasses, except 
that they are made in a fashion for a draconic face.  They have a thin, 
but very flexible iron frame that supports half-circle lenses which are 
curved on the bottom and flat on the top.  When the wearer desires, the 
glasses grant the wearer an effect identical to the spell Status.  The glasses 
can be used 2 times per day.  The wearer can touch one person as a target 
and the effects last for 3 hours per use unless dismissed earlier.  
Faint Divination; CL 3rd; Craft Wonderous Item, [I]Status[/I]; Price 4,800 [/Spoiler]

[B]Casting Ability:[/B] 

Caster level: 14 (10 +4 Practiced Spellcaster Feat)
Spell DC: 20 + spell level

Spells per day: 6/9/8/8/7/5
0 - Create Water 
    Detect Poison 
    Guidance
    Light
    Mending
    Purify Food and Drink
    Read Magic
    Resistance
    Virtue

1 - Bless
    Comprehend Languages
    Cure Light Wounds
    Lesser Vigor (CD)
    Sanctuary
    Shield of Faith

2 - Bull's Strength
    Cure Moderate Wounds
    Curse of Ill Fortune (CD)
    Gentle Repose
    Silence
    Sound Burst

3 - Cure Serious Wounds
    Lesser Visage of Bahamut (CD)
    Prayer
    Resist Energy Mass(CAr)
    Vigor (CD)

4 - Cure Critical Wounds
    Discern Lies
    Recitation (CD)
    Restoration

5 - Blistering Radiance(CAd)
    Greater Vigor(CD)
    Raise Dead

CHARACTER BACKGROUND:

Flitterdust was always interested in Bahamut. Among his clutch, his was the only egg to take on a platinum sheen. When he used his egg tooth to break through the shell, his mother noticed that his egg tooth was platinum colored. While the egg tooth has since fallen out long ago, Flitterdust does infact pride himself on the platinum sheen of his scales. In spite of the majority of Faerie Dragons having platinum colored scales – Flitterdust still maintains that his are even more true to Bahamut’s own color.

Flitterdust grew up listening to his mother tell tales of dryads. Dryads always seemed like such pleasant fey, and it was Flitterdust’s dream to meat one some day. However, with the great war between the dragons occurring, Flitterdust realized that the chance of finding a true dryad is highly unlikely. He always gathered that it was just an unfortunate timing for his birth.

As Flitterdust grew, he realized he began to take on several unique characteristics. One day, Flitterdust was being chased by a ruthless juvenile black dragon. It was supposed to be a simple information gathering mission. But as Flitterdust crossed into the territory of this particular black dragon clan he discovered that it was a trap. The juvenile was dispatched as a test of his hunting prowess. As the juvenile closed the distance, it breathed out its noxious acidic breath. Flitterdust assumed he was nearly finished, but his platinum scales held up extra well against the acid. Sure, he was damaged, but not nearly what he assumed he would be. Having been encouraged by the seeming supernatural ability to resist the acid, Flitterdust charged back to friendly territory and avoided several more attacks by the juvenile black. But as he neared home, the great silver dragon who was keeping watch over the neutral territory leapt off of her perch and charged toward the juvenile. The black didn’t see the silver coming – such was his focus upon Flitterdust. The silver snatched the black out of the air and immediately landed. The black dragon was crushed under the great silver’s claws.

Not all of Flitterdust's abilities deal with combat and warfare, however. Flitterdust has always struggled with languages. But in spite of the language dificulty, Flitterdust constantly prayed to Bahamut for blessing in this matter. He tried hard to learn dwarven, for he loved the stories about the people who might live underground for years at a time. But it didn't work out. Flitterdust continued to pray to Bahamut for guidance. The next language he tried to learn was Giant. But again, the language got the best of him. Flitterdust grew tired of failure and began to pray even more fervently to Bahamut. After a year of struggling with various languages and praying every day - finally Flitterdust woke up from a dream one day with an answer from Bahamut. It wasn't that he was unable to master the languages, he had a problem learning the different alphabets! Immediately he fluttered to his teacher and asked if there were any languages that used the same alphabet as his beloved Draconic - the language of Bahamut's kind, after all. The teacher smiled and began to teach Flitterdust Ignan. Flitterdust mastered it almost instantly. Searching for even more information, Flitterdust's teacher began to teach the faerie dragon Auran. Flitterdust mastered that language just as quickly. But Flitterdust had now exceeded his teacher's knowledge of languages that used the Draconic alphabet. Flitterdust knew he could do more and so he prayed more fervantly than ever before. Flitterdust prayed at dawn, noon, dusk, and midnight for Bahamut to grant him even just one more language. Bahamut heard his prayers, although Flitterdust's mother swears that Bahamut only blessed Flitterdust to get him to stop pestering the Platinum Dragon with all the prayers. One day Flitterdust awoke with the knowledge of Celestial. Bahamut had not only granted Flitterdust another language - but there was a significance to this gift. Bahamut had seen Flitterdust's devotion and granted him the language of the good gods.

More recently, Flitterdust has learned that his beautiful platinum scales have taken on another ability to resist energy. Ths time, Flitterdust was supporting a flight of gold dragons making a surveillance excursion into the land of a particular red clan. The red came out to challenge, and a battle began. The reds surrounded the gold dragons, hitting them from every side. The gold dragons tightened their formation – drawing the reds closer together and using their immunity to fire. One particular red caught Flitterdust from behind and the fire beat hard against his scales. He was singed, but not as badly as he thought he would be. The gold dragons sprang forward with a combined force of weakening gas – and then pulverized the flight of reds. As the gold dragons flew home, the proudly talked about their victory – and even commented on Flitterdust’s ability to resist the powerful red breath.

As Flitterdust grew in combat experience, he began to realize that Bahamut blessed him even further. He found that by concentrating hard enough he could bring wonderous effects into existence. He could detect poisonous areas. He could create water, or even purify that food and water that had been reclaimed from enemy encampments. As a support member of combat flights, he found that his presence could enhance those around him. He began to be able to understand foreign languages if he used his new ability for magic. However, perhaps his most blessed gift was the ability to heal and deal with fallen comrades. He began to be able to not only preserve fallen comrades – but even recently he has received the ability to bring those fallen comrades back to life. This blessing from Bahamut is his most treasured gift.

Flitterdust makes no attempts to fight. He knows that his small stature has no effect upon the much larger reds, blues, or even the larger whites. But among the flights of dragons that he is sent to accompany, he has earned the respect of many because of his ability to make them more powerful in his presence – and to even bring the fallen dragons back to friendly territory where their remains can be properly dealt with.

Last edited:

Krug

Newshound
I wouldn't mind playing a Faerie Dragon;maybe a druid, given the creature's propensity for nature, though a level or so of rogue is also appealing.

Kinja the faerie dragon druid saw the world wracked in pain, and knew, though small, she could play a part in turning the tide of time. One of the favoured of the Fey Queen, who loved being stroked by her soft hands, the dragon left the safe confines of his faerie home to save the world she loved, and all the animals therein, even smelly Bogtor, the dire bear.

Last edited:

Remove ads