Rate S3 - Expedition to the Barrier Peaks

Rate S3 Expedition to the Barrier Peaks

• Poll closed .

Eternalknight

First Post
Now that I am back from holidays...

This one seemed touchy in the Best/Worst adventure threads, with some liking it and some hating the sci-fi-in-fantasy theme. Your thoughts?

Crothian

First Post
It used to be really good, but since so many people know the hidden twist it just isn't fun anymore. This module I feel needs the players to not know the sci fi element and that's almost impossible these days.

Eternalknight

First Post
I know how you feel. Luckily, I subtly asked my group what they knew of it the other day, and none of them (most have only been playing a few years) knew much :)

Eternalknight

First Post
Crothian said:
My current group at least two knew the secret so I went with the giant modules

See, my group actually know thw whole G-D-Q thing and the story behind it, so those modules are less of a surprise for them.

Altalazar

First Post
I thought it was a good adaption of a sci-fi element into the D&D world. I always liked that module. I ran it once (1E of course) and the players enjoyed it as well. But then we were basically into the one-shot, so there were no long-term campaign ramifications.

Don't think it's fair for me to vote on this one. I'm biased against the module from the word "go," because I strongly dislike mixing sci-fi in my fantasy, except under very specific circumstances.

Pants

First Post
Hated it from the beginning. Not so much for just the sci-fi stuff, but because it was a lame mixture of crummy sci-fi and fantasy.

Remove ads