The last colony

DarkMaster

First Post
Huyna has left his tribe 8 rising sun ago. If what he heard from Viuy is accurate he should now be close to the foreigner setlement. His friend Viuy, one of the tribe's best warrior, said it took him about 12 rising sun to get to the strangers setlement. Viuy is brave but not stupid he observed their bizarre ways and their complete lack of respect for the land and jungle from the distance and seeing that he was outnumbered returned to the tribe to tell what he saw. Huyna dreams have probably been inspired by the warrior tale. He also remembers how badly one of them treated Kyala. The old lady saw him badly wounded. She brought him back to the village and healed him. His name was Frolengag. He tooks most of the tribesman about a season to pronounce his name correctly. The men taugh a few of us their language. Huyna thinks that right now it could become very handy.

He became a friend to us, but once he saw his old compagnion he betrayed us and they savagely murdered a few of us before dissapearing in the jungle.

Brushing his head Huyna tries to remove from his head what happened and refocus on the task at hand.

He took Viuy 12 rising sun, the powerfull warrior isn't as fast as Huyna so he should be very close now.

That reminds him that the last time he saw him the two moons were visible at night. His old friends left for the north to see if an alliance with the mountain tribe was possible against the foreigner.

As Huyna moves swiftly through the woods he notices in front far away in the bushes an unusual movement in the leaves of a bush a few hundred feets in front of him.

---

Sherylee and Vaanork have been hunting owlbear for two weeks without any success. Since they started working togheter as Magical trapper their business has been booming. Most of their business nowadays goes through George the trader. They don't know why but they always felt that he was the only human they could trust in that trading post.

Usually within a few days they are able to capture their prey and satisfy George customer. But that order is fairly big an Owlbear, they had to hire extra ressources to help them in capturing one of these monster. These two guys Hurt and Groleg told them they were experienced an had already dealt with those type of creature. But as the days goes by it becomes clearer and clearer that these two guys completly fooled them. They seems to be commiting more mistakes than anything else. They are so stealthy that anyone can see them coming miles around. Used to deliver, Sherylee and Vaanork starts to feel the pressure more and more from George who himself promised that he would get that beak to his customer.

----

Another day at the store and still no new from the two rangers. The sun is slowly falling on the horizon and still nothing. George really starts to wonder what's happening. Probably those two drunk punk they hired, nothing good ever came from these two. If he can't get that beak before next week Fromur will probably go see Joe and that's not good for my business. The old Joe would be too happy to steal my customer, especially Fromur, thinks George.

The sick wizard is after all his biggest customer. Has he thinks about it, he notices a stranger getting out of the passenger cart. He usually don't pay attention to all the newcommer but that one seems special, He has that I don't know what that makes him stand out from the other passenger. Before he can take a better look at the stranger an old and mean voices interrupts him.

"So George, where is that Owlbear beak you promised me. You always delivered in the past and I always paid you good for that. But this time I am very dissapointed.

Fromur says. The fairly young (30's) but sick looking wizard looks at George almost as if he was disgusted by him. His whole body looks sick and weak. George always felt that his skin was almost glowing death. His very thin grey hair cut at ears length.

As usual dressed in his purple robe, his two shiny silver pistol hanged to his dark leather belt he continues "Perhaps Joe knows how to find me a beak He finishes with a defying tone and a provocing smile.

---

Finally the caravan stops. Saul is exhausted and bored to death. Him who got use to actions lately was stuck with that old lady, Miss Collenragen, who kept on talking about her niece in Krotengborg. Why did he said he was from there again, was the only thing in his mind the whole trip. Her niece was indeed very nice (at least from what he saw on the magical drawing) but she was so annoying. The lady is on her way to Foral where she will meet her brother an Heireionous missionary who hopes to convert the friendly natives.

Ever since his mentor Aral abandon him Saul has been on his own. Always looking to increases his knowledge of the new continent he decided to head for Foral where he could explore the Colomo grotto, where the ancestor of the Bornom tribes first appeared. Luckily he didn't share that information with the lady.

The caravan will stop for the night at the little trading post, letting the traveller eat and rest for the night. The driver stopped in front of the only Inn of place. Nearby Saul sees many trading shop, where customers and trappers seems to exchange various good. He politely helps the lady getting out of the car and as he is about to excuse himself she asks him. "Young men, would you share your meal with me tonight. I really appreciated your compagny. And if it's not too much asked I would appreciate to have your helm name. So that when we are back home I could put you in contact with my wonderfull niece. You are so alike, you would make a wonderfull couple" She finishes with a smiles.

[sblock] That's it for the railroading, this was just to put you in situation. Your character are now all yours ;) [/sblock]

Last edited:

Songdragon

Explorer

Sitting by the evening's campfire, one of which Sherylee objected to creating, but the constant whining of Hurt and Groleg. She eyed the pair as they gleefully sat around the fire enjoying its warmth and it's light that they believed would keep away the other creatures of the jungle.

Looking over at her gnomish companion, she whispered in Verdar, "My friend, we really need to be rid of these two. While were having troubles before, with these two we will never catch our prey."

She leaned back against the sleeping form of her large feline companion and tried to let her frustration at yet another day's lack of progress melt away from her. Reaching out a small hand and slowly stroked the gold colored fur. She opened her eyes as the pair let out a laugh at some inside joke of theirs and shook her head and looked to the Vaanork once more.

Pencil and paper

First Post
Songdragon said:
"My friend, we really need to be rid of these two. While were having troubles before, with these two we will never catch our prey."

She's right we must let this two boys go, this non progress is turning me crazy...

Talking low and in Verdar “I'm afraid your right” “they are to no help”...... “I'm gonna tell them to leave for the trading post by the morning” “I will also write a note to George, telling him that we are going to stay a day or two searching for owlbears” “seems we are both likely frustrated about the hunting technique this two are using” he laughs a short noisy and nasal laughter “the: scare and hope the pray fall in a hole technique”

Vaanork, starts searching in his backpack for a piece of paper, pen and some sealing wax. When he finds it, he looks over to Sherylee "come here, take a look"

He scribbles a note to George:

Friend, we have not been lucky the past week in matter of hunting. We have successfully tracked down some animals, but our companion has given away our position all the times, when sneaking upon the beasts.
We have decided to finish our partnership with ___ and ___. And send them to you with this note.
Sherylee and I will stay one or two days more in the jungle searching for owlbears., and hopefully take down one of those beasts.
-Vaanork

“what you think of that?” “shall i tell them our decision?”

Ranger Rick

First Post
George Anasualt Rogue

"Now now sir, like I mentioned before, I do not have one in stock, we both know that only fresh beaks are needed for spells. I have four men out in the bush country hunting for one now. They where sent out within hours after you placed your order. A mighty mage such as your self should never wait, but I am sure your experince has told you that sometimes things happen and certain items can not be procured with a snap of the finger. Please sir, give my hunters a little bit more time."

Diplomancy +13

Songdragon

Explorer
Pencil and paper said:
“what you think of that?” “shall i tell them our decision?”

The rose from the comfortable position on the jaguar's side and she let our a disturbed 'meow' that startled Hurt and Groleg and moved over to look at the note that the gnome had just penned. It worked well enough and then eyeing the duo by the fire she replied to the gnome, "Yes, lets."

jkason

First Post
Saul

Saul bows and smiles, though inwardly he cringes at spending more time with Miss Collenragen. Still, it never did any good to snub a rich woman. The trick would be finding a way to get out of the engagement without seeming to refuse the offer.

"Saul Leoster is my name. I am honored by your request, lady. I should very much like to dine with you. However, as I have an important meeting with a client this evening, and I cannot guarantee I'll be free of it at a respectable hour, I fear the safest course for the moment is to decline. I would hate to accept, only to have you wait for me overlong. You understand, of course."

OOC:[sblock]I'm not sure how you want to handle rolls. I went ahead and rolled a bluff check at invisible castle: 11+8=19.

If you prefer to make rolls secretly, just disregard it. Saul's Bluff bonus is +8 in that case.[/sblock]

Pencil and paper

First Post
Vaanork Gnome/Ranger

“So be it”...”but first i want to add something” He scribbles some few more words

If you can. Send reinforcements of the stealthy type or at least someone whit leather armor.

He rolls the paper together ans seals it with wax, using a lighted branch from their camp fire.
Vaanork walks over the 10 ft where the two mans giggles sitting by a small camp fire. “Sherylee and myself have taken a decision” “we have no longer use of your help... and we need someone to give this note to George” ... “sooooo” he says dragging the 'o' “you can return to the trading post tomorrow early or right away” “ as you prefer”. He bows to the two mens and adds “it was a pleasure work with you both”

Yeah sure! He thinks to himself. He yaws at Sherylee at the moment he gives the two mens the back to return to his friend and half barbecued rabbit he found in the trap, lied this morning.

DarkMaster

First Post
OOC Jkason that's ok, I normally roll dice but that method is fine too.

Miss Collenragen looks at the bards sadly dissapointed. She then adds "No problem, Mr Leoster. If by any chance your important meeting finishes earlier I would be at the restaurant. Please don't be shy to come and join me" She finishes subtlely winking at him.

She then turns towards the large half-orc who sitted next to her the whole trip. "Virgil, please pick up my bags to my room." The half-orc pick up the bag from the caravan and heads towards the hotel. She then follows him inside right before going in she makes a small wave to Saul.

OOC It is a known practice for rich people traveling abroad to bring along their bodyguards.

----

(Diplomacy roll 15+13) The wizard looks at George for a few second, straight in the eyes. He grimaces and adds "You are lucky that I like you George, I am usually less patient when faced with incompetence. I wouldn't mind meeting those two trappers of yours when they are back" He finishes touching the handle of his pistol and with an "evil" smile on his face. "I would really like to meet those two"
---
OOC I have to wait for the druid before I go on with the rangers.

jkason

First Post
Saul

DarkMaster said:
Miss Collenragen looks at the bards sadly dissapointed. She then adds "No problem, Mr Leoster. If by any chance your important meeting finishes earlier I would be at the restaurant. Please don't be shy to come and join me" She finishes subtlely winking at him.

She then turns towards the large half-orc who sitted next to her the whole trip. "Virgil, please pick up my bags to my room." The half-orc pick up the bag from the caravan and heads towards the hotel. She then follows him inside right before going in she makes a small wave to Saul.

Saul waves back, his best smile in place, playing the charming young man until she's finally out of sight. As this is the only Inn, he'll have to get himself a room eventually, but for now he thinks it best to let Miss Collenragen check in alone. Gods help him if she were to find out his room number.

What to do while he waited? It seemed, with all the shops around, he might as well do what children of priveledge were born to do: it was time to do some shopping.

Brushing the road dust from his clothes, Saul headed into the closest shop to see what wares they had in this little backwater.

Ranger Rick

First Post
DarkMaster said:
(Diplomacy roll 15+13) The wizard looks at George for a few second, straight in the eyes. He grimaces and adds "You are lucky that I like you George, I am usually less patient when faced with incompetence. I wouldn't mind meeting those two trappers of yours when they are back" He finishes touching the handle of his pistol and with an "evil" smile on his face. "I would really like to meet those two"

"I will let you meet them when they come in sir, try to have a good day.".....George thinks silently, WTF is going on with those four?

OOC: I will be offline until Monday. Use me as you all see fit.

Remove ads