Criminal Minds

Crothian

First Post
I tried to tape it but the power went off about half through the episode so I didn't want to just watch half if it, but plan to watch it next week.

Cthulhudrew

First Post
I enjoyed it for the most part (enough to tune in again), though I found a couple of parts not to my liking. In particular, I didn't like the profiling session, with Gideon addressing the audience- I thought that whole session was put together rather oddly. In general, I really disliked all of the profiling scenes with extreme closeups and background imagery- it would have been far more interesting to play those scenes out like the rest of the show, with the characters working through the problems.

The ending was pretty cheesy. It may have worked with the pilot, but they probably should have reshot it when the series got picked up, because I have a feeling they're not going to follow up on it next week.

Otherwise, I enjoyed it. The characters are, for the most part, interesting though a couple of them strayed too far into caricature at times (the skeptical FBI agent, the rookie agent), but hopefully that was just to set the stage for them and won't be an ongoing thing; they certainly showed enough promise outside of the stereotypes to not have to pigeonhole them that way. I like seeing Thomas Gibson in a dramatic role again- he was badly wasted for far too long on 'Dharma & Greg', and though he didn't have quite enough to do in this episode, he still managed to make a strong presence.

Ghostwind

First Post
Cthulhudrew said:
The ending was pretty cheesy. It may have worked with the pilot, but they probably should have reshot it when the series got picked up, because I have a feeling they're not going to follow up on it next week.

I like seeing Thomas Gibson in a dramatic role again- he was badly wasted for far too long on 'Dharma & Greg', and though he didn't have quite enough to do in this episode, he still managed to make a strong presence.

The ending was certainly a teaser. My first thought was it was going to explain the Boston incident. I suspect that things will be revealed in the coming episodes. The show almost strikes me analgous to an onion: many layers to be pulled back only to reveal new things.

I agree about your assessment of Thomas Gibson. He's a strong dramatic actor and has a lot of presence on-screen. He and Mandy will be the center points of the show, no doubt.

Cthulhudrew

First Post
Ghostwind said:
The ending was certainly a teaser. My first thought was it was going to explain the Boston incident. I suspect that things will be revealed in the coming episodes. The show almost strikes me analgous to an onion: many layers to be pulled back only to reveal new things.

I hope you're right, but I have a feeling that's the last we'll hear/see of that bit. I don't think it relates to the Boston incident, because it dealt with the stuttering dude that Gideon was telling the class about at the beginning of the episode, and I don't think (could be wrong) that was related to the Boston thing.

Ghostwind

First Post
Well, they wrapped that loose end up very nicely. Overall, the episode wasn't great but it was still entertaining. I'm going to still keep watching it.

I'll definitely keep watching for a while, at least. I like the way the characters are (slowly) shaping up, and CSI got me hooked on procedural crime shows.

That said, they have some kinks to work out. I found the second episode a bit weaker than the first. And I really hope they don't turn this into a "strange psychosis of the week" series. The bad guy each episode doesn't necessarily have to be sick in some way we haven't seen before; that'll get old pretty quick...

Cthulhudrew

First Post
Ghostwind said:
Well, they wrapped that loose end up very nicely. Overall, the episode wasn't great but it was still entertaining. I'm going to still keep watching it.

MIssed the new episode. The loose end you mention- was that the cliffhanger from the first week? How'd they deal with it?

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases