Adamantine Golem (corrections plz)

Vincenzo

First Post
I need a more powerful golem then standard and huge irons.

Correct me plz im new to making monsters but not to the game so correct me where i need it.

Adamantine Golem
HP: 50d10 (250)
Initiative: -1 Dex
Speed: 20ft (can't run)
AC: 32 (-1 size, -1 dex, +22 natural, +2 adamantine)
Attacks: 2 slams +25 melee
Damage:Slam 2d10 +13
Face/Reach: 5 ft by 5 ft/ 10 ft
Special Attacks: Tremor
Special Qualities: Construct, magic immunity, damage reduction 50/+3, rust vulnerability
Abilities: Str 33, Dex 9, Con -, Int -, Wis 11, Cha 1
Climate/Terrain: Any land
Organization: Solitary or Gang (2-4)
Challenge Rating: 14 or 15
Treasure: Made of pure adamantine
Alignment: Always neutral
Advancement: 19-24 HD (large), 25-54 (huge)

Just a kicked up iron golem essentially. You can arm it with weapons. I personally like to put Damaging weaps like Huge greatswords on it instead of the one sword most golems use or any. Thing is i would take a -4 to 2 handed weapon rolls because its shape and build make it hard to move a two handed weapon.

I gave this to a necro in my campaign and it did fairly well.

Questions, comments, additions, changes?

Vincenzo

First Post
oh almost forgot.

Tremor (SA): Once every 1d12 rounds this golem can jump and land causing a tremor within a radius of 60ft from itself. All who are in range must make a balance check (DC 23) or become disarmed (from dropping weapon) and lose their actions for the next 1d2 rounds.

Like tremor? Gets in the way of those damn powergamer threads of attacks :)

2late

First Post
Some mechanicalwise corrections:

You should state which size the creature has, if it's not medium size it AC changes.
HP should be 275 instead of 250.
The slam attacks shouldn't be at +25 but at +25(base)+11(Str)
The damage should be at 2d10+11
The AC includes a "+2 adamantine" i'd remove this and increase the natural by +2
You state it has magic immunity, to what degree?
It has no saves,feats,skills at all.

Why does it have rust vulnerability? IIRC Adamantite is not subject to rust.

Tremor at DC 23 is to powerful, only monks will make the "save" and not all monks actually have Balance as a skill(but then OTOH they can't loose their weapons so they have less problems with this).
You could also state that this could damage the ground(and to what deegree it does)

Sixten

First Post
Couple of additions/corrections to what 2late said (most of which applies):

• Size changes both AC and BAB. I'm guessing this guy is Huge, which would give him -2 AC and -2 BAB.
  • Face/reach needs to match its size
  • If a creature only has one natural attack, it gets 1.5x Str bonus to damage; so, if this golem has only Slam, it should get +16 to the damage roll
  • Slam damage for a huge construct is 2d8
  • Constructs generally don't get skills and feats. But you should list saving throws.
  • Special abilities are classified as extraordinary (Ex), spell-like (Sp) or supernatural (Su). Tremor is probably the former.
  • Make it a Ref save, I think, not a Balance check.
  • Technically, I think that would make the save DC 32 (base + EHD/2 + modifier = 10 + 46/2 - 1 = 32)

Remove ads