Blackout-D20 Horror

Angel Tarragon

Dawn Dragon
Laera composes herself and keeps her cool. That last thing she wants is to draw more attention to herself. She crawls up the stairs, feeling each step on the way up so as to not make any noise.

OOC: Taking 20 on my Move Silently check.

Erudite

First Post
Hearing the gunshots, Tycho looks at Erin, recognizing her on trips to the garbage chute or at the mail box. "You might want to get back inside. Someone's playing Jason, if these" he jerks a thumb at the teens "have their story straight. If anyone has a cell phone, I suggest makin' the call to the cops." Quickly he reaches behind his front door and pulls out a wooden baseball bat, studded with hammered in nails. He gives it a swing or two, then heads for the stairwell.

"Lock the door, but be ready to open it, if, and I mean only if you like breathing, I tell you 'I'm not doing so good'. I tell you anything else, you keep that door closed." A look over his shoulder down the hall. "Hell, crawl down the fire escape if you like."

He places his first foot on the steps. "Anyone else want to play the damn fool hero, or am I the only one?" He starts down the stairs cautiously and quietly.

move silent (1d20+6=20)

Last edited:

Krug

Newshound
"Liu! Liu! Oh speak to me!" says Chen Jiu, loudly. He then realises that the gunshot was inside the building. Oh I hate America... He had never even seen a gun before. Should I go towards the sound or... Clutching onto the delivery of chicken, Chen Jiu definitely thought finding a place to hide would be better. It must be some gangsters... or might it be terrorists? Don't panic man... don't panic. And me, all ready to fight them with a chinese takeout box and chopsticks...

Liu looks for a staircase (unless the gunshot came from there), and will try to go down the stairs.

Eluvan

First Post
Realising how the situation is Erin just nods quickly. "Okay," she says simply. "I'll call the cops. And... good luck. Take care, okay?" she adds with a sincere look into his eyes that transcends the banality of her words. With that she shuts the door and dials 911 on her cell phone, all the while clutching the crucifix that hangs around her neck and praying silently but fervently for her neighbour.

LogicsFate

First Post
Erudite said:
He places his first foot on the steps. "Anyone else want to play the damn fool hero, or am I the only one?" He starts down the stairs cautiously and quietly.

"Damn fool" Jack echos "Not much of a hero if you get yourself killed"Jack follows him anyway, with the barest hint of a smile on his face.

OOC: Ignoring the good luck

Erudite

First Post
Shroom, I had meant to correct a missing word from my post, but instead of hitting 'edit' I hit 'quote', and did not realize it until I had posted the quote. Needless to day, I deleted the quote, replacing it with 'ignore'. I should have been more specific!

ShrooMofDooM

First Post
Frukathka, Krug, Erudite, and LogicsFate: [sblock]IC: Laera, cautiously making her way up to the eighth floor, is met by Chen Jiu who has moved towards the staircase and by Tycho and Jack who have been moving down the stairs as well, apparently searching for the killer or whatever it is causing the gory deaths in the complex.

OOC: Man, you guys move, don't you? :) Normally, I'd just say you went ahead and reached your destinations, but there were so many people intersecting here, I thought it'd be nice to announce it in case you all wanted to team up or to plan or whatever.[/sblock]

Eluvan: [sblock]IC: Upon dialing 911, you're met not by an operator, but by an ominous growling, as if a dog had picked up the phone on the other end. The growling persists for half a minute or so, and then you hear what sounds like scratching on the other end, still accompanied by the growls.

Simultaneously, on the other side of your apartment door you hear the same noises. You didn't notice it at first as it was perfectly in sync with the noise on the other end of the phone, not to mention the murmuring going on between the teens in Tycho's apartment.[/sblock]

Remove ads