Planescape: A Hopeless Beginning

Eluvan

First Post
"Well, travellers here aren't so very rare," Imthael replies to Vaerhia and Krikit. "But it's not every day that a group arrives who appear so... malleable. Please understand, I don't mean to be disparaging. But whether they're right or not, that's why people are taking an interest. In any case, eager as I was to make your acquaintance, time's against me. You arrived just as I was coming to the conclusion that I could spare no more time from my other tasks, and I fear that I must be on my way. I hope we'll meet again. At dinner perhaps?" With that Imthael makes a small curtsey and departs.

Scotley

Hero
Wyk

Wyk nods pleasantly to Eclaiyan's greeting and even returns a jaunty wave. Once the baatezu departs Wyk will gesture for the others to join him in a sort of huddle. Speaking softly he says, "We were shown the goods that we all lost and informed that the slavers who took us were here. We can get the goods back for a price. Danian, agent of Emenukaris, says we have to kill that Devil," guesturing in the direction of the departing Imthael. "Of course he doesn't want to be blamed for it."

JimAde

First Post
Krikit replies testily, "Well isn't that convenient? But I have a few questions." He raises his tiny fist and begins to tick off questions on his fingers: "One. What assurances have we that Emenukaris will return our property if we comply? Two. Do we really know that Imthael has done anything to merit being killed? I don't really think we're in a position to judge anyone based on the vagaries of their appearance. And three," he says nearly shouting now, "why should we do the bidding of a pompous tin god who has already stolen from us?" Taking a deep breath and calming slightly he turns to Minala. "So what did she have to say, anyway," he asks.

doghead

thotd
JimAde said:
Taking a deep breath and calming slightly he turns to Minala. "So what did she have to say, anyway," he asks.

Minala considers for a moment.

"She didn't tell me much more than she told you. Ahh ... half the people at the court think you are a danger, the other half think you are ... could be useful. Something like that. She offered me a gift. But I didn't take it. She said that it was wise to be wary."

Minala turns to Wyk.

"You ... er, I want no part in any plan to kill her."

Scotley

Hero
Wyk

"You raise some good points and for some reason I have qualms as well. As far as assurances, we were offered the goods including the bag of holding they were in up front. Technically, the goods were stolen by the slavers and salvaged by the local 'tin god', I like that phrase for him and I haven't even met him. We don't know that she has done anything wrong. In my youth I'd have considered any of her ilk to be in need of slaying on sight, but I've become a bit less rigid in my thinking in recent years. I certainly don't judge based on appearances."

Remove ads