Planescape: A Hopeless Beginning

JimAde

First Post
Krikit toasts along with the others, then says, "So what can we do about this? It sounds like this Emenukaris character is unlikely to part with our things if we simply ask for them. That reminds me, though..."

He turns to Elandra. "Do you have any idea where the ship we were in was headed? To whom were we to be delivered? And who owned the ship?"

Scotley

Hero
Wyk

"You are quite welcome," Wyk replies to Vaerhia. "I don't know what this will do to my memory, but I find liquor usually makes other people more interesting. We can hope for the best." As he says this last he looks pointedly at Eclaiyan and winks at Vaerhia.

Hearing thequestions, he turns his attention to Krikit and awaits answers thinking to himself, The little Berk learns fast...

tylermalan

First Post
Eclaiyan

"Brrr... its a little chilly in here, no? So cold, so cold..."

Eclaiyan sips his tea while attempting to avoid Vaerhia's gaze and winks back at Wyk as though Wyk directed the wink at him. He chuckles to himself afterwards, then looks expectedly at Elandra, awaiting her response to Krikit's questions.

Hypersmurf

Moderatarrrrh...
Estariel holds his cup of tea, but he doesn't drink from it, nor does he partake much of the conversation.

He appears to be dwelling on something... has done, in fact, ever since Elandra warned against taking a direct approach with Emenukaris.

He does, however, look up with the others as the question of the ship's owners is posed.

Eluvan

First Post
"Ermm..." Elandra stalls, flushing a little and looking uncomfortable under so much scrutiny. "Nope!" She gives an embarrassed grin. "Sorry, I don't know a thing. It was only luck that I happened on you when I did. I guess I was hoping that you might be able to tell me something about why you just fell out of an astral carrack as it crashed into that castle. Failing that... I guess the dark of that is a little too deep for now."

JimAde

First Post
Krikit shakes his head. "No, see, that's the kind of thing I mean. What's an astral carrack? Who operates them? Who owns the castle? Like that." He takes another sip of his tea. "This is very good, by the way. Thanks."

Eluvan

First Post
Elandra smiles and nods graciously at Krikit's commendation of the tea, and then hesitates a moment before answering his questions. "Well... as I said, the castle is owned by Emenukaris, the town's self-imposed Lord. He's a bad blood, up to his neck in Fiendish politics. Ummm... fiends being nasty creatures best described as the physical manifestations of the idea of Evil. No offence," she adds quickly to Vaerhia, her embarrassed flush returning. "And as for an astral carrack... well, that ship you fell out of was an astral carrack. It's just a ship - errr... you do know what one of those is? - basically just a ship, except instead of sailing through water it sails through the Astral plane. Which is where things start to get complicated I guess... ummm... the Astral plane is basically a big nothingness that links everything else. That's not a definition to satisfy any greybeard worth his salt, but it should give you an idea anyway. Most cutters who go there are on their way somewhere else. Since it's got links to pretty much everywhere, it's an easy way of getting from plane to plane."

Scotley

Hero
Wyk

"As I suspected, we'll need to go back onto that astral carrack to get some answers."

OOC: What sort of liquor are we drinking?

tylermalan

First Post
Eclaiyan

"So you're saying that we had to have come through the Astral Plane then? To get here, I mean. And no idea who that ship belongs to? You don't recognize anything on it? On that note, I'm sure this Emenukaris has been alerted to the incident with the crash and our arrival and such... should that worry us?"

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases