D&D for 2: The Deep Calling OOC thread

Bront

The man with the probe
Great. I awate your characters. When they're done, stick them in the Rogue's Gallery Thread here.

Once I have both of them, I'll work to get you both where you'll start. Hopefully I can do that either with an in character post or two, or maybe a small sumary that doesn't railroad you too much.

Basicly, my only request is if you have something non-standard on your sheet (IE, something not from the PHB, DMG, or MM1), either note what book it's from (Small abriviations are fine, like Comp Div for complete divine), or write out what it does somewhere (Like was done earlier for the Mer-Kin)

Tia’ala: (IE For you only)
[sblock]Not realy something that needs to be hidden, but you may or may not choose to spell this out anywhere, or sblock it on your sheet. It is your chose

Tia’ala had never realy realized how dependant on the water and the sea she was until, durring one of her more rebellious younger years, she removed her bracelet while trying to dress more 'normal' to fit in with the other boys and girls of the town. After a few days, breathing had become hard, and she felt dry and stiff. Scared, she had donned her bracelet for the comfortaing thoughts of her mother, and much of the discomfort resolved. She has found that with the bracelet, she can go days without being submerged beyond the occasional bath or quick swim. While not indefinate, it turns hours into days, and she had been completely unaware that she was truely dependant on the water.

As she learned more of her inate magic, she noticed that the bracelet was magical too, and believes that there may be more to this little trinket than she had thought, but she is unsure. She wonders if her mother was aware of it's magic when she gave it to her father.

As for game effects, I'm not telling (neener neener neener) other than to note what you know above. Without it, you can only be out of the water for 4 hours per point of con before you being to have trouble breathing, and need to return to the water for an hour or so. With the bracelet, a 5 minute dip in anything as simple as bath water is good for a week or two, though you likely don't push it that much.[/sblock]

Scratched_back

First Post
Bront said:
Basicly, my only request is if you have something non-standard on your sheet (IE, something not from the PHB, DMG, or MM1), either note what book it's from (Small abriviations are fine, like Comp Div for complete divine), or write out what it does somewhere (Like was done earlier for the Mer-Kin)

Only things not core on my sheet are the two feats, which are explained on there, but here again for reference:

1) Artist - Player's guide to Faerun - +2 perform checks and any one craft check, 3 more bardic music uses per day.

2) Jack of All Trades - Complete Adventurer - Unless I already have ranks, every skill is treated as if I have 0.5 ranks in it, allowing me to at least attempt any skill.

Oh also, regarding a heritage item, I added a couple of lines in my background in the Rogue's gallery, basically saying that I stole a harp from the wall of my tutelage room before I left. I paid for a MW harp from starting gold too, but however you want to work it. Let me know ;)

Bront

The man with the probe
1) I'm going to say no, since there are feats that allow you to gain +2 to two skills, and feats that give you 4 more bardic music uses per day. I'll let you split them down the middle sorta, +2 to any 2 perform checks of your choise (Other than for a few bardic uses, it's more a flavor skill, so I don't see giving you 2 different types a problem) and +2 bardic music uses. Sound fair? I'm guessing that was a 3.0 feet before they split perform up into individual skills in 3.5.

2) Sure. Technicaly, you can always attempt any skill, but you can never succeed past a DC 10 check with any skill you don't have ranks that can't be used untrained. (Everyone has a little knowledge, but you need to spend time learning it to get beyond the obvious).

Harp: No need to pay for it, so that's fine. I'll write something up. I have ideas :)

I'll comb over the character later today hopefully. Got a few things to catch up on now that I'm back.

Scratched_back

First Post
1) Sure, that sounds more than fair :)

2) Yeah, I love this feat. When I wrote into his background that he'd been intensely tutored, I was never going to take loads of "Knowledge: something" skills, rather take this feat to explain I know a little of everything. Also, it goes well with Bardic Knowledge.

The Harp: Good stuff, I shall refund myself the 100gps and perhaps splash out on some goodies.

Incidentally, are their any items that you know of that increase skill points? I know increasing your INT will do this, but not massively. I've never felt so crippled by skills with any character I've made before! There's so many I wanted to max out, others just to have, but even with 16 INT I didn't have the points! I was close to taking "Open Minded" feat from Complete Adventurer just for another 5 points!

Bront

The man with the probe
Are you human? Able Learner makes cross class skills cost 1 per rank instead of 2 if you're human, changling, or doppleganger.

Natural Linguist gives you an additional language per level for free, which can save you skill points. (Races of Ebberon, Kirkesh has that feat, and it's been imensely usefull, though that's a bit of a different setting (He's in a homebrew Spelljammer setting))

Other than that, just race (Human, and at least one other, though it has an LA adjustment), int, and the +5 skill point feat.

Keep in mind, that you will gain levels, so spreading them out a bit won't kill you. Just because you don't have 4 ranks in all your skills doesn't mean you're not good at them, especialy with your stats.

Aquatica

First Post
done!

Hi Bront,

Just post Tia'ala in the Rogue's Gallery, she's finally done.

The two things on there you may not have are:

Water Adaptation which is a feat from Races of Faerun, it basically ups my water speed from 15 to 20, and allows me to actually breathe water like a full aquatic elf. I know the background says that's why she's separated from her mother, because she can't do that, but I was thinking maybe roleplay it in as part of the favoured soul blessing?

Sharkskin armour, from the same book. It's studded leather that's a lot more expensive but gives +6 circumstance bonus to escape artist check for cutting bonds etc due to the spikes. It's also counted as armour spikes too. Just thought it'd fit in with my character more than leather :)

Let me know. :D

Bront

The man with the probe
first of all -

Water Adaptation doesn't help, since your swim speed is already 30 due to your race, and you already breathe water (at least as you have the Mer-kin listed). So I don't think you need them.

As long as you can afford it, I don't see it being a problem, just note what it does somewhere on the sheet (An sblock on the bottom is good)

Bront

The man with the probe
FYI - Do put any racial abilities in your special abilities section, just so I am aware of those also (or you are aware of them and don't forget either).

Aquatica

First Post
Bront said:
first of all -

Water Adaptation doesn't help, since your swim speed is already 30 due to your race, and you already breathe water (at least as you have the Mer-kin listed). So I don't think you need them.

As long as you can afford it, I don't see it being a problem, just note what it does somewhere on the sheet (An sblock on the bottom is good)

Oops, I got a bit hasty there with water adaptation. I've changed that for Improved Initiative now. Totally different I know, but still good :)

Just about to sblock the armour too.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases