D&D for 2: The Deep Calling OOC thread

Scratched_back

First Post
Well then Bront, that looks like about everything is done now. Thanks for your patience by the way, I've been explaining the rules to Aquatica as we've been going along making her character.

As I said earlier on, the town of Redspar that features in both our backgrounds was just something off the top of my head. As generic as possible for your uses, just a port... somewhere or other ;)

Any names of the towns and places in Tia'ala's background can be changed if it's helpful, they were just plucked from Faerun, just let us know.

I'm really looking forward to this, my long days at work will finally be illuminated, heheh :cool:

Bront

The man with the probe
Cool. I'll see what I can put togeather at work tonight (I'm there right now), and post a few of my starting ideas, and once that and my cursery overlook of your character sheets is done, then we can get started.

My guess is that this will be a fairly slow paced game, only from your posting habits here, but that's fine. 2-3 posts per week per person is still a well paced game.

Glad you're enjoying the setup, and hope I can deliver some more fun durring the actual game :)

Scratched_back

First Post
Bront said:
My guess is that this will be a fairly slow paced game, only from your posting habits here, but that's fine. 2-3 posts per week per person is still a well paced game.

2-3 per week sounds good yeah. That way there'll be enough time between posts to cram them with detail and do everything properly, and enough posts to keep everything moving a bit. I don't know how people play once per week games, the wait must be agonising! :heh:

Bront

The man with the probe
I'm kind of sick in that I play in a few games were it's sometimes more than twice a day (I'm in a solo game where we went through 3 pages in one night, so almost 120 posts for 2 people). Now, there was details that I may have skiped otherwise, so it wasn't like it moved excessively quick. but it was fun.

Got slammed at work, so might not get much done tonight, but we'll see (I'm still at work btw). Worse case, we start on monday.

Scratched_back

First Post
Bront said:
I'm kind of sick in that I play in a few games were it's sometimes more than twice a day (I'm in a solo game where we went through 3 pages in one night, so almost 120 posts for 2 people). Now, there was details that I may have skiped otherwise, so it wasn't like it moved excessively quick. but it was fun.

Got slammed at work, so might not get much done tonight, but we'll see (I'm still at work btw). Worse case, we start on monday.

We can start whenever you're ready mate, don't break your neck for us to start a couple of days earlier if it's gonna be easier to start on Monday :)

120 posts eh... wow. That's impressive, must've been a good story!

Bront

The man with the probe
It's Vasha's Preface for Diplomatic Immunity, and it's still going on. Poor girl lost her father, and returned to look for him, anded up loosing his addoptive Uncle, and then Brother, and then was betrayed by her new beau's slave after fighting to give that slave some freedom (The GM actualy appologized for what he did to her, though he had to). It's still going if you care to read it. It's a but odd, and you have to understand Rystil Arden's home brew Neospelljamming gestalt world, but it's got action, adventure, mystery, and the occasional roll in the hay.

Scratched_back

First Post
Bront said:
It's Vasha's Preface for Diplomatic Immunity, and it's still going on. Poor girl lost her father, and returned to look for him, anded up loosing his addoptive Uncle, and then Brother, and then was betrayed by her new beau's slave after fighting to give that slave some freedom (The GM actualy appologized for what he did to her, though he had to). It's still going if you care to read it. It's a but odd, and you have to understand Rystil Arden's home brew Neospelljamming gestalt world, but it's got action, adventure, mystery, and the occasional roll in the hay.

Well yeah I'll have to give it a look. I've got to say, we haven't even started yet and I've already got a lust for it. I wouldn't be suprised if I joined another to feed my addiction, heheh. This is the most important by far though, this way I help my girlfriend get into the game :D

Bront

The man with the probe
Absolutely.

I might suggest Living Enworld as a potentialy good place to start, or look for other recruiting threads. The Freefolk are one of the things I wrote up there, and I've been having fun with them in my Festival of Helina thread. There are also a few interesting deities, since it's a more player created world.

Scratched_back

First Post
Yeah it'd be good to broaden my horizons too, in eight years I've never played anything but Forgotten Realms... well, except for a two-month forray into White Wolf's Scarred Lands setting, but that campaign fell through. It'd be nice to sample something different.

What is Living ENWorld exactly? :\

Bront

The man with the probe
It's a shared world, mostly made of SRD and some extra player designed stuff. In it, you can create adventurers who may pair up with a different group each adventure, and have different GMs run the different adventures. The world is open, and there is plenty to write or discover.

It can be fun, and you will meet several different people. I had as much fun in the Red Dragon Inn talking with other players in Character as I have in the actual adventures.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases