Miniatures Painting

Valavien

First Post
I got a lot of info from www.gamesworkshop.com. Then I bought one of their paint starter sets and had a go. Not too bad but much better than if I hadn't read it. I wanted to start on those figures before I bought any good ones for my characters which I still have not done! I also believe they have a book on painting which isn't a bad price.

Oh yeah, and they also have classes. At my local store every saturday or by request they will show you how to paint them and let you use their paints and brushes.

That's if you have a store near you...

Last edited:

RogueJK

It's not "Rouge"... That's makeup.
"Dr. Faust's Painting Clinic" is perfect for anybody who is new to miniature painting. You can find it at http://www.paintingclinic.com/

There are collections of tips grouped by category, as well as a forum where you can get answers to any of your questions. You can also find links to many other useful miniature sites.

Ayrk

First Post
You might also do a google search for the rec.games.miniatures.misc FAQ. There are tons of good hints on painting. I always keep a copy of it near my paints.

alsih2o

First Post
find a local craft or ceramic shop with a registered teacher (i like "Duncan", they put out good students..) and take 1-6 weeks of classes

painting is a 2-d rendering expressed 3 dimensionally, a real live teacher can't be ebat by any book or website.

Andrew D. Gable

First Post
Valavien said:
Oh yeah, and they also have classes. At my local store every saturday or by request they will show you how to paint them and let you use their paints and brushes.

That's if you have a store near you...

My FLGS (as opposed to the UFLGS... *sigh*) does the same. I'm meaning to go, but haven't yet gotten around to it. I should, as I've recently picked up Reaper's massive new hill giant mini and the old Cerberus mini, and I want them to look good ;).

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases