Shards of Memory--Act I: The Boundless Void

Rystil Arden

First Post
*The following occurs in order aboard the good ship Hesychia:*

*Talia arrives first to look over the ship.*

*Diedrik comes to help set up for the take-off, from where he left off in the Prologue.*

*Gaius comes aboard, heading back out from the place where he was staying in Eldiz.*

*Yuriko disembarks her other ship, which came in a bit late, swiftly to come aboard the Hesychia.*

*Zaeryn and Valyssa turn in their tickets and fill out some forms, going aboard.*

*As the Hesychia begins to take off into Wildspace, there is some shouting from below and then Kirkesh and Vanessa jump onto the ship.*

Bront

The man with the probe
Repost :)

Rystil Arden said:
[sblock]*As the guards chase Kirkesh across the pier, he leads Vanessa as swiftly as possible to the ship, whose gangplank has already been retracted, and the two of them leap together on board as it begins to take off, with the guards rushing after and glaring from below, unable to make the jump, as Lord Etoile comes out behind them and starts yelling something that Kirkesh can't hear.*[/sblock]

"Welcome aboard," a crewman says to Kirkesh as the ship begins to launch into Wildspace, "You'll want to report to Captain Talia right away I imagine."

"Yes, we would. Thank you." he says. He gives Vanessa a reassuring squeeze and a quick kiss. "Welcome to Wildspace my love."

unleashed

First Post
Zaeryn T'Erilan, Male Altanian Arcanist

*Zaeryn is a handsome short slender man, with straight shoulder-length cerulean hair ornamented by a silver circlet. His cobalt-blue eyes show remarkable intelligence and tend to stare straight through you at times, like you just aren’t there. He wears extravagant midnight-blue clothes, the shirt trimmed with arcane symbols in silver at the collar and cuffs, over which he wears an elegant maroon cloak, while calf-high black boots complete his ensemble. On his belt he carries a dagger.*

*Valyssa is an angelic and ravishing woman, her petite frame not quite reaching 5 feet, with long gorgeous silky azure locks she often has to brush out of her bewitching sky-blue eyes. She is always clothed in an elegant dress of some kind, the one she is currently wearing has the symbol of the Avani Academy emblazoned below her chest.*

In Altanian
[SBLOCK]“Well my love, looks like we’re off into the stars again..I wish we’d had a little more time to explore Eldiz, but I guess we’ll get back here at some point. Let’s go and introduce ourselves...”[/SBLOCK]*Zaeryn and Valyssa circulate arm in arm through the crew and expedition members with Zaeryn introducing them to everyone in Eldish, except Yuriko whom he addresses in Larakese...they avoid the towering Tralg for the time being...finally coming to the last two people to board.*

In Eldish or Larakese as is appropriate (this is pretty much what is said to everyone as they circulate)
[SBLOCK]“Greetings, it seems we’ll be travelling together on this voyage so I think some introductions are in order, this is my paramour Valyssa and I’m Zaeryn, pleased to meet you...and you are?”[/SBLOCK]OOC: Feel free to speak to them, they will stop and talk...this just saves me doing a different thing for everyone.

Last edited:

Bront

The man with the probe
Kirkesh, Male Rowani (Dolathi) Swashbuckler

Kirkesh straightens up a bit, wearing a relieved smile on his face. He responds to Zaeryn in Eldish[sblock]"Greetings Zaeryn, tis a pleasure to meet you. I am Kirkesh."[/sblock]
Kirkesh then turns to Valyssa and bows, taking the back of her hand and giving it a chaste kiss. He continues in Eldish[sblock]"And tis a great pleasure to be aquanted with a beauty such as yourself m'lady. Zaeryn here is a lucky man."[/sblock]
Kirkesh brightens even more as he holds Vanessa's hand and says in Eldish [sblock]"And this beauty, who I can only thank the gods to find in my company, is the sweet Lady Vanessa."[/sblock]
He continues in Eldish
[sblock]"I hope you can forgive our... dramatic entrance. I hope to speak with Captain Talia, and hope that our arival will not be much of an empass for her."[/sblock]

Kirkesh is a Rowani man with short black hair, and piercing blue eyes. He is of average size, with a well toned body and dressed fashionably, with a ruffled white shirt, black breeches, a medium length black cloak and stylish black hat with a white feather in the brim that he takes off in a sweeping motion when he bows.

OOC: Wow, lots of Sblocks. I hope RA is proud of me.

Last edited:

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Yotsu Yuriko, Female Larakese Martial Artist

*Yuriko departed the ship she came in on with the same pomp and circumstance as she entered her current ship with . . . none.*

*Yuriko asked for the ship's captain before stepping on board, and requested the privilege to board before coming aboard. Once given, Yuriko kept her head bowed as she boarded the ship, queitly asking about her quarters during their travels.*

*Yuriko was a small, unassuming woman who was wearing a dark grey kimono. Her once pretty face was ruined by a scar that ran from her right ear to edge of her mouth. Her black hair was worn up in a warrior’s braid, except for the sides which were banged in hopes of covering her scar. The bangs stayed out of her eyes with the help of a thin silver circlet, that rested high on her forehead. She wore a katana in a black obi and powerful looking yari over her shoulder.*

*In Eldish*[sblock]
Zaeryn said:
“Greetings, it seems we’ll be travelling together on this voyage so I think some introductions are in order, this is my paramour Valyssa and I’m Zaeryn, pleased to meet you...and you are?”
"Greetings, Zaeryn-sama," Yuriko said, bowing from her waist. "I am Yotsu Yuriko, a humble servant on this great and wondrous journey."[/sblock]

unleashed

First Post

*Zaeryn bows his head in acknowledgement of Yuriko’s greeting and raises his eyebrows at the change in language.*

Yuriko (In Eldish)
[SBLOCK]“I thank you for the honour you do me in your greeting Yuriko, but I am nothing more than a simple traveller like yourself.”[/SBLOCK]****

*Zaeryn bows over Vanessa’s hand after their introduction, taking it gently in his own he raises it to his lips and imparts a fleeting kiss.*

Vanessa/Kirkesh (In Eldish)
[SBLOCK]“My Lady Vanessa a great pleasure... to meet another woman of such beauty and poise in so short a time, I must be truly blessed.”

*To both he says.*

“Well your entrance was certainly lively, I guess someone just didn’t wish to be parted from your company so soon!”[/SBLOCK]*Zaeryn laughs as he places his arm around the small of Valyssa’s back.*

OOC: For anyone who’s already read it I’ve added descriptions to the first greeting post.

Last edited:

Rystil Arden

First Post
*Valyssa curtsies and replies to Kirkesh in Eldish.*
[SBLOCK]
"It is my pleasure, Kirkesh. Glad to meet you! Is your life always so exciting?"
[/SBLOCK]

*Vanessa smiles shyly and nods at Zaeryn and replies in Eldish:*
[SBLOCK]
"Thank you, Zaeryn. You are quite a handsome man yourself, you know. I hope we didn't cause you any trouble by jumping on board."
[/SBLOCK]

unleashed

First Post

*Zaeryn grins at the compliment before replying to Vanessa in Eldish:*

[SBLOCK]“Thank you Vanessa, it’s always nice to receive a compliment from a beautiful woman. Well that milady is something you’ll have to take up with the captain though I thank you for asking...we wouldn’t even be here except for a fortunate set of circumstances. You see we won tickets this very day for a romantic Spelljamming trip for two to the Empyreal Shards, though I’m not exactly sure what we’ve gotten outselves into as it seems more an expedition rather than a pleasure cruise.”[/SBLOCK]

Last edited:

DrZombie

First Post
Gaius looks around at all the new faces, and notices he's being avoided by some. He smiles as non-threateningly as he can, but stays at the back, used to being avoided at social occasions.
He is a huge, towering muscled brute, without the many deformities of his race, but still alien and ungainly.
He wears his finest gladiatorial outfit, with his helmet tucked under his arm. His glaive leans against the aft-deck, within easy reach.
He looks around and mutters to himself in pretorian:
"I sure hope dey know how ta speak pretorian, or dis is gonna be one lonely trip."

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases