Shards of Memory--Act I: The Boundless Void

unleashed

First Post
Zaeryn T'Erilan, Male Altanian Arcanist

*Catching a hint of Praetorian coming from the mammoth Tralg who more than doubles him in height, Zaeryn waves him over to their small group even though he can’t hear exactly what’s being said...knowing that he may be able to converse with him after all.*

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Yotsu Yuriko, Female Larakese Martial Artist

*In Eldish*
[SBLOCK]
unleashed said:
“I thank you for the honour you do me in your greeting Yuriko, but I am nothing more than a simple traveller like yourself.”
[/SBLOCK]
*Yuriko did not question the man with the blue hair, but looked him over with a critical eye, noting the dagger on his belt and the arcane symbols on his clothes. Raising an eyebrow of her own, Yuriko bowed to Zaeryn and to his geisha. Bowing again, she backed away from Zaeryn and maintained her silence until spoken to again.*

unleashed

First Post

*Never having experienced this kind of reaction before, Zaeryn’s face takes on a puzzled expression before he speaks again.*

Yuriko (In Eldish)
[SBLOCK]“Have I offended you in some way Yuriko? I am unsure of your customs so please enlighten me if this is so.”[/SBLOCK]

Keia

I aim to misbehave

[SBLOCK=In Eldish]
Zaeryn said:
“Have I offended you in some way Yuriko? I am unsure of your customs so please enlighten me if this is so.”
[/SBLOCK]
*A flush rose in Yuriko's cheeks as she bowed again, keeping her eyes downcast.*
[sblock=In Eldish] "No, Zaeryn-sama, you have not offended me," Yuriko replied quietly, clearly somewhat frightened by the man. "It is just unusual that a powerful shugenja such as yourself would refer to himself as a humble traveler. I meant no disrespect to assume otherwise and offer my greatest apology, Zaeryn-sama."[/sblock]

OOC: New trick!! :)

unleashed

First Post

Yuriko (In Eldish)
[SBLOCK]“Oh, I was worried I’d said something offensive by accident, my appologies if I’ve caused you further concern. Could you explain to me the word shugenja, as although I understand your language specific cultural terms still elude me.”[/SBLOCK]OOC: Yep, I spotted Rystil using it earlier...I’m just too lazy to go to the extra effort of an equals sign. ;)

Last edited:

Keia

I aim to misbehave

*Yuriko did not meet the man's gaze as he spoke to her.*
[SBLOCK=Eldish]
Zaeryn said:
“Oh, I was worried I’d said something offensive by accident, my appologies if I’ve caused you further concern. Could you explain to me the word shugenja, as although I understand your language specific cultural terms still elude me.”
"Shugenja is . . . ," Yuriko paused thinking of the correct Eldish word to use, "Magic wielder, I believe, Zaeryn-sama."[/SBLOCK]

unleashed

First Post

*Zaeryn reaches out...placing a finger beneath her chins he raises Yuriko’s eyes to his.*

Yuriko (In Eldish)
[SBLOCK]“A magic wielder, well I certainly am that,” Zaeryn chuckles a little at that, “Magic is very common on my world, so there is no special importance placed on the ability to wield such power...rather there is a stigma of sorts if you cannot do so. So there is no need to treat me in any special fashion because of that...I'm sure your ability to handle the blades you carry is an equally impressive talent to master, and would require an aptitude I do not possess.”[/SBLOCK]

Keia

I aim to misbehave

*Yuriko's green eyes sparkled when they met his blue, a hint of the beauty that was once there. While she didn't pull away from his hand, her eyes became half-lidded and her cheeks colored quickly from tan to pink to red.*

[SBLOCK=Eldish]
Zaeryn said:
“A magic wielder, well I certainly am that,” Zaeryn chuckles a little at that, “Magic is very common on my world, so there is no special importance placed on the ability to wield such power...rather there is a stigma of sorts if you cannot do so. So there is no need to treat me in any special fashion because of that...I'm sure your ability to handle the blades you carry is an equally impressive talent to master, and would require an aptitude I do not possess.”
"Hai, Zaeryn-sama," Yuriko replied quietly. "I will take your words to heart."[/SBLOCK]

Keia

I aim to misbehave

**Rystil Only**[sblock=Rystil Only]'Can you believe that man, Tao-sama?' Yuriko thought. 'Touching me, and in such a personal and carefree manner. And . . . with his woman right beside him? He must be powerful, indeed, to act in such a manner.'[/sblock]

Bront

The man with the probe
Kirkesh, Male Rowani (Dolathi) Swashbuckler

Kirkesh laughs at Zaeryn's suposition.
(in Eldish)[sblock]"While I'm sure Vanessa here would have you think so, I'm afraid not. I am a simple sailor who apparently stayed in port one day too many, though I certaintly do not regret it."[/sblock]
Kirkesh smiles and gazes lovingly at Vanessa.

Kirkesh greets Yuriko with a respectfull Larakese bow of one warrior to another.

In Larakese[sblock]"Greetings warrior. I am Kirkesh. And this is Lady Vanessa. You do not wear the Diasho so I assume you are not samuri?[/sblock]

Kirkesh offers an arm clasp to the large Gaius, as great warriors do when meeting each other outside of battle. Vanessa appears to be a bit more reserved of the Tralg.

In Tralg[sblock]"You, my large friend, look like you've spent much time near the pits in Gyaros. I hope you found yourself on the right side of many glorious battles there. I am Kirkesh, and this is the Lady Vanessa. I heard you say something in what sounded like Praetorian, do you speak High or Vulger?[/sblock]

Remove ads