Shards of Memory--Act I: The Boundless Void

unleashed

First Post
Zaeryn T'Erilan, Male Altanian Arcanist

*Hopeful that he has explained the situation properly, but still worried Yuriko sees him as some sort of special figure due to the continued use of the honourific, Zaeryn issues some parting words before he and Valyssa head off to meet some other people.*

Yuriko (In Eldish)
[SBLOCK]“Well it’s been nice talking with you Yuriko, I’m sure we’ll have the chance to speak again before the voyage is over, but for now we will take our leave,” turning to Valyssa he says, “Lets head over there my dear.”[/SBLOCK]

DrZombie

First Post
In Tralg[sblock]"You, my large friend, look like you've spent much time near the pits in Gyaros. I hope you found yourself on the right side of many glorious battles there. I am Kirkesh, and this is the Lady Vanessa. I heard you say something in what sounded like Praetorian, do you speak High or Vulger?[/sblock][/QUOTE]

* The Thralg smiles, then grasps the forearm in a firm, but not crushing, grasp*
[sblock=in thralg]
"Hail and well met, stranger. I am called Gaius by my former masters, and indeed I have roamed the arenafloor, and have slain many, beast and men, to the cheerings of the bloodlusty crowd, nobles and paupers.
How come you know the tongue of my people? I myself have not heard it in years, and often speak so to myself lest I forget the words." [/sblock]

[sblock=in High Praetorian]

"And I also speak the talk of da slavers, both da vulgar and da high speech. So you'se de people I godda protec' right? You seem ta know how to hold da blade."

he grins.

"Althoug I must tell you dat dis protectin thing is new to me. Maybe you should protect da pretty lady an' I'll jus' kill anything we don't like. How does dat sound to you?"

he says with a laugh.

[/sblock]

unleashed

First Post
Zaeryn T'Erilan, Male Altanian Arcanist

Gaius (In High Praetorian)
[SBLOCK]“My you’re a big one aren’t you,” Zaeryn says, smiling as he looks up at the Tralg, “Hmm, I guess we’d better introduce ourselves...I’m Zaeryn and this is my paramour Valyssa, pleased to meet you...and you are?”[/SBLOCK]

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Yotsu Yuriko, Female Larakese Martial Artist

[SBLOCK=In eldish]
Zaeryn said:
“Well it’s been nice talking with you Yuriko, I’m sure we’ll have the chance to speak again before the voyage is over, but for now we will take our leave,” turning to Valyssa he says, “Lets head over there my dear.”
"Hai, Zaeryn-sama," Yuriko replied.[/sblock]
*The Altanian spoke and Yuriko replied, bowing as the man and his woman departed. She subconsciously touched the side of her face, and willed the color from her cheeks to depart . . . though not with much success.*

*No sooner had the Altanian departed than another man took his place . . . *
[sblock=In Larakese]
Kirkesh said:
"Greetings warrior. I am Kirkesh. And this is Lady Vanessa. You do not wear the Diasho so I assume you are not samuri?
"Hai, Kirkesh-sama," Yuriko replied, returning his bow with her own lower bow. During the bow, she eyed her katana in her obi to make certain it was still there. "I have been trained in the ways of the monk, Kirkesh-sama, though I am still samurai."[/sblock]

Festy_Dog

First Post
ooc: My posting rate is pretty meager compared to the rate at which this game moves, so I'm going to try for multiple conversations at once and pretend they're actually in sequence. >_<

(ooc: Rewinding into the afternoon a little. Having (assumably) met Talia on board the ship when he arrived, I guess a brief bit of conversation wouldn't hurt.)
Talia (in Eldish):
[sblock]"Erm, excuse me, ma'am. I'm Diedrik Carnard, I was told to report for duty some time this afternoon. Are you the person I should be speaking to?" asks a slightly uncertain Rowaini man, with the air of a traveller about him.[/sblock]

*Diedrik's afternoon is filled with preparations of the Hesychia in order for it to leave. He nods politely to those who come aboard, surprised as he is at the mixed group that assembles there.*

*He's a handsome fellow of clear Rowaini origins, seemingly in his mid-twenties, dressed in a variety of utilitarian leather garb and light armour. Raven black hair, deep brown eyes, and a small moustache and goatee are the sum of his features, with a pair of round spectacles and a single braid down the left side of his face completing the picture.*

*The time comes when people start making their introductions, and thusly Diedrik figures he had better make the rounds and actually introduce himself to the others who came aboard recently.*

Zaeryn & Valyssa (in Eldish, easily observable):
[sblock]
unleashed said:
“Greetings, it seems we’ll be travelling together on this voyage so I think some introductions are in order, this is my paramour Valyssa and I’m Zaeryn, pleased to meet you...and you are?”

*Diedrik's seemingly mundane traveller's appearance gives way to reveal quite a debonaire young man. He bows deeply and elegantly, paying much respect to the couple.*

"Call me Diedrik," he says to them, "I find myself fortunate to be in the company of practitioners of the higher arts. I'm no expert in the field, but I think I'd know enough to maintain some decent conversation should we ever have opportunity."[/sblock]

*Diedrik took a moment to introduce himself to the Tralg who seemed to be making a respectable effort to not trouble anyone. He soon realised however that the surprisingly easy-on-the-eyes Tralg wasn't following what he was saying in Eldish. He nodded understandingly, and went through a couple of arcane gestures.* (ooc: Tongues for those in the know)

Gaius (in Tralg, easily observable):
[sblock]"I'm Diedrik," he introduces himself and offers a hand to shake (feeling as though he was taking a gamble with his sword arm at this point), "I must say, it's reassuring to be headed into the unknown and have someone solid and skilled with weapons on board."[/sblock]

*Diedrik's meanderings brought him to the second couple, whose entrance was notably more spectacular than that of the others. An assumably disgruntled individual or individuals had been left behind by the sounds of the shouting. The gentleman had the look of a traveller to him, not unlike Diedrik himself (except notably more fashionable), but with his entrance in mind it was suspected he had a streak of trouble-maker to him.*

Kirkesh & Vanessa (in Eldish, easily observable):
[sblock]"My greetings," the Rowaini fellow says, and bows, "I am Diedrik. A pleasure to meet you both."[/sblock]

Two couples... guess some people can't avoid mixing business and pleasure. Then again, I'm here for business, they might have thought this was a pleasure cruise. I hope I don't lose any sleep...

*Once the other conversations are out of the way he gets to speak to the person who caught his interest the most. The woman whose arrival was so subtle that he wouldn't have noticed her come on board were she not Larakese. He had the impression that of all the people on board, that quiet woman would prove the easiest to get along with. He approached her, bowed, and began a conversation in flawless Larakese. He had a surprisingly good grasp of Larakese etiquette compared to the average dim-witted Rowaini male.*

Yuriko (in Larakese, easily observable):
[sblock]"Young lady, I am Diedrik Carnard, might I trouble you for your name and perhaps a little of your time?" he asked respectfully.[/sblock]

*Diedrik, for some reason, felt a bit out of his league. There was quite a collection of skill assembled on this ship.*

Last edited:

Rystil Arden

First Post
[SBLOCK=Yuriko]
*Tao's reply is quiet and seems distant, as always since leaving the Crystal Sphere that bound in Lara Kai...though at least she can reply at all, due to her connection to Yuriko.*

'Indeed...either that or he is simply a lecher, although one might expect his woman to show displeasure, so maybe she is just very disreputable.'
[/SBLOCK]

Keia

I aim to misbehave

*As the Rowaini man approached, Yuriko noted his approach and bowed once he arrived before her*

[sblock=Larakese]
Diedrik said:
"Young lady, I am Diedrik Carnard, might I trouble you for your name and perhaps a little of your time?" he asked respectfully.

"Hai, Diedrik-sama," Yuriko replied in Larakese after she completed her bow, slightly lower than his, "I am Yotsu Yuriko, a humble monk on a wondrous journey with remarkable company. I am honored by my presense here and will do whatever is required, Diedrick-sama. My time is yours but to ask." [/sblock]
*Yuriko's green eyes darted to the general direction of the large Tralg, though not obviously at him. It was as though she was marking his location more than anything else. She brushed a wayward lock of hair back over her face, concealing and shadowing the scar on the right side of her face.*

Keia

I aim to misbehave

**Rystil Only** [SBLOCK=Rystil Only]
Tao said:
'Indeed...either that or he is simply a lecher, although one might expect his woman to show displeasure, so maybe she is just very disreputable.'
'Undoubtedly. . . . If it wasn't my first day on board this ship, I would have challenged him to a duel for even thinking he could handle me in such a manner,' Yuriko thought in all seriousness. 'Even Artifice hadn't tried anything so . . . so . . . forward. And that was even after weeks on the ship together. If I would have known that we could bring . . . companions . . . aboard . . . .' Yuriko trailed off, not wanting her thoughts to be betrayed onto her face. 'Companions' was most definitely a euphemism.[/SBLOCK]

Rystil Arden

First Post
[SBLOCK=Yuriko]
Yuriko said:
'Undoubtedly. . . . If it wasn't my first day on board this ship, I would have challenged him to a duel for even thinking he could handle me in such a manner,'
'It was wise to err on the side of caution, I think, especially with a man of magic, no matter how humble he pretends to be...I am also interested in the Rowaini; he is hiding something too...perhaps everyone here is.'
Yuriko said:
If I would have known that we could bring . . . companions . . . aboard . . . .
'Would you have brought someone along with you, child?'
[/SBLOCK]

Keia

I aim to misbehave

**Rystil Only** [SBLOCK=Rystil Only]
Tao said:
'It was wise to err on the side of caution, I think, especially with a man of magic, no matter how humble he pretends to be...I am also interested in the Rowaini; he is hiding something too...perhaps everyone here is.'
'Which Rowaini, Tao-sama? The one with the companion or the one without?' Yuriko inquired.
Tao said:
'Would you have brought someone along with you, child?'
Yuriko was taken aback by Tao's question, 'I hadn't considered it, Tao-sama. Most likely no . . . a distraction bringing someone along would be. Perhaps I take this more seriously than anyone else, Tao-sama.' Yuriko quickly amended, 'You are not a distraction, Tao-sama, you are welcome and I bless every day that you are there to guide me and provide wisdom. And even those when you are not, simply thanking you for the days that you were there.' [/SBLOCK]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases