Shards of Memory--Act I: The Boundless Void

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Yotsu Yuriko, Female Larakese Martial Artist

*Rystil Only*[sblock=Rystil Only] 'This one is interesting as well, speaking to me quite personally, don't you think, Tao-sama?' Yuriko thought. She tried to reason why the others were treating her this way. 'Is my kimono still down to the floor? Yuriko smoothed her kimono self-consciously, 'It's not open in the back revealing all, is it? . . .Was I protected on the other ship from those who sought to treat me as such? Or, are the men used to treating women without respect . . . no -san, no -sama, . . . just 'Yuriko' as though we had been old friends for years. Or . . . worse . . . Tao-sama, were they lead to believe I was here is some other capacity than monk and protector . . . am I here for . . . relations?'[/sblock]
*Yuriko's eyes darted from left to right and back again as she smoothed her kimono, front and back.*

Rystil Arden

First Post
[SBLOCK=Yuriko]
'I cannot answer your questions with certainty--well, except the one about your kimono, whose answer is that it is just fine, child--as I cannot see into their actions or intentions, but let us hope that they are merely impolite barbarians. I would hope that the difference is that those on the other ship, even young and eager Artifice, have dealt with our people enough to know our ways...I'm sure they didn't bring you here for 'relations' though, child...It is as obvious as a glance between those two women and yourself why I might think that, to be blunt, but at least it will rest your fears, I hope.'
[/SBLOCK]

Keia

I aim to misbehave

**Rystil Only** [SBLOCK=Rystil Only]
Tao said:
'I cannot answer your questions with certainty--well, except the one about your kimono, whose answer is that it is just fine, . . . but at least it will rest your fears, I hope.'
'Hai, Domo-arigato, Tao-sama,' Yuriko replied, clearly relieved. 'I thank you again for wisdom and assistance in dealing with these . . . new and different people.'[/SBLOCK]

unleashed

First Post
Zaeryn T'Erilan, Male Altanian Arcanist

[SBLOCK=Diedrik (In Eldish)]“That Diedrik would be most enlightening I think, should the opportunity arise,” Zaeryn replies, bowing his head in return.[/SBLOCK]

Rystil Arden

First Post
[SBLOCK=Yuriko]
'It is my pleasure to aid you, my child. Now I will leave you with a puzzle to ponder: What do you share with Diedrik that Kirkesh does not, leaving him similar to the magic users in that regard? Look carefully between the thumb and forefinger.'
[/SBLOCK]

Keia

I aim to misbehave

**Rystil Only** [SBLOCK=Rystil Only]
Tao said:
'It is my pleasure to aid you, my child. Now I will leave you with a puzzle to ponder: What do you share with Diedrik that Kirkesh does not, leaving him similar to the magic users in that regard? Look carefully between the thumb and forefinger.'
Yuriko glanced down at her hands, palms open, then closed her eyes a few moments. 'My first thought is calluses, Tao-sama,' Yuriko replied respectfully. [/SBLOCK]

unleashed

First Post
Zaeryn T'Erilan, Male Altanian Arcanist

[SBLOCK=Rystil]*As Zaeryn and Valyssa stand alone in the bow, having introduced themselves to everyone present, they talk quietly in Altanian their heads close together.*

“Well it seems we’ve fallen in with a decent bunch at least, even the gigantic Tralg seems to be sociable, although I don’t understand Yuriko in the least. She appears to be a warrior, but will not meet my eyes, unlike most warriors who are only too ready to brag and bluster in the face of magic, and when I simply lift her head to look me in the eyes an as equal she blushes furiously and still attempts to avert her gaze. Hmm, I also don’t like the way she looks at you my love...like you are not worth her time or respect.”[/SBLOCK]

Rystil Arden

First Post
Yuriko:
[SBLOCK]
'Ah, calluses are a good thought, but I was talking about the tiny scar between those fingers that you will see on all trained wielders of the sword, at least the ones that don't wear heavy gauntlets, that comes from sheathing the blade repeatedly.'
[/SBLOCK]

Rystil Arden

First Post
[SBLOCK=Zaeryn]
"Well, I guess that just shows us that the Larakese are weirdos and that what we read about them in books isn't nearly enough to understand them in person. As for the way she looks at me, I think she views you as the respected shugenja and myself as some sort of pleasure toy that you brought along for your entertainment."
[/SBLOCK]

Keia

I aim to misbehave

**Rystil Only**[SBLOCK=Rystil only]]
Tao said:
'Ah, calluses are a good thought, but I was talking about the tiny scar between those fingers that you will see on all trained wielders of the sword, at least the ones that don't wear heavy gauntlets, that comes from sheathing the blade repeatedly.'
'Ah, yes, I understand, Tao-sama,' Yuriko thought as she subtly felt the scar she had on both her hands with her index finger. It was much more prominent on her left hand, the hand she was trained in sword play. Her trainer's thought that a left handed attacker would be distracting to most common sword wielders. 'A fellow swordsman, perhaps a place for common ground . . . .

OOC: Not really necessary, but just something I had toyed with (the sword hand). [/sBLOCK]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases