Shards of Memory--Act I: The Boundless Void

unleashed

First Post
Zaeryn T'Erilan, Male Altanian Arcanist

Rystil
[SBLOCK]*While they wait for the captain near her cabin, they speak again quietly heads close together they look over the people with them on the voyage.*

“Well, what do you think of the others Valyssa, now that we’ve met everyone?”[/SBLOCK]

Festy_Dog

First Post
Zaeryn & Valyssa (in Eldish, easily observable):
[sblock]
unleashed said:
“Well that’s really a matter of luck, we arrived in Eldiz only this morning on a friends vessel and won tickets for this trip at a giveaway on the market no long thereafter. We were expecting to spend quite some time exploring the city, but it was just too good an opportunity to give up so here we are. You’re right though the chance to explore the unknown does hold a certain appeal...doesn’t it my dear one?” Zaeryn says looking at Valyssa, “So what is a Rowani gentleman such as yourself hoping to see and do on this voyage Diedrik?”

"Me? I'm just here to earn my bread and butter. Spelljamming is what I do for a living, among other things. I applied for a position on the ship, expecting something like this will be paying well, but it seems my pay will be limited to the loot we pick up. Here's hoping the unknown contains plenty of value, as well as interest," he says, a little disappointed at how random the results of the journey could be.[/sblock]

Yuriko (in Larakese, easily observable):
[sblock]
Keia said:
In regard to her reference to him, "It was as you requested Diedrik-san," again with some difficulty, "I shall do so until it is proven otherwise . . . that should not take long as you are on familiar ground and I . . . have not been off the ground until recently," Yuriko explained. The inference in her voice indicated that she expected to be noting Diedrik as a superior soon, not the other way around. "As for myself, I was training at the monastery until recently. I was instructed to come here, that a monk of the Order was requested . . . and here I am. Why a monk was requested . . . I am not entirely certain."

*Yuriko held her arms at her sides casually, though with her open palms in view of Diedrik. She glanced over at the large Tralg only once during their conversation, but her body shifted away from him after she did so . . . though it was only a few inches, and Yuriko did not seem to notice that she did so.*

*Diedrik couldn't help a chuckle.*

"Don't be so quick to put yourself down, my friend. I've always known monks to be quite able on their feet, and I have the feeling you could easily put me to shame on any rocking deck," he replied jovially, "But since you mention it, feel free to refer to me in whatever way you want. I don't wish to make you uncomfortable, after all. This journey is going to take some time, so I'm sure once we get to know one another a little better you'll find it easy enough.

"Hmm, but they didn't give you a reason as to why they wanted you along? Not very helpful of them. I imagine members of your Order have some kind of special knowledge or talents that would be useful on the trip, but I guess it's up to you to figure out which ones they are," Diedrik replied, looking thoughtful.

Poor girl, sent away from home to some faraway place without any word of what she was meant to do.

Diedrik noticed Yuriko react to the Tralg again.

"The Tralg, you haven't seen any of them before?" he asks.[/sblock]

unleashed

First Post

Diedrik (In Eldish easily observable)
[SBLOCK]“Well that helps make a little sense as to why we were signed up as full members of the expedition then. When we got the tickets I thought it would be more of a pleasure cruise to see this new discovery, but it seems that we’re actually going to be exploring it firsthand so I hope there’s a little something in it for us as well. As although viewing and examining the arcane phenomenon the Empyreal Shards are purported to be will definitely be interesting, you can’t do magical research with fresh air either,” Zaeryn chuckles, grinning as he gets into speculating on what they might find, “So don’t worry too much, something new could also mean something very old that’s been lost for a long while. Who knows we may find items of immense power, tomes of ancient knowledge, and a horde of treasure so large as to satiate even the largest dragon. Then think how upset you’d have been settling for a few coins my friend.”[/SBLOCK]

DrZombie

First Post
unleashed said:
Gaius (In High Praetorian easily observable)
[SBLOCK]“Magic is our gift my large friend,” Zaeryn says including Valyssa in his statement, “As for where we’re going, to a newly discovered arcane phenomenon called the Empyreal Shards, though I’m not sure exactly what we’re going to do there or what we’ll need to be protected from. Hmm, a common tongue would certainly be useful, and I’d be more than happy to teach you Eldish if you’d like to learn Gaius as everyone else seems to speak that.”[/SBLOCK]

[sblock=High Praetorian]
"Ide be happy to learn, but I can only teach you to fight in return, wid da hands and feet or wid da weaopons or bow, 'cuz dads all i know." The big Thralg says, shrugging.
"Wads dis Empyreal shards? Is dey big or small? And how do we know dey is dere?"
[/sblock]

unleashed

First Post

Gaius (In High Praetorian easily observable)
[SBLOCK]“No need for anything in return Gaius, I’m happy just to help you communicate with everyone more easily, and of course it will also aid you to protect us all better if you can understand everyone,” Zaeryn replies smiling. “As for your questions, I’m not sure apart from the fact they’re supposed to be some sort of arcane phenomenon, I know nothing of their dimensions, and I really don’t know they’re there, but that’s where I’ve been told the ship is going. Sadly I’m nearly as much in the dark as you by the sound of it, as we only found out about this voyage earlier today and didn’t receive much more information than that.”[/SBLOCK]

Rystil Arden

First Post
Kirkesh:
[SBLOCK]
"I guess so...I hope they have room for us, what with our sudden arrival and all. It seems like there's a lot of people on board, Kirkesh, and that doesn't even include the ordinary crew we saw in addition to the expedition members."
[/SBLOCK]

Rystil Arden

First Post
Zaeryn:
[SBLOCK]
"Well...Kirkesh and Vanessa seemed nice--it's nice to see another couple. They may be trouble, though, what with that sudden entrance, and I think Kirkesh may be a Dolathi. Diedrik seemed to be the most in the know around here, although he seems a bit detached too. Yuriko is an odd one, and I don't think she likes me very much. Gaius...well, he's not exactly what I expected from a Tralg, that's for sure."
[/SBLOCK]

unleashed

First Post

Rystil
[SBLOCK]“I’d almost guarantee they’re trouble, as Kirkesh’s response as to why they were being chased just didn’t ring true to me...hmm, Kirkesh a Dolathi, what gives you that idea? Gaius, well no he doesn’t seem the typical Tralg...from their reputation quite frankly I thought he just knock me down and grab you,” Zaeryn says with a wry smile, “Not that I could blame him if he did so as you are the most beautiful woman here my love.”[/SBLOCK]

Rystil Arden

First Post
Zaeryn:
[SBLOCK]
"Well, I guess it's a few things--I mean he speaks so many languages, but most Rowaini men aren't exactly geniuses...And then he wears that sword like a pro, but his body is still pretty--no scars like that Yuriko."

"Most beautiful? Awww, that's so sweet of you Zaeryn," Valyssa gives Zaeryn a big kiss, "Myself, I think that Vanessa is quite a hottie."
[/SBLOCK]

Bront

The man with the probe
RA:
[SBLOCK]
Rystil Arden said:
"I guess so...I hope they have room for us, what with our sudden arrival and all. It seems like there's a lot of people on board, Kirkesh, and that doesn't even include the ordinary crew we saw in addition to the expedition members."
"I'm sure we'll be fine. The prior captain knew me well, and I'm sure the current one will be glad to have an experienced sailor on board who knows the ship. We can earn our keep, and you'll get a chance to learn the life of a sailor. Maybe the new captain will even teach you how to man the helm."

Kirkesh wraps his arms around Vanessa "You seem worried and distant my love. Is there anything I can do?"
[/SBLOCK]

Remove ads