PS2 vs. XBox

Aus_Snow

First Post
:) No, not really.

I'm just wondering if anyone knows off-hand what *good* games exist for the XBox that don't exist for the PS2. Particularly RPGs or games in an archetypal RPG-type setting.

Hopefully this should be a little less taxing than 'DVD Authoring'. ;)

edit --- Actually, I just realised something. I should've been more particular, like: *good* XBox games that aren't on PS2 or PC. 'Cause I use both of those game systems (it's what I happen to own, not necessarily a preference thing.)

Last edited:

CarlZog

Explorer
I don't keep track of what is or isn't on PS2, 'cause I've only got an Xbox, but a few of the rpgs I liked on Xbox:

Morrowind
Arx Fatalis
Knights of the Old Republic

Bard's Tale sounds fun, but I haven't picked it up yet.

Carl

spider_minion

First Post
Phantom Dust is a seriously cool game. Its basically a post-apocalypse card-dueling game with a neat anime art style. Note that there are no actual 'cards' in the game; rather, that's how the mechanics operate under the hood. I've only played it for a few hours, but was really floored by its uniqueness and originality.

Here's what Gamespot has to say:
http://www.gamespot.com/xbox/action/phantomdust/review.html

I also had lots of fun with Panzer Dragoon Orta. Its an intense rail-shooter with tight gameplay and great production values. There's a ton of unlockable content for it too. I really haven't played anything like it before.

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox/action/panzerdragoonorta/review.html

Last edited:

Arnwyn

First Post
Aus_Snow said:
XBox games that aren't on PS2 or PC.

Particularly RPGs or games in an archetypal RPG-type setting.
Teh funny!

(All I can think of that meets your criteria is Jade Empire.)

trancejeremy

Adventurer
Dai Senryaku is IMHO, the best game on the Xbox not on any other platform (at least in the US). Basically, it's like Advance Wars on steroids, minus the kiddie stuff.

Aus_Snow

First Post
Arnwyn said:
Teh funny!

(All I can think of that meets your criteria is Jade Empire.)
Ah, thanks for the heads-up there - but what is this 'teh funny!' you speak of?

I realise there won't be many games that meet the criteria. In fact, I'm surprised there are any!

My apologies if it seems to be a bizarre or pointless question, but the fact is, I can pick up an XBox 2nd-hand very cheaply, and I'm still stuck wondering if there's any point at all to doing so.

Arnwyn

First Post
Aus_Snow said:
Ah, thanks for the heads-up there - but what is this 'teh funny!' you speak of?
It would be:
I realise there won't be many games that meet the criteria. In fact, I'm surprised there are any!
That! :)

The Xbox is definitely not the RPG machine - especially if you already own a PS2 and PC.

My apologies if it seems to be a bizarre or pointless question, but the fact is, I can pick up an XBox 2nd-hand very cheaply, and I'm still stuck wondering if there's any point at all to doing so.
It is indeed a bizarre question (Xbox? RPGs? ;)) - but it is still a good question to ask, and certainly not pointless!

Aus_Snow

First Post
Arnwyn said:
The Xbox is definitely not the RPG machine - especially if you already own a PS2 and PC.
Which is why I asked for titles of RPGs "or games in an archetypal RPG-type setting." That was pretty vague too, perhaps. Hm, I guess games with copious amounts of scifi/fantasy/cpunk elements. They're my favourite genres in terms of RPGs, I suppose.

But I do see what you mean, yeah.

Arnwyn

First Post
Come to think of it, Sudeki is another one that might fit your criteria. It's an Action-RPG in a pretty standard/archetypal RPG setting.

Dark Jezter

First Post
Aus_Snow said:
I'm just wondering if anyone knows off-hand what *good* games exist for the XBox that don't exist for the PS2. Particularly RPGs or games in an archetypal RPG-type setting.

Knights of the Old Republic
Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords (not as incredible as the original, but still a good game)
Fable
Jade Empire

Edit: Oops, just notice that you said PS2 or PC. So you can scratch KOTOR and KOTOR2 from the list.

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases