Diplomatic Immunity OOC: The Next Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rystil Arden

First Post
BS:
[SBLOCK]
Well, it would be a good influence, since it will be more or less very similar to the gist of what happened unless I said otherwise. Maybe it is better to think of it as one of those Star Wars books that are supposed to be more or less accurate but Lucas reserves the right to ignore in the end if he likes (Those exist, right? Was that a good analogy?)
[/SBLOCK]

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
RA: [sblock]No, RA, that’s a perfect analogy. Your Lucas and I’m not, nor am I a mind reader so I cannot look at that thread and decide what you would keep and what you would dismiss. All I can really do with any accuracy is to assume it all happened, and just like it was written, or ignore it. (Cause the less that was “spoken” the better)

If you don’t want to bless all that remains of it, and it’s your choice, then I want to go with something simpler. She was standoffish, wouldn’t really talk to him, and surely didn’t open up to him...

Make sense? [/sblock]

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
RA: [sblock]Right, and assumption is the mother of all :):):):)ups. I’ve got no desire to play in a game with that stipulation, RA.

If I’m coming off as snippy I do apologize. I’m just trying to be honest.

You said you didn’t care how my character responded to Catullus’ trying to befriend her. I want her to be standoffish, to ignore him, and not to have opened up to him… Now do I get that option or not? [/sblock]

Rystil Arden

First Post
BS:
[SBLOCK]
BS, assumption is the point of this exercise. Now, I thought we agreed that we would use that thread as an outline, and I think she did try to be standoffish there but she finally opened up to him because he's a really nice guy.

So anyway, we're going to go with the assumption that the other thread is correct, okay?
[/SBLOCK]

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
RA: [sblock]
RA said:
So anyway, we're going to go with the assumption that the other thread is correct, okay?

Are you telling me you’re assigning my character’s actions and feelings?? :uhoh: :confused: (Because that’s what I’m assuming at this point, along with the fact that you really do care about how my character responds and not the “I don’t care” you gave me earlier, and I really, really, hope that’s not the case.)

The way I see it we have a few options here RA:

1) You unofficial sign off on the meeting going as the prologue went. I’m not going to do this assumption game where it can be changed at a later date with out me having some sort of say so in it. [Now, if it needs to be changed we should both be able to sign off on the change with little issue as it seems fair to me.]

2) You let me give you how the meeting went as you offered me last night.

3) We think of something else…

RA said:
Now, I thought we agreed that we would use that thread as an outline, and I think she did try to be standoffish there but she finally opened up to him because he's a really nice guy.

Actually, I think you offered that last night cause you thought I wanted to use the thread we had been using. As it stood I was interested but as it looks right now (minus option number 1) I'm not interested in using that thread as an outline.

Anyhow, the game is about to come on. :D I'll be back in four hours or so.[/sblock]

Rystil Arden

First Post
BS:
[SBLOCK]
(Because that’s what I’m assuming at this point, along with the fact that you really do care about how my character responds and not the “I don’t care” you gave me earlier, and I really, really, hope that’s not the case.)

You're right--I do care again. I managed to bring myself to care again. But if you don't stop complaining and making my life difficult, that could fall apart at any time, so please let's just play.

I’m not going to do this assumption game where it can be changed at a later date with out me having some sort of say so in it. [Now, if it needs to be changed we should both be able to sign off on the change with little issue as it seems fair to me.]

I think we've finally found your fundamental problem as a player and the one that is causing all the problems. I'm the GM. If I wanted to throw the Tarrasque into an encounter or just say that a character gets poisoned by a DC 56 Fortitude save or die poison, I can. I don't do that, though, because I am not out to get you. You will have to trust me to use my GM powers fairly to make something that is fun for everyone, and in turn I will try to do so. If you have an opinion on something, you can tell me, and I will listen to what you say, but ultimately I can say 'No' and I can do whatever I want. That's how the game works, and I think you are the only person who doesn't agree. Ask any of the other players in any of the games, and I am confident that they would agree with me. Additionally, I think that once we solve this problem, we will be able to play in all the games from here on out without any more of these problems because it seems like it is some variation of this that causes every problem so far.

So to get back to the point, I'm not going to sign off on anything. However, when you assume for me, you will trust me not to wantonly go around changing things and in turn I will exercise my power as GM fairly. It is the covenant between every player and every GM. Furthermore, when I do make a decision that goes against what you would like, it is not because I am out to get you--I always have a good reason for any decision I make, and you will have to trust me to have those good reasons. If you can't trust me to be your GM, then there's not much I can do.
[/SBLOCK]

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
RA: [sblock]That’s right, you’re the GM and I agree with everything you say in this last post but please note that at no point in this last post where you assigning my PC actions/feelings/etc. and in the previous post you were. I see editing my character's background no diffrently than the above examples. (If you edit an encounter after the fact than you edit my character.)

So is option 1 or 2 going to work for you mister GM? [/SBLOCK]

Rystil Arden

First Post
BS:
[SBLOCK]
If I edit the encounter after the fact, I'm not going to throw in something silly like "Kalli decides to renounce her Amazon ways and become a baker" that changes your character at random. It would be mostly for something like if I wanted to give your character extra information that wasn't in that thread to help out the party or something, though frankly, I could do the other thing too as the GM if I wanted, but I won't because I consider it to be an abuse of the powers of the GM. Where you say
[Now, if it needs to be changed we should both be able to sign off on the change with little issue as it seems fair to me.]
that is where you aren't acknowledging the way it works--I don't need you to sign off on any changes. I'm a nice guy, so I might ask for your opinion first, but I don't have to because by entering your character into the game, she has become a part of my world. In Destiny's Tears and Shards of Memory, I've made some changes and decisions to many of the characters' backgrounds, and I can do it here too. As an example: Your background states that Kalli killed all of her sisters. I could easily say that she thought she killed them all, but one of them survived the fight and is still out there, all alone now. Will I do that? Probably not. But I could.
[/SBLOCK]

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
RA: [sblock] And, frankly, RA that wouldn’t bother me… It doesn’t effect how my character should have been RP up to that point. It doesn’t mean I was RP her wrong the whole time, which,. quite frankly, some changes could mean that… (That's what I'm trying to avoid.)

Anyhow, let’s just play, this grows so tedious I don’t have the words for it other than “not fun” and if one of the things I’m suppose to assume is effected somewhere down the road we can talk about it then… (And I'm not sure your really understanding my worry here as I think your just auguring defensively again.)

Besides that I have your email address I’ll just send an email if I’m not sure if Kalli is responding correctly and you have my address so you do the same…
[/SBLOCK]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases