[OOC] The Eye of The Night

Mathew Lankard

First Post
The once-vibrant farming commune of Fairweather is in shambles. Entire fields of crops lie spoiling and ruined. Razed barns and burned-out silos dot the land. The signs of struggle are everywhere - and it is clear the commune had little chance to defend itself.

Sorry, recruiting is closed.

Our Cast

Mains
thavil - Elven Wizard
AmorFati - Half-Orc Favored Soul
Torillan - Undecided
Erudite - ? Rogue
Ferrix - ? Rogue
Frukathka - Dwarf Paladin

Alts
DralonXitz
Pate Pot Pete

I am recruiting for a PBP game here at EnWorld using The Eye of The Night, a adventure from the Dungeon Crawl Classics - Interludes book. This will be my first time doing a PBP so I figured to start out small, and if all goes well, continue on to other adventures! I'm going for an "old-school" feel (sorry if that sounds silly), so expect some cliches. I think 4 to 6 players of 1st level should be about right. The game will be 32 point buy, and you can use anything from the Core books, and the Complete series. Other things may be allowed in on a one for one basis.

For now, please just post a rough character idea (class, concept, Etc.). I'll take ideas first come first serve, and I could see taking alts if enough people want in. We'll go over more character creation rules after our mains and alts have been selected. Then I hope to develop backgrounds together that involve the whys and hows of how the party came together to adventure. I plan to post several times a week, and hopefully you can do the same. Please be prepared for some mistakes, this is my first 3.5 game and first PBP.

Let's cross our fingers! :D

Last edited:

thavil

First Post
I'm up for some old school

I've always been amused by elves' ability to be both slinky & sexy, and also kind of cool and asexual, so wanted to play with this - creating an elf wizard who dresses like a swashbuckler and is of indeterminate gender. Stealing from the fabulous Order of the Stick (http://www.giantitp.com/cgi-bin/GiantITP/ootscript).

So, elven wizard, but with an underdeveloped sense of his/her own mortality. Draft sheet here:

http://dndonlinegames.com/testvb/view.php?id=23439

Backstory to follow. A sense of the world we're stepping into would of course help.

AmorFati

First Post
Sounds interesting! I'm thinking of a half-orc Favored soul. She's trying to fight the prejudice that is common against people of her kind, and seeing as she is not exactly the brightest of them, 'tis getting hard!

Torillan

First Post
I'll toss my hat in the ring...

I'd to play either a elf ranger or a dwarf fighter. If others like front-line fighters, I'll do the ranger in a support role.

Erudite

First Post
"Rogue"

I'd like to play a rogue! Not the kind who talks your ear off while collecting money for the Society for One-Legged Oozes, but the sneaking, skulking, tomb-raiding variety, who has the skills to get in, do the job, and get out again. Human or Whisper Gnome, depending on what is allowed. I could see him pairing up with the Elf, like opposites.

Ferrix

Explorer
I was thinking of either two things:

a) a human sword & board fighter

or

b) a tomb-raiding rogue

Erudite it would be fun to perhaps play a pair of rogues, perhaps twins who work together in their escapades. Thus the characters could focus slightly more, since they work together.

DralonXitz

First Post
Ah, this sounds like it could be a pretty fun game. Since it appears you already have six people, I'll throw my hat in as an alt, going Human Samurai.

Erudite

First Post
Ferrix said:
Erudite it would be fun to perhaps play a pair of rogues, perhaps twins who work together in their escapades. Thus the characters could focus slightly more, since they work together.

Hi Ferrix,
Provided that Mathew does not have any problems with that, it works for me. I like the twin angle.

Cheers,
Erudite

Remove ads