The Sky Breathes All Life - IC

Jemal

Adventurer
Inside the Tent, Jonathon is looking at several sheets of paper... Reports from his crews, personal notes, and so forth. He looks up as he hears footsteps outside, and instinctively reaches for his Sword. Shaking his head, he instead stands up and walks towards the tent flap, purposely leaving the weapon behind. [color="purple]'Why did I even bring that bloody thing?'[/color] he thought to himself.

Poking his head outside, Jonathon sees the captains son, Alister. [color="purple"]"Ah Mr Debraeth, I was wondering when you would show up. I have been going over the reports and I have noticed a problem I think needs to be taken care of."[/color]

ooc to dm
[sblock]Do you want to come up with the problem Jonathon has found or should I make something up myself? And if I should do it myself, then how small or how large of a problem should it be?
[/sblock]

Last edited:

tylermalan

First Post
Sye:

The dancing girl turns and holds her hands up to her face as she stares wide eyed at the local legend, and waits patiently off to the side while Sye performs. After awhile, as the crowd begins to get into the show, the girl moves into the center of the room dancing and passing partners around as the whole tent animates in a torrent of people moving. At the end of the performance, she raises her glass along with the rest of the tent, cheering for Sye and releasing anxiety of the battle ahead. As you come down from the stage, various people snatch you up, offering to buy drinks and stay awhile to talk and have a good time, even if you aren't entertaining the masses.

Jon, Lily, and Alister:

Jon, you see a young troop by the name of Lily approaching your tent from behind Alister's left shoulder, seemingly carrying an empty waterskin. Lily, you see Jon exit from his tent and begin talking to Alister Delbraeth as you approach.

Jon:

[sblock]You can come up with it yourself, but make it relatively minor.[/sblock]

Nonlethal Force

First Post
Sye gladly accepts a few of the offers, saying things like, "Aye, I'm glad you appreciated the performance. Couldn't 'ave done it without you all dancing and clapping with me though! Tell you what, though. To keep my whistle wet but still functional could you make it a glass of water or a non-alcoholic tea? The alcohol seems to mess with my ability to sing." Inside her mind she adds, 'If there was only one thing I would change ... it would be that I could play in places where alcohol didn't take a major role. After what my father did to me through that stuff ...'

Sye looks for any particular average looking man or a man who seems to be on the fringe of the boisterous group and approaches (if she can find one) saying, "So, soldier. What brings you to the brink of war?" She tries to greet him with an obviously wide and accepting smile.

Lord Wyrm

First Post
Nonlethal Force said:
Sye looks for any particular average looking man or a man who seems to be on the fringe of the boisterous group and approaches (if she can find one) saying, "So, soldier. What brings you to the brink of war?" She tries to greet him with an obviously wide and accepting smile.

Duncan is almost startled by the entertainer. His eyes snap to alertness from the glaze they had been in.
"I expect the same things that brought many here. How about yourself, why'd you come to the front?" Duncan speaks in his normal impassive tone.

Had anyone been able to detect his thoughts they would of known the schemes playing through his mind, the coldness of a loyal soldier wronged. The church was still his primary loyalty but the clergy no longer held any true power over him.

Shayuri

First Post
Lily stops in her tracks, getting a deer-in-the-headlights look as she sees who Jon is talking to. He didn't see me yet. Don't salute; you'll look like an idiot. Quick, find something to lounge on, like you're just hanging around.

She looked around and found a rainbarrel she could lean on and affect an idle posture against. Though careful not to look directly at The Officers, she did keep an eye on Jon as she pretended to examine her punctured waterskin.

Nonlethal Force

First Post
Lord Wyrm said:
"I expect the same things that brought many here. How about yourself, why'd you come to the front?"

"Well, that's sure a non-descript answer. Me, I've come to the front because I've got a talent for music and people seem to like to hear me play. I've found that soldiers are quite a friendly lot once you can get them past the depression that comes from their work. Understandable depression, mind you - not meaning to insult you in the least. But me, my goal here is to show people a good time and get them to enjoy life. If you can't enjoy life, it ain't worth worth living. So - there's my story. Now why don't you share a wee bit more about yourself ... and don't worry, I don't bite." Sye winks and smiles at the soldier. "They say I listen real good too."

Eluvan

First Post
Alister gives Jonathan a somewhat stiff, formal nod of greeting as he appears. "What form of problem?" he asks simply, dispensing with any preamble.

Shayuri

First Post
Curious as to what they're talking about, Lily affects a disinterested yawn and pads into the supply tent; just another soldier going to and fro. She pauses just inside the flap and looks around, but her true aim is to stay within earshot of Jonathan and Alistair. If there was one thing she'd learned, it was that soldiers who stayed on top of what was coming from the Officers tended to live longer and more comfortably. A little inside information was worth risking some eavesdropping for.

Their voices were muffled a bit by the tent flap, but since they weren't far off, picking their voices out wasn't too hard...

Lord Wyrm

First Post
Nonlethal Force said:
"They say I listen real good too."

"My own deeds are unimportant, I'm a lowly shipwright whose been in a few scraps, that's all." Duncan shifted to a more comfortable stance.

Saying Duncan had been in a few scraps was something of an understatement, and saying he was a lowly shipwright was certainly so. The scar barely concealed on his neck confirmed a few scraps was misleading at best. Duncan sensed a bit of Cailin in this one so he let his guard down ever so slightly, a game he had refined with the priestess since her initiation and his own promotion to templar. One of the few happy memories of a servant of the church.

"My question to you is why attempt to cheer up the soldiers? I've never known music to inspire in the heart of battle unless you sing then and there, even with my limited experiences in the matter. Better things to think about are love, honor, or even just keeping your shield brother alive."

Nonlethal Force

First Post
Sye replies, "But why just focus on the battle? Ever notice how precious few moments are actually spent fighting compared to all the long hours spent in preparation and revelry afterwards? Life is more than just fighting and battlefield. Life is ... all around and every moment! I don't inspire the soldiers ability to fight now - I just put a smile on their faces."

She pauses to think for a second. "Look around. Each and every one of these faces demonstrate that for the last hour or so, they have pleasant memories. That's what I live for. There will come a time when the battle will rage and the stress will be high. And I'll do my share of lifting spirits then, too. But right now, life is to be enjoyed. I've noticed just in myself that my body functions better when I am happy, smiling, and all-around enjoying life. My stomach feels better, my muscles don't ache as much, and my brain focuses on happy times. I desire to give that to anyone who desires just as much to take it from me!"

Remove ads