The Sky Breathes All Life - IC

Nonlethal Force

First Post
Sye looks to Alister and adds, "Cloakers, sir. Forgive me for not being able to brief you since the attack. Horrid, malevolent beings, actually. Not much is known about them other than an encounter with them is often immediately a fight for one's life - as we see before us. To my knowledge, I do not remember an occurance of that multitude being recorded, but they do have the intelligence to work together so I suppose anything is possible."

Shayuri

First Post
"I'm not so sure," Lily says quietly, having pulled her cloak around herself. "For one...there were thousands of those things dropping on us from above. A flock that big we should have seen from a distance. It would have been a huge black blot in the sky. But we and the elves saw nothing until they started attacking. Like they came out of nowhere."

She shivers and looks shamefacedly down at the ground.

Nonlethal Force

First Post
Sye smiles at Lily and adds, "Ah, Lily's a tactictian, too! Another side of you that I was unaware of. You are apparently full of pleasant surprises." She smiles once more and turns to Alister. "If Lily is correct - and she may well be, it all happened so fast - I am not aware of cloakers being recorded as posessing great magical powers. Perhaps there is a greater mind at work? A common enemy - or perhaps someone with an interest of either destroying the elves, humans, and dwarves? Or ... at least causing us to point fingers at each other long enough until they can come in and take over on their own right?"

Sye thinks for a moment and adds, "What you suggest, Lily, does have many grave implications indeed."

Lord Wyrm

First Post
Duncan chimed in, his years of experience overriding his mind. His mind desperately pleading to be heard, don't give yourself away, don't reveal your position.

"The cloakers, from what I know of them they are found under this world in the realm of darkness. Perhaps one of the creatures of that deep darkness has united them. There are many powerful spellcasters there and it would not be hard to find one capable of rendering a large group undetectable by mortal means." Duncan spoke in a harsh, analytical tone. He looked toward the mayor, "Perhaps it was your one dark-kindred who summoned the cloakers in order to fragment the surface races."

Shayuri

First Post
Lily shakes her head.

"That makes no sense though," she points out, glancing up. "We -were- fragmented. We were at war. Now we have evidence of some kind of massively powerful common enemy. If anything, that could stop the war and give us a reason to fight together."

She looks around. "Not that there's many left to fight."

Eluvan

First Post
Alister just nods numbly. He's heard of cloakers, though never seen one before, and tales tell of their malice and destructive power. "I would hope that more senior officers than me have survived," he answers in response to the mayor's question, "but I've has no word from anybody yet. I am unsure how the other ships fared, and how many survivors there might be." He almost goes on to explain why his name might be familiar, but stops himself in time. It seems unlikely and undesirable that hostilities will continue now, but even so it seems foolish to give such information away when it's unnecessary.

tylermalan

First Post
Dressed in very loose-fitting clothing consisting of straps of leather here and there, the man standing behind the mayor stares at Duncan as he speaks, merely unfolding his arms in response. He does not look amused.

"I could say the same of you and yours, sir." The mayor speaks to Duncan, then turns to Alister after briefly glancing over the faces of all of you. "So you haven't a chance to check things out for yourself yet? Well, let me tell you, it's horrible. Most of us were taking cover from the battle in our homes, but we heard the screams, and we saw the destruction. Everything down in seconds, our homes destroyed, our loved ones killed! I need to know what has happened, and I need to know if any of you are the one I should be speaking to. Oh, and fighting together should be considered after we clean up this mess. No one out there is in any condition to fight I would imagine. Who are each of you by the way, I've only met the Captain here..."

Lord Wyrm

First Post
"My name is Duncan, Duncan Freehold. I had the duties of shipwright, but I guess now is the time for other talents." Duncan extends his hand more as a matter of cordiality than anything, even if he was acting completely bitter toward the elves his upbringing required some civility. "And at least you have the advantage of being physically removed from your dark kin, we humans all look the same." Duncan said with a smile, his movements now slipping into more comfortable territory. Anyone who had known him for more than a few days and had spoken with him personally would recognize the tactic. He was probing the elf, testing the bars, checking how he would react. All this was just part of what made Duncan into Vaeris.

tylermalan

First Post
"I suppose you haven't been to the Eastern Sands then? They look much different than yourself out there." The mayor takes Duncan's offered hand, looking next to Sye. "And who might you be?"

Last edited:

Remove ads