Early Arrival of Dungeon #128

I just got Dungeon #128 last night which looks very cool and the preview of 129 seems great as well. Did i get this really early in comparison to others? I recieved #127 pretty early as well.The following were the adventures on my browse through:
Overall Impression- the cover art is great, the inside art seemed a bit different and i did not enjoy it as much as the art of recent magazines.

Shut In
by F. Wesley Schneider and James Sutter
An elusive killer is leaving a trail of noble blood across the city. When the PCs are recruited to protect an influential spinster, they discover that more is afoot at Dromdal House than anyone suspects. In fact, they may be the ones who need protection, from their aging ward. A D&D adventure for 2nd-level characters.
I have been hankering for a good murder mystery to run and this show up! It is a very cool plot with lots of little intricasies.

The Champion’s Belt
by Tito Leati
The hidden masters of the Ebon Triad have something special planned for the culmination of the Champion’s Games: a foul ritual designed to transform the arena into a stage of enormous carnage to honor their dark overgod. To stop them, the PCs must explore the dark complex of the arena’s master, and destroy his pet monster before it’s too late. An Age of Worms Adventure Path Adventure for 9th level characters.

Wow! This adventure is great...i think it is the 2nd strongest of the 4 published so far. Very good motives, characterization and the whole competition is great!

The Fireplace Level
by Eric L. Boyd
The High Hunt draws to a close deep beneath the noble villas of the North Ward, but bearding Waterdeep’s vampire master in his lair threatens to unleash the buried ghosts of a forgotten feud between two of Waterdeep’s merchant houses. The third adventure in the Vampires of Waterdeep Campaign Arc, “The Fireplace Level,” is A FORGOTTEN REALMS adventure for 14th-level characters.

Not that crazy about vampires?FR combo in general, but this seemed like a very good adventure to finish of the Adventure Arc

Dungeon #129

I don't have the Magazine in front of me but i recall the following:

-A adventure set in Eberron, which is also a murder mystery- it seemed very intriguing.

-The Next adventure in the adventure path where the heroes return, only to find Alustiran? missing and the town in shambles after the Black Dragon Visit. The heroes have to return to the Whispering Cairn and actually enter an open portal to one of the tombs to the Dukes and might recover a piece of the Rod of 7 parts!

- A very high level adventure (17th?) based in FR around the avatar of Malar and his efforts to destroy civilization.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases