Council of the Wyrms

full_moon_draw

First Post
Greetings once more,

After years of posting rather little, I seem to have got the urge to post rather a lot!

May be it's old age - that or I'm gently cracking up :cool:

Anyway - I've been working on a conversion of the Council of the Wyrms for a LONG time - it was always one of the favourite campaigns with my group (or it seemed to be guys!) & i felt disappointed at abanonding it when D&D 3 came out.

The Draconomican never quite converted all the material in Council of the Wyrms so I felt the need to do some work on a full blown converstion. Hence this project.

I thought that I'd see what all you good people that have done many other conversions thought of this (not so little) offering. May be you'll get some use out of it & I'll not be the only one considering a return to the Council Isle !?!

Attached is a ZIP file containing (in a single word file) the afore mentioned conversion - constructive critisism, feedback & comments welcomed.

Cheers - FMD

EDIT - 08-09-2007 - Version 1.8 removed, 1.9 added

Attachments

• Cow Conversion 1.9.1.zip
    1.1 MB · Views: 157
Last edited:

full_moon_draw

First Post
Hi there Frukathka,

This is a conversion of the boxed set rather than the hardback book. However, as far as i am aware - the hardback is simply the boxed set + a few clarifications & a little extra material that originally saw the light of day in the Dragon magazine.

Cheers - FMD

PS - If I'm wrong about the differences between the hardback & the boxed set, I'd very much like a summary of the differences - if anyones feeling all kind & considerate :)

full_moon_draw

First Post
Gem Dragons

You may have noticed that the Gem Dragons have their own converstion problems! Largely with going from D&D 3.0 Psionics to 3.5 Psionics

I was going to start doing a conversion of this myself until I came across this website:

http://www.geocities.com/originalravinray/dnd/psionics/main.html

It's great stuff (not perfect) & I think this (along with my conversion) will give anyone 90% of what they need to Council of the Wyrms up & running in D&D 3.5! I'd credit the author here - but I can't find a name on the website - whoever you are, great job, hope you don't mind this link?

There's all sorts of great little links to Gem Dragon stuff on this website & it includes the Obsiden & Ectoplasmic "Gem" Dragons.

Cheers - Enjoy - FMD

full_moon_draw

First Post
Hi Frukathka,

I had got part of the way through doing just that when I discovered the work on Geocites by the "mysterious" author! I'd love to include some of the hard work that he's gone through in his Gem Dragon conversion (not that I agree with all of it but . . .). I'm still trying to track the author down! Also - I've got the various things from the Complete Psionic to consider! I don't think there's a lot of work to be done (that hasn't already been done).

I'd hope to have it all sorted awy before the end of October 2006! I'll post the new version here when it's done!

Thanks for asking - I needed a little chasing on the XPH issues :)

Cheers - FMD

RavinRay

Explorer
Hi there!

Just got here after FMD made a post over at Wizards. And yes, I do welcome feedback on my conversion project.

full_moon_draw

First Post
Cheers Frukathka,

Thanks for that! Hopefully setting myself end Oct as a deadline isn't unrealistic.

Hi There RavinRay,

Or should I say Hearald of Saridor :) Obviously, in the next couple of weeks I'm going to be going through your gem dragon project quite extensively - I'll post any comments I've got here rather than over on the Wizards Boards if that's OK with you? Only I seem to get more reliable access to these boards than the Wizards ones!

The only comment that I'd make at this stage is Re: Psionic Invisibility (which I'll be the 1st to admit is a personal bug-a-boo of mine). The GD Project gives Dragons Spell Invisibility! Psionic Invisibility (for most of it's career - since AD&D PHB) has had a different effect to Spell Inivisibility. I tend to want to preserve the original psionic effect as it's more limited than the spell effect. Does that make any sense & what do you think?

Cheers - FMD

RavinRay

Explorer
Here's a quick reply re: invisibility. Bruce didn't update the 3.0 version of the power to 3.5, and the duergar use the arcane version as a psi-like ability, so I did likewise for the amethyst dragon.

One thing that sorely needs to be addressed is the change in hierarchy of the gem dragons. In 2e, the amethyst was the most powerful and the topaz second last; now the topaz is marginally the most powerful just above the amethyst. Considering that the amethyst dragons consider themselves the rulers (of a sort) over all gem dragons, how will this change?

Remove ads