D&D for 2: The Deep Calling (IC Thread)

Bront

The man with the probe
OOC Thread: http://www.enworld.org/showthread.php?t=150015
RG Thread: http://www.enworld.org/showthread.php?t=150934

Aquatica is Tia'ala
Scratched_back is Jericho Saul

Note, Sblocks with a character name are for that character only.

I suggest you use a Color for speach ("" too)

Italics for thought ('' too). You can color it as well. Don't go overboard with throughts, remembering that others can't read your mind usually, but don't be afriad to use them.

Anything beyond a simple OOC comment should probably be Sblocked
[sblock=OOC]Like this[/sblock]

In Combat, please put your AC and HP (X/X)) in the title of your post for ease of reference.

Otherwise, have fun, be descriptive, and you'll learn the nuances of PbP as you go.

Last edited:

Bront

The man with the probe
[sblock=Tia'ala]Ariving in Redspar, you get your usuall mix of admiring stares and awkward glances. Dispite your regular presence in the port town, you've found that most folks never quite seem to get used to seeing you.

Without a plan, you find yourself at the Red Herring inn. The stew is good as always, though again, you find yourself alone until Peter Wright* approaches. "Tia'ala, tis good to see you. It's been far too long. Mind if I join you?"

Once he sits, he continues "So, what brings you to Redspar? Certaintly it's not business, or else I'd have seen you earlier."
[Sblock=*]Peter Wright is a local shipwright who you've done business with, and might even consider a friend. He's an older man, and a recient widower, his daughter, Racheal married a merchant and now lives in Phlan.[/sblock][/sblock]

Bront

The man with the probe
[sblock=Jericho Saul]Jericho found himself the wanderer, roaming the country, and playing his way through room and board. Being that traveler, he often found himself the bearer of news between towns, and found people would often talk to him of current events and rumors.

As he approached the coast, one rumor, or legend as it were, seemed to intrigue him. A mysterious and exocit beauty, a woman of deep blue skin who often passed through towns to trade. Naturaly intrigued, Jericho eventualy found himself in Phlan, understanding that this seemed to be the home of this elusive beauty. Perhaps he was following a fish story, but his intuition told him there was something to this.

So, as he walks through the streets of Phlan, he ponders where to go from here.[/sblock]

Scratched_back

First Post
[Sblock] Stood in the main market square in Phlan, his feet sore, his clothes dusty and his spirit slightly dampened, Jericho begins to look for another place to call his home for the time being. Turning his head left and right he sees a brisk trade going on all around him. Fish, bread, clothing, trinkets, everything seemed to be here in different stalls, each with an eager trader smiling and working up trade.

Taking a few steps to his left he came to a fruit stall watched over by a middle-aged lady with grey hair. Palming a gold piece from his pocket, Jericho picks up a melon from the stall and approaches her. "Good day, ma'am. I hope this will pay for the fruit, I'm tired from the road and this looks very refreshing. Perhaps you can help me in fact! I came to Phlan in search of an enchanting beauty, now I'm here and I find your town boasts two!"

Taking in her puzzled expression, he pushed the gold piece into her hand, knowing it would pay for the melon forty times over, and with a quick wink, he continues: "Had I not known already that the beauty I seek has blue skin, I'd have spent the rest of my days buying fruit from you, trying to win your heart. I must be mad, a lady as grand as you must already be making a man somewhere very happy! Maybe you could tell me what you know of the traders around here, the lady I'm looking for has been known to sell sea trinkets and fish I think..."

Before the lady even opens her mouth to answer, an inward thought occurs to Jericho She's the tenth person you've buttered up this week, the third today! She won't know anything, none of them have! Through a practised smile, he awaited her reply. [/Sblock]

Last edited:

Bront

The man with the probe
[Sblock=Jericho]
Scratched_back said:
Stood in the main market square in Phlan, his feet sore, his clothes dusty and his spirit slightly dampened, Jericho begins to look for another place to call his home for the time being. Turning his head left and right he sees a brisk trade going on all around him. Fish, bread, clothing, trinkets, everything seemed to be here in different stalls, each with an eager trader smiling and working up trade.

Taking a few steps to his left he came to a fruit stall watched over by a middle-aged lady with grey hair. Palming a gold piece from his pocket, Jericho picks up a melon from the stall and approaches her. "Good day, ma'am. I hope this will pay for the fruit, I'm tired from the road and this looks very refreshing. Perhaps you can help me in fact! I came to Phlan in search of an enchanting beauty, now I'm here and I find your town boasts two!"

Taking in her puzzled expression, he pushed the gold piece into her hand, knowing it would pay for the melon forty times over, and with a quick wink, he continues: "Had I not known already that the beauty I seek has blue skin, I'd have spent the rest of my days buying fruit from you, trying to win your heart. I must be mad, a lady as grand as you must already be making a man somewhere very happy! Maybe you could tell me what you know of the traders around here, the lady I'm looking for has been known to sell sea trinkets and fish I think..."

Before the lady even opens her mouth to answer, an inward thought occurs to Jericho "She's the tenth person you've buttered up this week, the third today! She won't know anything, none of them have!" Through a practised smile, he awaited her reply.
"Oh, that's more than enough, they're only 3 copper." she says, with a broad smile to see such a large coin. "And I think you're talking about the young lady who lives down the way. She used to stop by to buy a mellon or two for her and her father, but I haven't seen her in a few weeks. Hard to miss her, kinda strange, but I never turned down good coin."

She offers Jericho his change. [/Sblock]

Scratched_back

First Post
Bront said:
[Sblock=Jericho]
"Oh, that's more than enough, they're only 3 copper." she says, with a broad smile to see such a large coin. "And I think you're talking about the young lady who lives down the way. She used to stop by to buy a mellon or two for her and her father, but I haven't seen her in a few weeks. Hard to miss her, kinda strange, but I never turned down good coin."

She offers Jericho his change. [/Sblock]

[SBlock]
She knows her, by gods she knows! The smile on Jericho's face couldn't be concealed as he absorbed the information. "I've come far to find her, but I want to look my best for such a lady. I've spent hours travelling on the backs of carts composing songs for her, I can only imagine her face in my mind." Jericho smiiles again at the lady running the stall and closes her hand back around the change she offered. "I'll tell you what, show me which way her house lies, then direct me to the nearest respectable Inn and you'll have more than earned that coin today. What do you say?"
[/Sblock]

Bront

The man with the probe
[sblock=Jericho]"Why thank you good sir. While I don't know exactly where she lived, it was down the road three interesctions that way, to the left. I believe there is an Inn down that road, the Golden Toad I think." She pauses and asks "Do you know her?"[/sblock]

Aquatica

First Post
[Sblock]Looking at the intrigued expression on Peter's face she chuckled and replied,The stew of course Pete,what else?"

The locals look from there ale pitchers, some astounded as to why a human would be sat with such a strange creature and the others with a sense of envy that it wasn't them doing so.

Tia'ala took her eyes off Peter and gazed back at the people she knew were staring at her and simply smiled and shouted, "Lovely day were having isn't it?" With that everyone sheepishly look to their drinks and Tia'ala rolled her eyes wishing the locals would stop being so rude and said,"In all seriousness Pete, my beloved father passed away some months ago and it became too hard to stay in our home,too many sad memories"

Peter's face was somber and sympathetic,"I'm sorry for your'e loss young un, he was a fine man for sure and a fine fisherman or so I've been told.Had to ave been he taught you and your an expert!

Even after a few hours of talking about her father,Peter's attempts to cheer Tia'ala fell short,little did he know that despite her brave persona,just talking about her father made her sad and lost,although talking to someone familiar was a blessing she knew.

Tia'ala sighed and trying to convince herself uttered,"Well I live to make him proud and maybe come across a little adventure in the process. What better place to start than right her in Redspar?I visit the place enough when I'm dealing in trade matters with fine gentlemen like yourself but never just stop and take in the air y'know. Its about time I did and maybe my life might turn around"
Peter smiled and raised his pitcher cheerfully,"Thats the spirit lassy,a toast to your father, your fate and may you endevour on a marvellous adventure.Cheers!"

With that they clinked their tankards and Tia'ala scooped up the last of her now stone cold stew with some dry soda bread, picked up her cloak and headed towards the door.[/Sblock]

Last edited:

Scratched_back

First Post
Bront said:
[sblock=Jericho]"Why thank you good sir. While I don't know exactly where she lived, it was down the road three interesctions that way, to the left. I believe there is an Inn down that road, the Golden Toad I think." She pauses and asks "Do you know her?"[/sblock]

[Sblock] "Know her? I know of her, and these days that's just as good." there is a pause "I'm going to go and find The Golden Toad now, thank you for your help my lady." With a nod and a slight bow, Jericho turns away and begins to walk across the market in the direction the lady had pointed, spinning the melon around in his hands. After several paces through the bustling market crowd, he cracks open the melon on his knee and hands half to a passing waif. Smiling, he begins again to walk down the road towards the Inn. [/SBlock]

Bront

The man with the probe
[Sblock=Tia'ala]
Aquatica said:
Looking at the intrigued expression on Peter's face she chuckled and replied,The stew of course Pete,what else?"

The locals look from there ale pitchers, some astounded as to why a human would be sat with such a strange creature and the others with a sense of envy that it wasn't them doing so.

Tia'ala took her eyes off Peter and gazed back at the people she knew were staring at her and simply smiled and shouted, "Lovely day were having isn't it?" With that everyone sheepishly look to their drinks and Tia'ala rolled her eyes wishing the locals would stop being so rude and said,"In all seriousness Pete, my beloved father passed away some months ago and it became too hard to stay in our home,too many sad memories"

Peter's face was somber and sympathetic,"I'm sorry for your'e loss young un, he was a fine man for sure and a fine fisherman or so I've been told.Had to ave been he taught you and your an expert!

Even after a few hours of talking about her father,Peter's attempts to cheer Tia'ala fell short,little did he know that despite her brave persona,just talking about her father made her sad and lost,although talking to someone familiar was a blessing she knew.

Tia'ala sighed and trying to convince herself uttered,"Well I live to make him proud and maybe come across a little adventure in the process. What better place to start than right her in Redspar?I visit the place enough when I'm dealing in trade matters with fine gentlemen like yourself but never just stop and take in the air y'know. Its about time I did and maybe my life might turn around"
"Well, ye know you've always been good company, and yer father 'n me went back a long time. If'n ya need a place to stay fer a bit, I've got an empty room, and could use the company. Ye kin help me with my ships and such and I'd pay ya a good wage besides the room. Might not be fishin, but perhaps it'd give ya a place to start over. And ya'd even git ta work in the sea."

Ole' Pete smiles and looks at you hopefully. He always was a fine and trustworthy man, and was one to linger a bit longer to talk to you since his daughter left.[/Sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases