Need a Dungeon Like Forge of Fury

Kel

First Post
I'm looking for suggestions for a module. I had planned on running my 3.5 group through Forge of Fury, only to find out that one of the players had DM'd it in the past, and thus is fairly familiar with it.

So, I'm just testing the waters to see if there are any comparable modules out there that I can use instead. I'm looking for something with a dungeon crawl, preferably through an abandoned (or even currently-occupied) dwarven stronghold of some kind so I can remain consistent with the backstory I've already given the party. The characters are 4th level.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions!

MacMathan

Explorer
Come on people help a campaign out :D

Someone must have played something close or appropriate?

My recently knighted character needs further adventures.....

Nellisir

Hero
The 2e module Under Illefarn was partially set in an abandoned dwarven stronghold. I'm sure you can get it on pdf, and hopefully there's a 3e update here. It was for 1st level adventurers, though.

Cheers
Nell.

BluWolf

Explorer
Nellisir said:
The 2e module Under Illefarn was partially set in an abandoned dwarven stronghold. I'm sure you can get it on pdf, and hopefully there's a 3e update here. It was for 1st level adventurers, though.

Cheers
Nell.

Under Illefarn is an EXCELLENT module. Actually more along the lines of a mini-campaign taking PCs from about 1st to 4th level.

However, you could easily skip the earlier sections and cut right to the lost dwarven mines of Illefarn itself. Currently contested.

ericlboyd

Explorer
You could transform the back story of "Sons of Gruumsh" pretty easily. It would work well as an orc lair set in a dwarven ruin.

--Eric

MerricB

Eternal Optimist
Supporter
I've written pretty detailed reviews of both Fane of the Drow and Sons of Gruumsh recently (see the reviews section); both are for 4th level PCs, and should give you an idea of how hard they'd be to adapt.

Cheers!

LostSoul

Adventurer
BluWolf said:
Under Illefarn is an EXCELLENT module. Actually more along the lines of a mini-campaign taking PCs from about 1st to 4th level.

I loved that adventure. Ran it many times (even for the same players, although with a decade in between).

I'm sure you could adapt it for 3e play.

Remove ads