MEG: Fall of Man

Henry

Autoexreginated
It hasn't materialized, though there was playtesting going on for it. Hal said in a previous thread they might try and see if they could polish it enough to release as a PDF, without losing a lot of time and money on it.

Neo

Explorer
It was playtested EXTENSIVELY, i myself as well as a number of other invested well over a year to the project... but then it went quiet without any word, warning or explanation until a few months ago when it was briefly noted on the playtest group that updates would be forthcoming once again in an attempt as Henry mentions to try and get it out as a PDF and some explanation, apologies and promises of things to come were mentioned..but once again nothing happened and no word or explanation has been given to those of us who stuck it out after investing a lot of time and effort on MEG's behalf.. shame as it really was quite an interesting approach at the post apocalyptic genre blended with fantasy.

I still have hopes some day it will get finished and that MEG will get back in the game as it were...

Napftor

Explorer
der_kluge said:
I have a Fall of Man t-shirt, it says "coming, winter 2003"!

Same here. I wouldn't look for Fall of Man until someone else is involved in bringing it to market. Perhaps Phil Reed, for example, could bring it to pdf if properly motivated.

Just_Hal

First Post
Napftor said:
Same here. I wouldn't look for Fall of Man until someone else is involved in bringing it to market. Perhaps Phil Reed, for example, could bring it to pdf if properly motivated.

Not exactly true, there is more work to be done on it and it may arrive as a pdf but it is HUGE so we really would love to get a print publisher to grab it and print it first. I will ask Doug if anything is going on with it, we keep trying, we really do.... we have a cover, art and 90% of the book done or so.

We will not bring it to print....
and for the record MEG did not collapse, we just ran out of steam :D . Never had enough retailers buy our stuff, had monies owed to us and some bad deals with distributors etc.....maxed out thecredit cards and realized we had to stop bleeding personal income into it.

If Phil wanted it as a pdf first we could talk to him about it.....

jdrakeh

Front Range Warlock
I must have missed Fall of Man (there was a good, long, while where I played nothing but Hero and Rolemaster), but for what it's worth, I'm sorry to hear that MEG is effectively dead. I bought almost all of the stuff in yout The Hunt: Rise of Evil line and really enjoyed it.

Just_Hal said:
Not exactly true, there is more work to be done on it and it may arrive as a pdf but it is HUGE so we really would love to get a print publisher to grab it and print it first. I will ask Doug if anything is going on with it, we keep trying, we really do.... we have a cover, art and 90% of the book done or so.

We will not bring it to print....
and for the record MEG did not collapse, we just ran out of steam :D . Never had enough retailers buy our stuff, had monies owed to us and some bad deals with distributors etc.....maxed out thecredit cards and realized we had to stop bleeding personal income into it.

If Phil wanted it as a pdf first we could talk to him about it.....

Nice to hear from ya Hal. Count me as one of the people interested in Fall of Man.

joe b.

Ghostwind

First Post
I talked to Doug a few weeks back about Dark Walkers and Fall of Man. I can safely say that Dark Walkers will see the light of day as a pdf release initially under a new company. The Mystic Eye logo will also be present on the book. That same company is also talked about doing Fall of Man and the response by Doug was very favorable.

These things do take a little time and I am hopeful that Dark Walkers will be released around the end/first of the year. Artwork is being commissioned right now and the book is undergoing playtesting.

Concerning Fall of Man, since playtesting is basically complete it will only be a matter of wrapping up the loose ends and then proceeding with final development/editing/art/layout. I am hopeful about it.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases