Age of Worms?

Lonely Tylenol

First Post
Pardon if the answer to this question is "yes," but is there an Age of Worms thread currently running somewhere? If there is, I can't find it. I'd like to see how that campaign is working out for people, since I'm planning to run it myself the next time I start a campaign.

If there isn't such a thread, well, how's it going?

ssampier

First Post
Dumb Question: What is Age of Worms

Before I asked this question, I performed a Google search. I deduced that it's a series of "adventure paths" from Dungeon Magazine, but that's doesn't help much. Is it more or less a setting like Forgotten Realms or Eberron?

demiurge1138

Inventor of Super-Toast
ssampier said:
Before I asked this question, I performed a Google search. I deduced that it's a series of "adventure paths" from Dungeon Magazine, but that's doesn't help much. Is it more or less a setting like Forgotten Realms or Eberron?

No, no, it's just a series of modules from 1st to 20th level with one overarching plotline. The default setting is Greyhawk Lite (all the calories, half the flavor!), but the Age of Worms Overload document has notes for Eberron and FR conversions.

Demiurge out.

ssampier

First Post
Ah, I think I get it; 1-20 level seems to all the rage. I still have one of the originals mega campaigns, Night Below.

What's the main "hook" that makes Age of Worms special?

demiurge1138

Inventor of Super-Toast
ssampier said:
What's the main "hook" that makes Age of Worms special?
The Apocalypse.
Specifically, the titular Age of Worms, a supposed era of the decay of all things. The players get caught up in it, and eventually have to fight the undead godling Kyuss to prevent it.

Demiurge out.

Bront

The man with the probe
I'm in one on this board. Branding Oppertunity is runing a second game, and then there's a third one also running here.

Kelleris

Explorer
demiurge1138 said:
The Apocalypse.

No kidding. The most recent adventure (for only 9th level!) could pretty easily lead to [sblock] several thousand citizens of Greyhawk being converted into wights. While they're standing amidst a crowd of 15-18 thousand people. Yow! [/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases