Heroes of Horror

Dross Swordra

First Post
Has anybody checked out the new Heroes of Horror book from wizards? is it an update for BoVD? is it worth spending the money on?

Your critiques would be appreciated.

-Dross

Laman Stahros

First Post
I have it and it is more of a combination of all kinds of horror books for D&D. Elements of BoVD, Ravenloft, CoC, and even OA are in it. I think it does more for horror in D&D than Ravenloft 3e ever did.

DragonLancer

Adventurer
I had a brief flick through yesturday and while it certainly looks better than Heroes of Battle (or whatever it was called) I wasn't sure about it. Too much looked like it was taken up with ways to introduce fear in a game, far more than was nessecary. I was also dissapointed over the few number of spells and monsters in the book.

I'll probably pick it up at some point but its not a high priority right now.

SidusLupus

First Post
Is it out yet? Amazon lists Oct 14 as a release date (I think).

Barnes and Noble.com has it at Nov. 2nd release.

Wizards only says October 2005 as release

Which is it? =/

Mark Hope

Adventurer
I picked it up today from Gamers (cool flgs) - very pleased with the contents. A decent but not overwhelming amount of crunchy bits to plug into the game along with plenty of advice and setting ideas for running horror-based games. I was pleasantly surprised to see a sample adventure and a sample campaign arc in the first couple of chapters, as well as some interesting locations. Looks like it will be more use than I expected.

Remove ads