Living Supers - General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bront

The man with the probe
The idea was that once we get started, simply put a "Living M&M Game this way" sign for a week in the Talking the Talk forum, but no big deal. Not an issue till we get started.

I stuck a link in my sig, and I'm everywhere, so hopefully that will get some interest.

Gideon

First Post
It might not be a bad idea to create a 'Charachters' Forum to start kicking around ideas. One of the coolest things, IMHO, of the Living structure is the ability to set up legacies and sidekicks.

Also, What is the deal with GM-ing? Do you run one mission (after approval of course)? Are you allowed to create orginizations that function in your mission?

Kylara

First Post
Gideon said:
It might not be a bad idea to create a 'Charachters' Forum to start kicking around ideas. One of the coolest things, IMHO, of the Living structure is the ability to set up legacies and sidekicks.
There will be a character thread, but it isnt really a discussion thread. Players will submit characters for approval, and then the character will be aproved, or not.

Gideon said:
Also, What is the deal with GM-ing? Do you run one mission (after approval of course)? Are you allowed to create orginizations that function in your mission?

This is part of approval, the GM proposes the adventure including additions to the game world (ie creating a meta-human killer cult or what not).

Bront

The man with the probe
Gideon said:
This is the thread to discuss it in. This is for all general discussion for the campaign not related to a particular proposal. Basicly, where you can ask questions, make coments, etc.
Gideon said:
You can run one or several sessions of missions, though I suggest even with a series you let the players return to HQ and potentialy recurit others/disembark. As for the second one, anything minor as far as organizations is fine to create, but anything further reaching than a small location or a single adventure should be run by the judges as part of the approval process for the adventures, which will be up shortly.

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
Um this may seem dumb

but I don't have access to either MM 1 or 2 (and the nearest shop is now 4 hrs away since the local flgs (2hrs away) closed). However I'd love to participate (as a player) in Living Supers - anyway for that to happen?

Kylara

First Post
Brother Shatterstone said:
Have you all settled on 2nd edition? I have my copy and I must admit I'm less than impressed with it… :\

2nd Edition seems to be the consensus, though I too must note that it wasn't all that I was expecting it to be. Doesn't mean its not head and shoulders above other systems, just not as great as I had hoped for from what 1st edition built up as my expectations.

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Kylara said:
2nd Edition seems to be the consensus, though I too must note that it wasn't all that I was expecting it to be. Doesn't mean its not head and shoulders above other systems, just not as great as I had hoped for from what 1st edition built up as my expectations.
Yeah, it’s still a good system (and I think you will enjoy the confinement it brings in character creation) but not a system I would prefer as I think 1st edition is the better system… Looks like GR finally burned me with buying something sight unseen.

Velmont

First Post
Not so great? What modification have they made that make the system less interesting? (I don't have the book yet, I will surely buy it, but, curious to know)

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Velmont said:
Not so great? What modification have they made that make the system less interesting? (I don't have the book yet, I will surely buy it, but, curious to know)
Wow, were to begin... :lol:

I think I just leave it as unduly complicated as there so much more I need to read… When I read 1st edition is was like, “Oh cool!” and this edition is reading more like a text book with little, to no, coolness factor.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases