D20 Fantasy Magic: The Gathering Cards

talien

Community Supporter
New players are often bewildered by the number of choices their characters have in the D20 Fantasy system. That doesn't include all the spells, feats, and class abilities they have at their disposal.

That got me thinking about Magic: The Gathering. Each rule is modular, easy to remember (because it's printed on a card), and you can pull it out for reference whenever you need to. Test runs proved their usefulness in play, especially as a DM who doesn't remember all of the rules all of the time.

So I put together all of the combat actions and skill actions one might perform in a round (not including feats, spells, and class abilities). You can download these and print them. It took me five tries, but I got the card backs to line up correctly as well (I should point out they say "Arcanis" for our game). Enjoy!

Visit http://michael.tresca.net under Freebies.

ukgpublishing

First Post
talien said:
New players are often bewildered by the number of choices their characters have in the D20 Fantasy system. That doesn't include all the spells, feats, and class abilities they have at their disposal.

That got me thinking about Magic: The Gathering. Each rule is modular, easy to remember (because it's printed on a card), and you can pull it out for reference whenever you need to. Test runs proved their usefulness in play, especially as a DM who doesn't remember all of the rules all of the time.

So I put together all of the combat actions and skill actions one might perform in a round (not including feats, spells, and class abilities). You can download these and print them. It took me five tries, but I got the card backs to line up correctly as well (I should point out they say "Arcanis" for our game). Enjoy!

That is a deeply cool idea, especially as an MtG judge ;)

I would warn you that WotC protect their cardback fiercely, as well as the front layout (would you believe that they have a trademark/patent? on the design of magic cards) so you might want to think about the cardback image if nothing else. Just a word of friendly warning.

Thanks

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
I'd like to point out that I knew Talien was cool waaay before this. This latest idea is just par for the course as far as his work goes. ;)

ShinHakkaider

Adventurer
talien said:

D00d, Holy Crap.

You see this is why I put up with alot of the whiney, stupid threads and pontificating that goes on here. Because every now and then you find something on ENWorld that is just pure GOLD.

These cards, GOLD.

Thanks man.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases