[OT]Fighting Fantasy relaunched!

Eternalknight

First Post
Not sure if this is old news... I just noticed at www.advancedfightingfantasy.com that the original series of gamebooks is being reprinted sometime this year. The first four books are The Warlock of Firetop Mountain, Citadel of Chaos, Creature of Havoc and Deathtrap Dungeon (in that order). They are coming back in an all new format with new covers and art, and a new numbering system for the books. What do you think? What memories do you have of the series?

Jamko

First Post
I played my copies of these books to pieces. It's too bad that there appears to be no plans to reprint Starship Traveller (or whatever it was called), because I was never able to get to the end of that sucker.

I'm looking forward to venturing into Deathtrap Dungeon once more. I can't be the only one.

Henry

Autoexreginated
two questions:

1) Does anyone know if the computer game Deathtrap Dungeon had anything to do with the fighting fantasy game book of the same name?

2) Does anyone out there have plans to convert this book unofficially to Neverwinter Nights?

Eternalknight

First Post
Henry said:
two questions:

1) Does anyone know if the computer game Deathtrap Dungeon had anything to do with the fighting fantasy game book of the same name?

2) Does anyone out there have plans to convert this book unofficially to Neverwinter Nights?

Yes, Deathtrap Dungeon was based upon the Fighting Fantasy book, and in fact the author (Ian Livingstone) worked on the game. I, for one, plan on using FF material in NWN adventures.

Tratyn Runewind

First Post
Hello!

Cool link - thank you very much, Eternalknight.

Any word on other titles? I'm hoping especially for the Sorcery! series (The Shamutanti Hills, Khare - Cityport of Traps, The Seven Serpents, and The Crown of Kings), my own introduction to the genre. I played a bit with a friend's copies in the late '80s, and despite some searching in the years since, I've only managed to find one of them. They're still the first things I look for in used-book stores. Given the age of the series and the wear-and-tear such books tend to pile up, new copies would be ideal (and all-new sequels would be a dream come true!).

And aren't Steve Jackson (the Briton, not the Texan of Car Wars/GURPS/Illuminati fame) and Ian Livingstone, the FFG authors, the founders of Games Workshop?

Anyway, thanks again for the link, and have fun with your NWN game! :)

Eternalknight

First Post
I am hoping to complete my collection, which means I need four of the 70 or so books. I wonder if they will reprint the novels or the Advanced Fighting Fantasy series? On another topic, I wonder if Joe Dever will now find some one to take up his Lone Wolf gamebooks?

Remove ads