Dragoon's RttToEE IC

Scotley

Hero
Eglath

The big man is troubled by Chatirlon, but attempts to cover it. He addresses the latest arrival in Hommlet. "Perhaps you give us too much credit good sir. We are but new met ourselves, and have already been warned by the local athority to be on our best behavior. Please join us for a mug of this Hommlet Golden Ale." He extends a massive hand to the newcomer. "Eglath, pleased to meet you."

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Vardrin cocks an eyebrow at the trouble comment, but easily gives his hand to the large man. The handshake is firm, but if that is the strongest grip he has, he won't be winning any arm wrestling contests soon. "Well met, Elgath, son of the mountains." He looks over the goliath's companions. "I would gladly share in the drink with you rabble-rousers." You can tell he means the comment in jest. "Perhaps you can introduce me to your compansions?"

Scotley

Hero
Eglath Goliath Fighter

"Of course, Vardrin, the seeker, my companions are Elmo, the local law I mentioned. This is Ascalante, a Bard. The dwarf, Rurik, follower of Heronious. On the other side is Laumus. The most noble elf is Erimel. That is Baran of Rao."

stonegod

Vardrin raises his cup to each as they are mentioned. As he did so, he thought to himself, That other they did not mention. Perhaps there is something they do not wish to say. I should catch them when they are alone; I know hunters when I see them.

"Greetings to all of you, and respects to your fine town, Sir Elmo." Holding up the offered ale, he tips it in their direction. "Thank you for compansionship. I look forward to seeing more of you while I am in town." He then looks over to the well-dressed stranger that so far has been left out. "And you, my well-dressed friend. By your own admission, you are also well travelled. Any news of dark deeds or strange happenstance you wish to share?"

[SBLOCK=OCC]Vardrin, though not formally trained, does love to butter people up. He's attempting a Diplomacy check to get the man to open up (Vardrin has not heard Elmo's warning, remember); without any situational modifiers, I rolled a 16.[/SBLOCK]

Castigator

First Post
"Well met Vardin, and greetings to you aswell, Chatirlon" Ascalante picks up his ale to join the toasts.

"But I fear that we'll have to dissapoint the both of you. News or solid information is perhaps the only thing we do not have at this moment."
carefully wiping the foam from his mustache, Ascalane assesses both Vardin and Chatirlon with his clear blue eyes. A stare that you might think more fitting for a Warrior than a Musician.

"Only the barest rumors of trouble and strife have reached us. And in a village with an history like Hommlett, such rumors might well be nothing more than lingering tales of days long past or it could well be the signs of..."
the elderly Bard pauses, taking another large swig if ale, he continues with a wink
"Well, I'm sure that neither of you lack the imagination for what could be.."

Turning to Chatirlon, Ascalante inquires.
"Well, but you Sir seem to be in town longer than any of us. So perhaps you could help us collect some of that precious information, for example about old Moathouse that is said to have been a breeding ground for dark and evil things in former days?"

[SBLOCK=OCC]Ascalante is of course suspicious of Chatrilon after Captain Elmo's warning, but tries not to show it (Bluff for a total of 17). At the same time he tries to figure out what his motives are (Sense Motive for a much less impressive total of 9).

Giving people in general the benefit of a doubt and letting them make their own impression, instead of relying on second opinions, I don't think Ascalante will use Sense Evil or some such unless one of the new arrivals (or anyone) does provide a reason for such an inquisition.

[/SBLOCK]

Last edited:

Dragoon

First Post
Elmo lifts his mug to the party and belts out a toast, "To Hommlet and our new friends in town." With that Elmo takes a big drink from his mug.

Chatilron sizes up Ascalante and Elgin and replies to them, "Ohh no need to trouble ye self with that old moathouse, I have allready been there not but a ten day ago. Nothing there lads, you may as well stick yer noses else where." Chatilron finishes with a big smile.

stonegod

Looking intently at Chatilron, Vardrin breaks in, "And you would suggest, then? If you have been here that long, you must have dark foes to pursue?"

[SBLOCK=OCC]Vardrin suspects something is off by his glib response, and attempts a Sense Motive. However, Vardrin must have not been paying attention---a roll of a 1 would do that. However, he is still hoping that his previous attempt at Diplomacy is opening the man up.[/SBLOCK]

Dragoon

First Post
"Well friend no need to get accusitory,"says Chatilron, as he replys to Vardrin. "Just trying to help you lads out and not waste your time with that old abandoned moathouse."

occ: Stonegod, Chatilron does seem a bit more friendly than he previously was.

Last edited:

Scotley

Hero
Eglath Goliath Fighter

Eglath raises his glass and drinks deeply to Elmo's toast. He continues to watch the events unfolding with Chatilron, but does not comment as yet.

Castigator

First Post
"You've actually traveled to the Moathouse, Chatrilon?" Ascalante looks up from his empty mug.

"I must admit that I was myself tempted to go there before I heard of the trouble once more afoot in Hommlett... " the Bard pauses for a moment to fish a well-worn mandolin from his bags " .. an historical place like that would certainly lend itself for inspiration."

With a sad smile, he plucks a single note from the old instrument. The old Bard seems honestly disappointed by Chatrilons account of the empty moathouse.

"It seems unsensible that evil hides out in the very same place it was found twice before.." he muses, playing another mournful note "..but I'm sure there would be hints and traces of the older threats and heroics to be found in a place like that, or not?"

Remove ads