Dragoon's RttToEE IC

Dim_darknight

First Post
Rurik grimaces as well, “Dark times indeed.

He pops up out of his seat and marches over, directly between the two men that were speaking, “Listen lads, I don’t want to get in anyone’s way while I’m here, and maybe I am perceiving things incorrectly, but you seem to be trying mighty hard to get the attention of everyone around you. Now, maybe you’re just daft and haven’t got any sense about privacy or polite conversation. But me, I think you’re sly and crafty. I think you raised your voice deliberately. You know, to draw some ears and eyes over here. Well, I am not the shy type or one that beats around the bush as they say. Hell bound if I know who they are…

Anyway, as I was saying it seems you need help but don’t know the best way to ask for it so you throw up this ruse of an outburst to get notice. So here I am, you got me. Rurik Dankil; faithful servant of Hieroneous, lending aid wherever I can.

Out of the corner of his eye, Rurik sees Baran cringe. What?

nonamazing

Explorer
"Militia captain, you say? Thank you, young one," Erimel says--only to find the servant lad is no longer paying attention to him. The boy stares, open-mouthed, at the well-armed Dwarf currently confronting Elmo. With a quick glance around the room, Erimel notes that the Dwarf has managed to draw nearly everyone's attention to himself.

This 'Rurik' is direct and straightforward, Erimel notes, as is typical of the mountain folk. But there are times when a more subtle approach is called for, and this may be one of them. Erimel reflects over what he has already heard to this point. Assuming Elmo does have some serious news--something related to the safety of the town, which is not improbable considering his position--than he would likely wish to keep such news quiet, lest he cause a panic.

Erimel taps the lad on the shoulder, getting his attention once more. "Thank you, lad," he whispers, smiling, "and don't forget to take my coins for the meal." Erimel slips a handful of coppers into the boy's hand. "Run along now, child--I think your mister Elmo has the situation well in hand."

Should I step in, lend aid to the captain? No, I have not yet a full grasp of the situation, and an Elf steps lightly, as they say, where a Dwarf rushes ahead. Let me wait, Erimel ponders, as he sips at his water, and see what develops. Should Elmo seem to need rescue from the Dwarf's attention, then I shall intervene.

{OOC: If Elmo seems flustered or unwilling to speak to Rurik, Erimel will step in and peacefully suggest that he, the dwarf, and Erimel all speak somewhere in private--perhaps outside. Otherwise, Erimel will just listen to the conversation and watch the other people in the room, to gauge their reactions.}

Castigator

First Post
Rurik said:
Anyway, as I was saying it seems you need help but don’t know the best way to ask for it so you throw up this ruse of an outburst to get notice. So here I am, you got me. Rurik Dankil; faithful servant of Hieroneous, lending aid wherever I can.

Out of the corner of his eye, Rurik sees Baran cringe. What?

The Bard snaps out of his seat with a spring uncommon for man of his age and strides across the room towards the locals and Priest Rurik, casually draining the last of his drink before leaving it casully on some random table.

"Whichever tale or secret you've tried to hide at the most crowed place this splendid village has to offer, you've certainly not been able to evade the fatherly vigilance of Hieroneous it seems." he teases as he joins the gathering, hiding his smirk from Rurik with a little formal bow.

"But that again, your name and deeds have traveled farther Sir Elmo, than just the Inn of the Welcome Wench. That at least, being known myself as Ascalante - a traveling Bard and Musician, Dancer and Storyteller, Lyrist and Poet of humble skill and little renown - I can assure you of." Carefully stroking his mustache, Ascalante carefully gauges the mans (and dwarfs) reactions.

Scotley

Hero
Eglath can't help a smile at the dwarf's bluntness, it is any wonder that dwarves favor hammers and axes--burst it open or split it in half, that's the dwarven way. He continues to watch the unfolding spectacle, but remains as unobtrusive as posible for one of his size.

Erudite

First Post
Baran watches the proceedings, but instead of observing those in the center of the commotion, his eyes wander over those along the periphery of the crown and the rest of the room. He notes the large, stone skinned humanoid, the elf, and anyone else who looks out of place. He also pays attention to those who look like they are too obviously trying to fit in, including residents of the town.

Dragoon

First Post
A silghty irratated Elmo gives the farmer whom he was speaking to a dirty glance, and then looks at the dwarf who adressed him, "Now, Now..." The farmer cuts of Elmo mid sentance, "erhh Sorry Elmo, I didn't notice any non-villagers in here until I spoke' to loudly, just nervous..." Elmo then cutting the farmer off, "do be quiet, Johan." With that the Johan kicks a chair out and slumps into it with a huff.

Elmo then turns back to the dwarf, "Sir Dwarf their is no problem, this farmer is just upset that he has lost a sheep to wolves, nothing sinister about that, please go back to youre meal."

Shortly after Elmo gets done speaking a man descends from the upstairs, dressed in fine clothes and and ample amount of jewlery, "What is everybody standing around for? All waiting for me to take breakfeast?" he says with a loud laugh.

Erudite

First Post
Baran stands noncommitally where he was, letting the inn traffic flow about him. He waits surrupticiously, aware that much has yet to occur this morning. His position is unobtrusive, his expression bland.

Scotley

Hero
Eglath Goliath Fighter

Eglath continues his breakfast with gusto and listens to the locals to see if they are commenting on the 'wolf in the fold' story.

OOC: Should I roll a listen check?

Dim_darknight

First Post
Rurik speaks loudly enough so that only those nearby can hear him clearly. He tries to keep a calm tone as he retorts, “No problem!? You just said the man lost a sheep to some wolf pack. I’m not the most educated individual but don’t wolves hunt a set territory til it can no longer support them? I’d say they’ll eat quite well if they remain here. Rather dangerous to all if left unchecked, wouldn’t you agree. Oh, my meal is finished but my business in Hommlet is not.

A slightly puzzled look suddenly appears on Rurik’s face, “Isn’t there a divine grove around here. Can’t the druids aid you in this matter? If not, I have a small task that I must take care of presently; however, afterwards my time is my own and I will gladly assist in rectifying this concern.

-----
OOC:. Sense motive vs. Elmo’s story: id=173917.

Terraism

Explorer
Laumus sinks back in his chair and returns to his meal, finishing off the porridge and turning his attention to the bread, satisfied - or perhaps unsatisfied - to have concluded that the exchange had nothing to do with the Temple. Bugger. Now what? Well, I suppose I should still keep an eye on the dwarf - his friend did mention something about the place... perhaps...

Picking up the bread and mug, and adjusting his cloak - Darvus tucked neatly against his neck - Laumus leaves a few coins on the table and moves towards the older man the dwarf was breakfasting with, pausing when he hears someone new to the room mention waiting for breakfast.

Remove ads