Dragoon's RttToEE IC - Page 4




What's on your mind?

+ Log in or register to post
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 147
  1. #61
    Well and truly perplexed by the strange and unusual offer of the Dwarf, Ascalante seems momentarily unsure on how to respond. A quick glance around the room of stern and expecting faces underlines the value of this unexpected chance for peace.

    "Never have I heard of Dwarfs resolving their disputes like this?" he answers, still quite a bit uncertain. "..but I guess that I can see the wisdom of bringing two opponents to clasp their hands."

    Quickly warming up the the idea though, he certainly seems relieved that this will not end with violence.
    "I must warn you though Priest Rurik.. if you'll break any of my fingers, than you and everyone assembled will surely suffer greatly, the next time I take up my mandolin."

    Taking his hand of the swordhilt, Ascalante accepts Ruriks offfer.

 

  • #62
    Registered User
    Novice (Lvl 1)

    Dragoon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    178

    Ignore Dragoon
    occ:So do you guys want to go to the moathouse? If anybody wants to pick anything up on the way out just post it.

  • #63

  • #64
    Registered User
    Novice (Lvl 1)

    Dragoon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    178

    Ignore Dragoon
    occ: see occ thread

    Elmo looks about the room and stiffles a laugh and claps his hands and makes an anouncement,"Well then lads, I'm glad you came to a nonviolent way to settle the dispute. Now then lets go to the bar and have a round of Hommlet Golden Ale on me."

  • #65
    Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
    Enchanter (Lvl 12)

    stonegod's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Starkville, MS
    Posts
    12,535
    Blog Entries
    10

    Ignore stonegod
    My communities:

    A tallish man strides into the Welcome Wench, looking about with a keen eye. He pauses for a moment to clear the dust from his travelling clothes---well enough made, but not expensive, travelling clothes in a dark brown motif---before sizing up the common room. He notices the motley crew streaming in from one of the private rooms and cocks an eyebrow.

    The stranger thinks to himself, absently stroking his redish goatee. Hmm... unusual, a group that size. Trouble brews and they search for it, mayhaps? This bears closer inspection. Noticing them saddling up to the bar, he moves alongsides; near enough to hear but not be intrusive.

    "Barkeep! Something light to parch the thirst, if you please." Once something is in his hands, he raises it to new assemblage. "Morning, hunters. Fortune you find what you seek."

  • #66
    Registered User
    Enchanter (Lvl 12)

    Scotley's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Memphis, TN
    Posts
    16,942
    I Defended The Walls!

    Ignore Scotley
    My communities:

    Eglath

    Eglath claps both the bard and the priest on the back with a massive hand. "I'm glad we can put that behind us. Now let's toast to each other with the fine local ale and all be friends."

  • #67
    Registered User
    Novice (Lvl 1)

    Dragoon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    178

    Ignore Dragoon
    As everybody gathers at the bar of the Welcome Wench, for a round of Hommlet Golden Ale, Chatirlon leaves his seat and moves to the bar area around the assembled party.

    "So fellow travlers any news you learned that a 'ole treasure seeker might be interested in?"

  • #68
    Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
    Enchanter (Lvl 12)

    stonegod's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Starkville, MS
    Posts
    12,535
    Blog Entries
    10

    Ignore stonegod
    My communities:

    The red-headed stranger focuses his keen gaze on the party and the man who just joined them, eying them over his drink. The gaze is intense; the man, just standing there, radiates presence. He makes no pretense of his interest in what they have to say.

    OCC
    Vardin is taking his time on some visual Spot and Sense Motive checks to size up what the group is about, who they are, etc. He is not threatening, just obviously curious.

  • #69
    Registered User
    Novice (Lvl 1)

    nonamazing's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    510

    Ignore nonamazing
    Erimel smiles. Humans! He looks back and forth at the red-haired stranger and the well-dressed Chatirlon. If Eglath's warm remarks had brought a sense of calm to the group, then the appearance of these two men has suddenly made everyone quiet and nervous again.

    "This group has not assembled to seek treasure...or rather, let us say we seek a treasure greater than a material one: peace." Erimel carefully judges both men's reaction before adding, "But what is it that brings you to Hommlet, strangers?"

  • #70
    Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
    Enchanter (Lvl 12)

    stonegod's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Starkville, MS
    Posts
    12,535
    Blog Entries
    10

    Ignore stonegod
    My communities:

    The stranger nods towards the elf, a smile touching his thin lips. Like everything, the smile is fervent. "I am Vardrin, a seeker... but not of riches. Nor glory. Those are but means to an end. I seek to find where the dark things hide and destroy them...utterly." He glances at the group, who seem well equipped to seek out trouble. "As I said earlier, you seem to be hunters, perhaps hunting after the same things. This place is well known for its brushes with such taint. If you do hunt..."---his eyes light up for the last bit---"then I would hunt with you, if you would have me."

  • #71
    Registered User
    Enchanter (Lvl 12)

    Scotley's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Memphis, TN
    Posts
    16,942
    I Defended The Walls!

    Ignore Scotley
    My communities:

    Eglath

    The big man is troubled by Chatirlon, but attempts to cover it. He addresses the latest arrival in Hommlet. "Perhaps you give us too much credit good sir. We are but new met ourselves, and have already been warned by the local athority to be on our best behavior. Please join us for a mug of this Hommlet Golden Ale." He extends a massive hand to the newcomer. "Eglath, pleased to meet you."

  • #72
    Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
    Enchanter (Lvl 12)

    stonegod's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Starkville, MS
    Posts
    12,535
    Blog Entries
    10

    Ignore stonegod
    My communities:

    Vardrin cocks an eyebrow at the trouble comment, but easily gives his hand to the large man. The handshake is firm, but if that is the strongest grip he has, he won't be winning any arm wrestling contests soon. "Well met, Elgath, son of the mountains." He looks over the goliath's companions. "I would gladly share in the drink with you rabble-rousers." You can tell he means the comment in jest. "Perhaps you can introduce me to your compansions?"

  • #73
    Registered User
    Enchanter (Lvl 12)

    Scotley's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Memphis, TN
    Posts
    16,942
    I Defended The Walls!

    Ignore Scotley
    My communities:

    Eglath Goliath Fighter

    "Of course, Vardrin, the seeker, my companions are Elmo, the local law I mentioned. This is Ascalante, a Bard. The dwarf, Rurik, follower of Heronious. On the other side is Laumus. The most noble elf is Erimel. That is Baran of Rao."

  • #74
    Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
    Enchanter (Lvl 12)

    stonegod's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Starkville, MS
    Posts
    12,535
    Blog Entries
    10

    Ignore stonegod
    My communities:

    Vardrin raises his cup to each as they are mentioned. As he did so, he thought to himself, That other they did not mention. Perhaps there is something they do not wish to say. I should catch them when they are alone; I know hunters when I see them.

    "Greetings to all of you, and respects to your fine town, Sir Elmo." Holding up the offered ale, he tips it in their direction. "Thank you for compansionship. I look forward to seeing more of you while I am in town." He then looks over to the well-dressed stranger that so far has been left out. "And you, my well-dressed friend. By your own admission, you are also well travelled. Any news of dark deeds or strange happenstance you wish to share?"

    OCC
    Vardrin, though not formally trained, does love to butter people up. He's attempting a Diplomacy check to get the man to open up (Vardrin has not heard Elmo's warning, remember); without any situational modifiers, I rolled a 16.

  • #75
    "Well met Vardin, and greetings to you aswell, Chatirlon" Ascalante picks up his ale to join the toasts.

    "But I fear that we'll have to dissapoint the both of you. News or solid information is perhaps the only thing we do not have at this moment."
    carefully wiping the foam from his mustache, Ascalane assesses both Vardin and Chatirlon with his clear blue eyes. A stare that you might think more fitting for a Warrior than a Musician.

    "Only the barest rumors of trouble and strife have reached us. And in a village with an history like Hommlett, such rumors might well be nothing more than lingering tales of days long past or it could well be the signs of..."
    the elderly Bard pauses, taking another large swig if ale, he continues with a wink
    "Well, I'm sure that neither of you lack the imagination for what could be.."

    Turning to Chatirlon, Ascalante inquires.
    "Well, but you Sir seem to be in town longer than any of us. So perhaps you could help us collect some of that precious information, for example about old Moathouse that is said to have been a breeding ground for dark and evil things in former days?"

    OCC
    Ascalante is of course suspicious of Chatrilon after Captain Elmo's warning, but tries not to show it (Bluff for a total of 17). At the same time he tries to figure out what his motives are (Sense Motive for a much less impressive total of 9).

    Giving people in general the benefit of a doubt and letting them make their own impression, instead of relying on second opinions, I don't think Ascalante will use Sense Evil or some such unless one of the new arrivals (or anyone) does provide a reason for such an inquisition.

    Last edited by Castigator; Monday, 7th November, 2005 at 09:34 AM.

  • #76
    Registered User
    Novice (Lvl 1)

    Dragoon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    178

    Ignore Dragoon
    Elmo lifts his mug to the party and belts out a toast, "To Hommlet and our new friends in town." With that Elmo takes a big drink from his mug.


    Chatilron sizes up Ascalante and Elgin and replies to them, "Ohh no need to trouble ye self with that old moathouse, I have allready been there not but a ten day ago. Nothing there lads, you may as well stick yer noses else where." Chatilron finishes with a big smile.

  • #77
    Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
    Enchanter (Lvl 12)

    stonegod's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Starkville, MS
    Posts
    12,535
    Blog Entries
    10

    Ignore stonegod
    My communities:

    Looking intently at Chatilron, Vardrin breaks in, "And you would suggest, then? If you have been here that long, you must have dark foes to pursue?"

    OCC
    Vardrin suspects something is off by his glib response, and attempts a Sense Motive. However, Vardrin must have not been paying attention---a roll of a 1 would do that. However, he is still hoping that his previous attempt at Diplomacy is opening the man up.

  • #78
    Registered User
    Novice (Lvl 1)

    Dragoon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    178

    Ignore Dragoon
    "Well friend no need to get accusitory,"says Chatilron, as he replys to Vardrin. "Just trying to help you lads out and not waste your time with that old abandoned moathouse."

    occ: Stonegod, Chatilron does seem a bit more friendly than he previously was.
    Last edited by Dragoon; Thursday, 10th November, 2005 at 01:58 AM.

  • #79
    Registered User
    Enchanter (Lvl 12)

    Scotley's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Memphis, TN
    Posts
    16,942
    I Defended The Walls!

    Ignore Scotley
    My communities:

    Eglath Goliath Fighter

    Eglath raises his glass and drinks deeply to Elmo's toast. He continues to watch the events unfolding with Chatilron, but does not comment as yet.

  • #80
    "You've actually traveled to the Moathouse, Chatrilon?" Ascalante looks up from his empty mug.

    "I must admit that I was myself tempted to go there before I heard of the trouble once more afoot in Hommlett... " the Bard pauses for a moment to fish a well-worn mandolin from his bags " .. an historical place like that would certainly lend itself for inspiration."

    With a sad smile, he plucks a single note from the old instrument. The old Bard seems honestly disappointed by Chatrilons account of the empty moathouse.

    "It seems unsensible that evil hides out in the very same place it was found twice before.." he muses, playing another mournful note "..but I'm sure there would be hints and traces of the older threats and heroics to be found in a place like that, or not?"

  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. Different take on the Dragoon
      By Verision in forum Older D&D Editions and OSR Gaming
      Replies: 16
      Last Post: Friday, 20th August, 2010, 05:59 AM
    2. Dragoon v .7
      By generalhenry in forum Older D&D Editions and OSR Gaming
      Replies: 12
      Last Post: Thursday, 16th October, 2008, 07:37 PM
    3. Dragoon
      By Goldmoon in forum Older D&D Editions and OSR Gaming
      Replies: 0
      Last Post: Thursday, 21st September, 2006, 09:54 PM
    4. Dragoon's RttToEE occ
      By Dragoon in forum Talking the Talk
      Replies: 111
      Last Post: Wednesday, 28th December, 2005, 08:35 PM
    5. The Dragoon
      By Knowledge Sinkhole in forum Older D&D Editions and OSR Gaming
      Replies: 2
      Last Post: Saturday, 9th March, 2002, 01:38 AM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •