About Acrobat Reader

mythusmage

Banned
Banned
Some of us are stuck with older versions of Acrobat Reader. Frex, I'm stuck with Reader 5. You include too many Acrobat 6 or 7 totchkes in your PDF we either can't open it, or if we can we can't print it out. If at all possible keep this in mind when converting a document to PDF. This would help a number of (potential) customers.

For me, the only other thing that would help is a new Mac, and that I don't have the money for. So I'm putting the PayPal donation link in my sig. If you want me to use the new version of Acrobat Reader, help make it possible.

Mythus "the Disgruntled" Mage.

HeapThaumaturgist

First Post
I'd like an iPod ... maybe I need a tipjar. Hrmmmm.

What keeps you from running newer versions of the adobe reader on your current Mac?

If I knew more about mac software ... I know there are several free open-source projects for reading PDFs that are out there on the web, at least for PCs. As much as I think Mac is probably a better platform for your average home user, the fact remains you can get much more PC for your dollar on the PC side of things. With x86 parts being so cheap these days, you can get a system with windowsXP on it for a couple hundred at the local WalMart.

--fje

JoeGKushner

First Post
Well, I imagine that the real question is are there enough people buying PDF files that can't use the newer versions of the free software to make it worth their time?

pigames.net

Explorer
HeapThaumaturgist said:
What keeps you from running newer versions of the adobe reader on your current Mac?
You need OS X for Acrobat 6 and newer. Non-G3 and older machines will only run up to OS 9 (and many G3 machines would run OS X too slowly). OS 9 will only run up to Acrobat 5.

mythusmage said:
If you want me to use the new version of Acrobat Reader, help make it possible.
All our products are Acrobat 4+ compatible for this very reason ;)

Roudi

First Post
All products by Gallantry Productions (including MODERNIZED, and some upcoming releases) are optimized for Acrobat Reader 5 and above. Reader 5 seems to be the lowest version seeing common use these days. I fully understand what it's like to be running an operating system that can't support newer software (all the latest Adobe products refused to run on my Windows 98 machine)

Remove ads