EN World Game Store poll

How Will The EN World GameStore affect your buying habits?

• I buy PDFs, and will buy from my current sources

Votes: 71 27.3%
  • I buy PDFs, and will buy from ENGS if my preferred products are there.

Votes: 96 36.9%
  • I buy PDFs, and will buy ONLY from the ENGS from now on.

Votes: 3 1.2%
  • I don't currently buy PDFs, but I will buy from the ENGS.

Votes: 28 10.8%
  • I don't currently buy PDFs, and I don't plan to.

Votes: 62 23.8%

GMSkarka

Explorer
Please take a moment and answer this poll. I suspect that it will help a great many publishers decide what to do, where the new EN World Game Store is concerned:

sjmiller

Explorer
I can honestly say that I will most likely not buy from the ENWGS. Since I already have a primary and trusted source for purchasing pdfs, and I purchase all my non-pdf gaming supplies from my FLGS, I have not reason to shop at ENWGS. The only thing that might, and I stress MIGHT, change this is if they carry something exclusively that I want. Even then, it would have to be an extremely exceptional product for me to do so.

Zimbel

First Post
sjmiller said:
The only thing that might, and I stress MIGHT, change this is if they carry something exclusively that I want.
Interesting... to me, this (an exclusive licensing agreement) is a reason not to buy a product.

JimAde

First Post
Well it might not be an exclusive licensing thing. It might just be carried in one outlet but not another.

I have enough faith in the folks that run EN World that I'm willing to buy from them, but just like anything else I'll shop around if it's a significant purchase.

Starglim

Explorer
I don't intend to watch the EN Game Store for new releases because I don't see that they will be different from the products at my current and preferred vendor.

If I notice a press release that mentions a product as "Exclusively at EN World", and it looks worth the time, I might go there.

Spell

First Post
how about "i will buy if the price is the same or less than competitors, and if your policy on pdf is like that of sjgames*"?

*meaning i can do whatever with the pdfs, downloading how many times i want, and, possibly, i don't get my name on every single page?

Twin Rose

First Post
You may have noticed at least a number of products are already available only at the ENGS. This includes the latest Betabunny release, as well as the "Dave Arneson's Blackmoor" line. And, of course, all Pick'N'Mix are only available at the ENGS.

GlassJaw

Hero
I've had good luck with RPGNow and Drive-Thru and I'll stick with them. If it ain't broke as they say. We're talking RPG PDF's here - how many options do I really need?

I'm still not thrilled with the idea that my server donations for the site are fueling the new store either but whatever. :\

Remove ads