Planar Heroes; CALLING FERRIX (accepting alternates)

Lobo Lurker

First Post
Hello fellow ENWorlders. I'm fishing for interest in a planar merc-style game with a twist. I don't really have everything plotted out, but I have enough of an idea at the moment to see if anyone would be interested.

Allowed Races:
Code:
  Half-Celestials         (ECL +4)
  Hound Archons           (ECL +11)
  Ramadeen                (ECL +9) Miniature's Handbook
  Protectars              (ECL +5) Miniature's Handbook
  Celestial Lycanthropes  (LA +5, ECL varies)
  [u]Celestial Dragons[/u]:
   ==> Gold, Wyrmling     (ECL +14)
   ==> Silver, Wyrmling   (ECL +13)
   ==> Half Dragon (any)  (ECL +5)

Character Creation:
Alignment: Within one step of Lawful Good (ie, LG, LN, or NG)
Attributes: 43 Point-Buy (yes, this is a high-powered game)
Starting Level/ECL: 15
Starting Wealth: 200,000 Gold
Paragon Classes are allowed.
Allowed books: Core, Green Ronin's Advanced PHB, Monte Cook's Arcana Evolved, Complete Arcane, Complete Warrior, Miniature's Handbook, & Unearthed Arcana.
No Psionics.
If there's something you want to use that's not here, don't be afraid to ask for it. Do, however, be prepared to PM me an excerpt of the info you wish to use.

House Rules:
* Instead of gaining a feat every third level, feats are gained at EVERY level.
* Action Points 5 + 1/2 character level
* Reserve Points
* Save or Die spells: Instead of instant death, your hit points are reduced to -1d10.
* The Dodge Feat applies to ALL enemies.
* The KEEN weapon enhancement & the Improved Critical feat stack.

Envisioned play style: PCs are elite 'mercenaries' accepting missions all over the planes in an effort to further the cause of Good & Law. I don't envision this as being very roleplaying heavy, though I do appreciate good RP from time to time.

This would be a one-shot adventure (with possible sequels).

Interested Players:
1) Tailspinner
2) Silentspace
3) Pyrex
4) Voadam
5) Ferrix (?)

Alt-Bloodwind

Last edited:

Pyrex

First Post
I too would be interested.

I'm curious though, a few of your ECL's seem to be off (the Dragons & the Half-Dragon template to be precise). Have you changed them on purpose?

G

Guest 11456

Pyrex said:
I too would be interested.

I'm curious though, a few of your ECL's seem to be off (the Dragons & the Half-Dragon template to be precise). Have you changed them on purpose?

That's because they are Celestial Dragon. Celestial adds a +2 to Level Adjustment.

Voadam

Legend
What version of action points do you use?

Fun playground to start from. I might want to try something half celestial from Arcana Unearthed, giant3 warmain8 half celestial? Or maybe one of their magic classes.

Ferrix

Explorer
Sounds like a real blast of a game Lobo, and considereding I was too busy for your last I'll toss my hat in for this one.

Lobo Lurker

First Post
Tailspinner said:
That's because they are Celestial Dragon. Celestial adds a +2 to Level Adjustment.
What he said. :) And the Lycanthrope is based on the natural lycanthrope vs. the afflicted. Aflicted, thematically, seems more of a curse to me... heroic good creatures from heaven shouldn't be cursed, so no Afflicted Lycanthropes. Note, that with the celestial template, that DR is slightly better than normal... (5/magic & silver or 10/silver) though, at these levels, anyone with a silver weapon will likely have it enchanted.

I'm using the version of Action Points that I linked to in my original post. ;) Click on the Hypertext link and you'll be taken to the D20 SRD page with the action points on them. They're the same ones as in Unearthed Arcana.

Last edited:

Lobo Lurker

First Post
Well, that's 5 of you. Why don't you guys go ahead and make characters? The background doesn't need to be too involved, just a paragraph or so. Built a secret into your character, it doesn't have to be a dark one. Display it openly, if you don't want the others to know about it then note that. We'll roleplay that we don't know your secret.

Level Advancement & XP: If we do this long enough to get enough XP to earn a level, I'll just tell you. I tend to level in story appropriate moments and not pay TOO much attention to actual XP being earned.

Posting: Due to the crappy monopoly ISP that we have here in Costa Rica, I cannot seem to get an internet connection out of my house after 3pm and before 6am. So I tend to do most of my posting from work, during the day. I may move the action on in an RP situation if most people have posted in an effort to keep the game from bogging down. Don't worry though, if there's something you wanted to do/ask and it looks like I skipped you just speak up. I have no trouble running two scenes at once (so long as they're not combat scenes).

Please post once per day and at least once during the weekend.

DMing Style: I'm not a perfectionist and I do make mistakes. That's okay though as we're all mature adults here (mostly anyway) and I'll try to make up for any mistakes that end up costing you something fairly (usually, more than fairly). An example of my DM style can be found HERE. Not many mistakes in that thread, just a few missing +1s in the last combat.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases