[COMBAT] Pool of Radiance

Thanee

First Post
This is the thread for combat declarations for the [smallcaps]Pool of Radiance[/smallcaps] campaign. It will be used for all combat declarations by the players instead of posting to the IC-thread during combat. Each combat round will be summarized by me in the IC-thread, once all actions are declared. This is meant to ensure a good readability of the IC-thread.

To recap what this thread is about, a repost from the OOC-thread:
[SBLOCK][COMBAT] - This is a special thread for combat declarations. Whenever the game moves into combat rounds, I will put up a link to it. In this thread, instead of the IC-thread, you can then describe your actions for the next round. Your combat declaration should include a visual description (like an IC-post) of the action, which I can copy over to the combat resolution post in the IC-thread, probably with some modifications to put it into context. Since I will roll all dice when the combat round gets resolved, you should not include the result of your actions in the description, if it depends on a dice roll, which you cannot know about at that point. Furthermore, the post should include what actions your character takes below the description, for example...
Free Action: Drop bow
Move Action: Move to <space> and draw sword
Standard Action: Attack <target>
Abbreviations (like FA, MA, SA, FRA) can certainly be used.
In some cases it might be a good idea to give alternate actions depending on certain events, which you are still uncertain about. Please consider the declared actions of your fellow players, when you post yours (you can ignore initiative order in this context, that means, if you see that player #1, whose character is acting after yours, is attacking monster A, then you could also attack monster A, moving into flanking position, for example, for support). This is specifically not considered metagaming (but rather an aid to better be able to cooperate, given that you do not know the outcome of the actions happening before your turn, it's just a fair compensation).
I prefer combat to go quick, so if possible one combat round per day (at most one round per two days) would be good. If you know, that it is likely you cannot keep up at some point, posting a course of action in advance, which I can use as a guideline then, could work as well. If necessary, I will delay or control your characters to speed things up.[/SBLOCK]

The Party

• Earmy.png
    Earmy "the spider", human rogue|wizard (Scott DeWar)
  • Eldwyn.png
    Eldwyn Billbuckle, strongheart halfling bard|cleric (Scotley)
  • ridingdog.png
    Rover, Eldwyn's riding dog
    mounted%20Eldwyn.png
    Eldwyn mounted
  • Emagor.png
    Emagor Rilliance, human fighter|wizard (Leif)
  • Professor.png
    Professor Schnickschnack Schabernack, whisper gnome archivist|rogue (Malachei)

outside Phlan

• Eliath.png
    Eliath, moon elf fighter|rogue (HolyMan)
  • Elrohas.png
    Elrohas Nenmacil, sun elf duskblade|cleric (Nac Mac Feegle; NPC)
  • Grynth.png
    Grynth, orc barbarian|ranger (Tailspinner; NPC)
  • Kylest.png
    Kylest Soulstone, shield dwarf fighter|scout (hafrogman; NPC)
  • Selvaggio.png
    Selvaggio, human druid|ranger (Mista Collins; NPC)
  • Intrepido.png
    Intrepido, Selvaggio's wolf companion
  • Storm.png
    Storm, human fighter|ranger (renau1g; NPC)
  • Thunder.png
    Thunder, human barbarian|favored soul (Branding Opportunity; NPC)

currently missing...

• Aylor.png
    Aylor Creegan, shield dwarf monk|fighter (Bloodweaver1; NPC)
  • Dryw.png
    Sir Dryw Domiel, half-elf knight|druidic avenger (Mark Chance; NPC)
  • Kordunn.png
    Kordunn Asteroth, gold dwarf paladin|sorcerer (Voadam; NPC)
  • Oog.png
    Oog, goblin rogue|warlock (Krug; NPC) - disguised as Elmus, halfling gourmet

Links

[IC1] Prologue - Setting Sail
[IC1] First Chapter - Valhingen Graveyard
[IC1] Second Chapter - Missing Brother (Kuto's Well)
[IC1] Third Chapter - Reconquest of Sokol Keep
[IC1] Fourth Chapter - Temple of Bane
[IC1] Fifth Chapter - The Rescue of Amber (Podol Plaza)
[IC1] Sixth Chapter - Mantor's Library
[IC2] Sixth Chapter - Mantor's Library (continued)
[IC2] Seventh Chapter - Barren River

[INFO] Campaign Information
OOC: Out of Character

Last edited:

Thanee

First Post
First Chapter - Valhingen Graveyard

First Combat Encounter - ROUND 1

Battle Map - Round 0

Initiative:

24 Oog/Elmus
23 Skeleton
22 Selvaggio
20 Intrepido (Animal Companion)
14 Kordunn
12 Undead Leader
11 Thunder
09 Walking Corpse
07 Kylest
05 Eldwyn

Last edited:

Krug

Newshound
Oog/Elmus

" Oog shivers at the sight of the undead, but is not overly surprised. He brings to his hands the eldritch energy swirling around the city, feeling it enter his body. He then propels an eldritch blast towards the leader... "

Move: 10' back
Std action: Attack leader of undead
Eldritch blast: +5 (ranged, 60') 1d6

Last edited by a moderator:

Voadam

Legend
"Azuth's noble beard! Behind you man! Lookout!" Kordunn shouts to the tall mountain of a fellow. With a quick gesture the dwarf sends out a shining bolt of eldritch power that streaks towards the leading undead figure to strike it unerringly in the chest.

[SBLOCK] magic missile at the lead one. [/SBLOCK]

Kordunn sets his polearm and awaits the slow undead.

"Let them come to us. They appear not to have ranged attacks."

Scotley

Hero
Eldwyn

Softly to his mount Eldwyn says, "Steady boy, you're okay." Then more loudly to the others, "Watch that leader I fear it is a Wight and can drain the very life from you with a touch. The bone one is best fought with hammers or maces." Having sling in hand, Eldwyn goes ahead and looses a stone at the leader, then readies his holy symbol to try and turn them away.

Last edited:

Mista Collins

First Post
"Heel!" Selvaggio shouts as he commands Intrepido to follow as he takes a few steps back to put more distance between him and the undead, drawing his cudgel at the same time. His eyes seem to be focused between the undead and a patch of grass 25 feet from where he stands.

[sblock]
SELVAGGIO
FA - Handle Animal: +8 mod to beat DC 10
MA - to move to square S11
SA - ready to cast entangle if any of the undead come within 20 feet of me (and centered on the intersection W11;X12)

INTREPIDO
MA - Move to square S12
[/sblock]

Voadam

Legend
If an undead moves through my threatened area with my reach weapon I will use the AoO to disarm if it is an armed one and smite them if unarmed.

Thanee

First Post
First Chapter - Valhingen Graveyard

First Combat Encounter - ROUND 2

Battle Map - Round 1

Initiative:

24 Oog/Elmus
23 Skeleton
22 Selvaggio
20 Intrepido (Animal Companion)
14 Kordunn
12 Undead Leader
11 Thunder
09 Walking Corpse
07 Kylest
05 Eldwyn

Last edited:

Mista Collins

First Post
Seeing that none of the undead seem to be approaching him, Selvaggio decides to step toward the corpse with the deformed head. Drawing his sickle into his offhand as approaches, Selvaggio swings the cudgel in his right hand hoping to connect with the undead's skull. Intrepido stays on Selvaggio's heels waiting for his next command, but eager to get a hold of the skeletons bones.

[sblock]MA - move to square X12 drawing his sickle
SA - Swing club at undead creature (+4 melee 1d6+2 dmg)

Intrepido will move to square W12 right behind Selvaggio[/sblock]

Krug

Newshound
Oog summons another batch of eldritch energy and hurls it at the undead leader, attempting to take him down.

Std action: Eldritch Blast

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases