Out of joint is time

Staffan

Legend
Two issues:

In my profile, I have set my time zone to GMT+1 (central european time) and have told it to automatically adjust for DST. However, as can be seen in the attached picture, this doesn't seem to have happened given that there are threads that were last changed up to one hour in the future.
attachment.php

Second, I don't know if I've become slower in reading/posting or if it's a technical issue, but it's more common nowadays for me to get session "timeouts", meaning that everything is marked read. I remember that a while ago the timeout value was changed to 45 minutes or something like that (instead of the default 10-15 or so) - has this been changed back? And are there any plans to do like the Board That Shall Not Be Named and have the software keep track of read threads on a per-thread basis instead of having it decided by "changed since last visit"?

Attachments

• Outofjointistime.JPG
    Outofjointistime.JPG
    59.2 KB · Views: 147

Psionicist

Explorer
Try to disable automatic DST correction.

DST is, unfortunately, a complete mess to code so I'm not surprised people have this problem. The forum software have to know when (if) the server itself corrected for summer time, then look up various locations in a 500 kB database with timezones, then eventually modify the timestamps (which are seconds from jan 1 1970) when displaying dates and time. It's very error prone.

IronWolf

blank
Psionicist said:
Try to disable automatic DST correction.

Yeah, my time didn't adjust correctly either. I just disabled the automatically adjust option in my Account Options and set it for the correct deviation from GMT. Works fine now!

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases