[Grim Tales] Is there an email list for Grim Tales?

Flynn

First Post
Good Morning, All,

Is there a mailing list for Grim Tales discussions, such as on Yahoogroups or something? If so, could someone post the information, as I would be interested in joining such a list.

With Thanks,
Flynn

Flynn

First Post
Is there enough interest for one?

Wulf,

Do you think there's enough interest to start a Grim Tales mailing list? I wouldn't mind starting it if I felt it would be helpful to those interested in the system. I guess I could wait and see what kind of feedback we get on this particular thread, first. (I'd hate to start one if it has already been done by someone else.)

In Service,
Flynn

I'd be interested. I'd probably be a lurker rather than a very active participant, but I'd certainly read what other posted to it.

OTOH, the amount of GT posts here on ENWorld is quite good, and Wulf is always around to answer things.

Flynn

First Post
Wulf Ratbane said:
Well, I guess I am wondering what purpose it would serve that is not already served by this forum.

Some people are more comfortable with mailing lists over forums. (I know, I'm like that.)

Also, there's more GT related material on a dedicated list than on a board that shares stuff with all the other OGL D20 Modern variants, etc. (Higher signal-to-noise ratio.)

Finally, a list that emails you when there's a new posting is considered better by some than having to check the forum regularly to make sure a GT topic doesn't roll over to the second page, etc.

But for all that stuff, the mark against it is that the author of the book in question wonders what purpose it would serve that the forum does not already serve. ;)

So I'll consider it a dropped matter. No worries. If this works for Wulf, then it works for me, too. I got used to it with the COTI boards for Traveller, so I can get used to it here. :)

Thanks, All,
Flynn

Wulf Ratbane

Adventurer
Don't get me wrong, it's as easy for me to be active on email as it is here.

But I do think, here at least, I have the advantage of reaching people who may not otherwise know about the list-- or even GT.

HeapThaumaturgist

First Post
I'll vote for no list needed.

To be honest, I belong to about half a dozen list-servs and I quit getting messages from all of them after a while because they just turned into ... message boards. So I check them now and then to mine them for data, but that's about it.

If we had a project that was being worked on, that would be one thing. The only list-serv I'm actively receiving emails from is my group's internal one. I'll join a Grim Tales project task force, though. GT2.0, magic systems, etc. Something with few emails with very specific purpose that SHOULDN'T be public.

--fje

Remove ads