[Stargate] How is the Jonas Quinn "quick study" ability modeled?

JPL

Adventurer
Is there a feat or a racial trait or something? What are the mechanical effects?

That is such a great character hook --- the guy who learns quickly --- that I want to steal it for an NPC I'm working on.

Flynn

First Post
JPL said:
Is there a feat or a racial trait or something? What are the mechanical effects?

Maybe he was a lower level, and so kept leveling up faster than the rest on the same amount of XP. ;)

Just kiddin'. Hope you find out soon.

Hasta,
Flynn

Kirin'Tor

First Post
Personally, as a PC thing, I'd allow a person willing to start at 1/2 part level to get a +75% XP bonus until the caught up, and then a +10% bonus there after.

For an NPC, I'd just make him learn faster (hand wave levels as necessary)

JPL

Adventurer
Kirin'Tor said:
For an NPC, I'd just make him learn faster (hand wave levels as necessary)

Well, that's always an option. :)

Just to clarify...I seem to recall that in the Stargate core rulebook, they address this ability somehow. I'm looking to port whatever it is [assuming it's portable] to d20 Modern. If anyone has that book handy [I don't].....

Y'know, I just might have to get that book. Me and the mrs. are going through those SG1 DVDs like crazy. I think this sudden interest in a sci-fi show must be because she's pregnant. That nerd DNA the baby is carrying is influencing my wife...

Morgenstern

First Post
JPL said:

That is such a great character hook --- the guy who learns quickly --- that I want to steal it for an NPC I'm working on.

Describe it a little more for me :). What sort of quick study? It might be reflected by the 2nd level explorer ability, but maybe not.

JPL

Adventurer
Morgenstern said:
Describe it a little more for me :). What sort of quick study? It might be reflected by the 2nd level explorer ability, but maybe not.

He can absorb info quickly. There's a photographic memory aspect of it, but it appears to go beyond just memorizing facts and into actual applied knowledge.

I dunno...there are a few Photographic Memory type feats out there....maye combined with Jak of All Trades? Or a feat that gives you extra skill points you can hold until you need to quickly understand nuclear physics or how to bake a cake or whatever...

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases