Current Conversion Requests

Cleon

Legend
How about we start converting the Tso on either Converting monsters from Second Edition Monstrous Compendiums or Converting Creatures from Other Campaign Settings and continuing with the Quasi-Elementals on the Planescape thread?

Tso are basically larger, tougher astrally-travelling Neogi with a cooperative spellcasting ability. That shouldn't take long to convert.

Well it's been two days without a reply, tso I've started a conversion on the Other Campaign Settings thread.

Cleon

Legend
So, um, I don't want to sound impatient, but is my request from April still in the pipeline?

Sorry, that was before Shade passed away and Freyar and I took over the Creature Catalog duties, so I don't think either of us were keeping an eye on conversion requests.

Would you be referring to this:

Hi - do you folks still take requests? If so, may I please request a 3.5 update of the cessirid and the illithidae templates?

Those two are still on the Creature Catalogue Overhaul Project Revisited list. Which is now woefully out-of-date incidentally.

We're close to finishing the Alkadas on the Converting Psionic Creatures list, so we could do the Cessirid and the Illithidae next.

GrayLinnorm

Explorer
Sorry, that was before Shade passed away and Freyar and I took over the Creature Catalog duties, so I don't think either of us were keeping an eye on conversion requests.

Would you be referring to this:

Those two are still on the Creature Catalogue Overhaul Project Revisited list. Which is now woefully out-of-date incidentally.

The list, or the project itself?

Big Mac

Explorer
Is Malatra: The Living Jungle within the remit of this project?

There is someone, called apotheot asking about a partially statted Malatra monster, called a Belok, which appears in a RPGA LJ adventure called Mantu's Sacrifice. It apparently isn't in Echohawk's monster index, so I'm wondering if Echohawk has been avoiding this sort of stuff (or if it is just a hidden monster that nobody except apotheot noticed).

Last edited:

Cleon

Legend
Is Malatra: The Living Jungle within the remit of this project?

In principle Malatran Living Jungle creatures are fine provided they don't have official 3E conversions, although as far as I know we've only done the Living Jungle versions of Mold Men that appeared in Polyhedron #121.

We didn't bother with the Malatran Lizard Man since it has no substantial differences from a standard Lizard Man.

There is someone, called apotheot asking about a partially statted Malatra monster, called a Belok, which appears in a RPGA LJ adventure called Mantu's Sacrifice.

The Belok is a new one for me I'm afraid.

Would you be able to post its stat block and some of the encounters from Mantu's Sacrifice that feature it?

It apparently isn't in Echohawk's monster index, so I'm wondering if Echohawk has been avoiding this sort of stuff (or if it is just a hidden monster that nobody except apotheot noticed).

More likely it just slipped through the cracks. There are "Wizards of the Coast web site (RPGA Living Jungle)" entries in Echohawk's index. Maybe he just doesn't have a complete set of the RPGA adventures - although I expect he has more of them than I do.

Also, I doubt Echohawk has time to comb through the body text of every published adventure for new monsters in the encounters so there are bound to be ones missing. I'm still coming across new entries for the conversion queue - just recently I've added a few unindexed monsters that appeared in Oriental Adventures modules that I'd either never noticed or forgotten about, and I've had those modules for years.

If you come across any that aren't in the Index I suggest you post their source on the Paging Echohawk thread so at least we know about them. I can't promise they'll get converted anytime soon but at least I can add them to my master monster lists!

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases