Current Conversion Requests

Echohawk

Shirokinukatsukami fan
Not to long ago BigMac, if my memory is correct, found 4 AD&D modules that went for $1,500 on ebay. If they were the Competition modules I have PRF (adobe) copies of C1 thru C6.
Hi Melatuis,

Usually the only adventures that go for that sort of price are the very early ones (Lost Tamoachan, Lost Caverns of Tsojconth, Quest for the Fazzlewood), the R-series and the extremely rare UK module Shade mentioned (ST1: Up the Garden Path).

The Acaeum has a good pricing guide for the ultra-rare D&D products. But according to that pricing guide none of the C-series are worth more than $20, even for a near mint version!

At the moment, I think the only D&D monster stats that I don't already have in print or PDF form are the stats for the Chinese Hill Giants from Tsojconth. If you happen to have a copy of those, I'd love to see them.

Melatuis

Explorer
Sorry to get your hopes up. I do not have that module, but if I come across it I will post it.

Thanks to all of you for your work on these threads.

Zarahon

First Post
Firstly, I must say what a godsend this forum is by updating cool yet overlooked 2nd ED creatures into 3.5 , and recently I was thrilled to see the Ogre Slug revamped, I remember tackling this ugly mug back in the day when I played Dungeon Hack on the PC, and always wondered when I stated to play the real thing with friends what book did it originate from. Little did I know it only existed as a PC game beasty only :hmm: and another creature I fought in that game was something called a Grave Mist, anyone familiar with that one, and if so convert it some day? Much obliged:) !

Zarahon

First Post
I wasn't sure where else to post this since EN World is such a large forum and I don't seem to see anything covering Ghostwalk, reading the Grave Mist entry gave me an idea to create alternate rules attached to it for use in the Ghostwalk champaign setting and their rules of death and ectoplasmic ghosts, what do you think:
Grave Mists in the Ghostwalk Champaign: Grave Mists have no interests in feeding on ectoplasm, and therefore ignore ghosts (unless the ghost attacks them first), favoring the life force lingering upon corpses and the living.
A dead PC who was killed by a Grave Mist has their spirit blighted and raised as another grave mist as the Crate Spawn ability normally, The PC’s soul trapped within a befouled envelope of unlife, it cannot enter the veil to either manifest as a ghost or cross over until its cursed form is destroyed first. This does not include any future grave mists it creates, although should it have created other spawn before being destroyed and manifests as a ghost, he looses control over them and turn against him for revenge. After being destroyed, should the spirit wish to manifest as a ghost, a saving throw (DC 15 fortitude) is required. Should the PC succeed he/she manifests normally, failure indicates the festering taint of the grave mist still remains, and the ghost’ appearance is always manifests in the gruesome category no matter what wounds the body sustained before death. A gentle repose spell cast by a 5th level spell caster purges the lingering blight from its ectoplasm allowing the ghost to appear the way it should.
A ghost PC slain by a grave mist on the other hand does not become another grave mist, instead the raw ectoplasm remains intact for 1d4 rounds undergoing a blighted metamorphosis into a new necroplasm (Ghostwalk p. 168). Not until the same necroplasm (the PC’s soul infested by blight and not any others it may have created itself) is destroyed and the imprisoned soul freely pass through the veil into the true afterlife, can the body of the PC be raised from the dead normally

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
I don't know Ghostwalk really myself, but maybe Shade wouldn't mind adding that to the entry. Besides a typo ("looses" instead of "loses"), that looks pretty good!

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases