E1: Tomb of Chaos [Judge: Patlin] [Concluded]

Erekose13

Explorer
[E1: Tomb of Chaos]

Those intending to respond to the notice in the Red Dragon Inn can continue discussion here.

[DM Notes]

I'm a bit of a picky DM and so there are a few quirks to my DMing that I wanted to get out of the way right at the beginning. I like colors for speech, though they are not necessary. Italics for thoughts. And I'd like to try something different, could we put OOC comments in [sblocks] once the game gets going.

I'd like players to do as much of their own rolling as possible using invisiblecastle (link coming soon), posting the results in the [sblocks]. This is especially true in combat because then I dont need to keep track of as many modifiers as I would were I rolling it all.

This adventure is quite long by LEW standards, with many combats (though there is plenty of puzzle solving and other stuff in there too). Thusly I would like to try something that is a bit new for me, I'd like you to each post three rounds worth of actions when in combat. If something drastic changes what you had planned half way through the three round set, then I'll pause and get your input. How do people feel about that request?

For those that like to know a bit about the style of adventure ahead of them prior to deciding whether to join or not, I thought I'd give a bit more than usual. This is going to be a dungeon crawl. With that comes all the fun stuff like hoards of combat, some puzzles and traps, and only a bit of roleplaying (as long as you can speak the monster's languages). Its about 20 or so encounters long, so significantly longer than some LEW games. By the end you should all gain at least 1 level. So if you are still with me let's get the show started :)

[Characters]

[XP Posts]

[Treasure]

[DM Points]

Last edited:

Patlin

Explorer
I'd be willing to judge. I expect you'll be winding up with some characters I have some experience with in any event, given the requirements you posted.

[nosy]
Quick question: if the folks who just finished the Faerie Woods adventure want to come as a set, will you make an exception for poor Gorefoot? He's only 2nd level, but only due to an unfortunately fatal scythe blow.[/nosy]

Manzanita

First Post
Patlin said:
[nosy]
Quick question: if the folks who just finished the Faerie Woods adventure want to come as a set, will you make an exception for poor Gorefoot? He's only 2nd level, but only due to an unfortunately fatal scythe blow.[/nosy]

OOC: Gorefoot's 3rd level - you should know that! And he's coming with US!

Manzanita

First Post
Hope I wasn't overstepping when Percy suggested a first level cleric join the group. It just seemed like the kind of thing she'd say.

Erekose13

Explorer
This will be quite a difficult adventure, or atleast it would have been for 3rd level characters only. I don't think a 1st level character will survive very well against some of the encounters. However, that said there are a number of 5th level characters joining us, so they might be able to protect said 1st level character...

Remove ads