Even WOTC doesn't know the rules to d20 Modern

takyris

First Post
I'd argue that d20 Modern regeneration rules wouldn't work well for something with a Con of 45, and that going with accruing nonlethal and D&D-regeneration-rules was the right way to go here.

That said, I'd also have liked for them to mention that, like, "The tarrasque uses D&D regeneration because, well, it has a Con of effing 45."

Moon_Goddess

Have I really been on this site for over 20 years!
Fixed the Regen...

Regeneration (Ex): The tarrasque of legend is not vulnerable to any form of damage, any damage that falls below it's Massive Damage Threshold of 45 is ignored. It even regenerates if it fails a saving throw against a spell or incantation that causes disintergration or instant death. Massive damage reduces the tarrasque of legend's hit points but this is regenerated at a rate of 40 hit points per round. A failed massive damage save cuases the tarrasque of legend to be dazed for 1 round rather than reducing it's hit points to -1. It continues to regenerate even while dazed.

The only way to stop the tarrasque of legend is to do even damage to reduce it's hit points to 0 and to cast the Destroy Tarrasque of Legend incantation while it is dazed.

If the tarrasque of legend loses a limb or body part, the lost portion regrows in 1d6 minutes. (The detached piece dies and decays normally.) The creature can reattach the severed member instantly by holding it to the stump.

Incantation coming soon.

jaerdaph

#UkraineStrong
Speaking of WotC not knowing its own rules for d20 Modern, see also the Sandman entry in the Menace Manual and rules for overland movement in d20 Past...

Hammerhead said:
Hmmm...how much damage does a tactical nuke do?
d20 Future puts the damage on a tactical nuclear missile (for near-future PL6 starship combat) at 16d8.

Now, that sounds low, and it is if you think about what we know nuclear damage to do on Earth. However, much of the damage on Earth comes from the interaction of the nuclear weapon with the atmosphere, like the overpressure wave that is created, while in space most of the energy is simply radiated away from the target and it's a burst of incredibly powerful radiation, but without an atmosphere to help transmit the heat and pressure of the blast. In an atmosphere it may well be doing x5 damage or so.

The Nuclear Toxyderm (essentially a radiation elemental) in Urban Arcana has a breath weapon of 20d6 (radiation damage) and when it is reduced to 0 HP it's "Chain Reaction" ability activates doing 400 points of damage to everything 400 feet within a mile and 100 points of damage to everything within a mile (reflex save DC 25 for half), and explicitly says it creates a mushroom cloud and generally leaves a highly radioactive crater a quarter-mile across

Both items, are OGC even.

The Nuclear Toxyderm is also where the radiation poisoning rules were reprinted, after originally being in the d20 Modern Web Enhancement, and were made OGC as part of the Nuclear Toxyderm entry..

Hammerhead

Explorer
What You Said said:
d20 Future puts the damage on a tactical nuclear missile (for near-future PL6 starship combat) at 16d8.

Now, that sounds low, and it is if you think about what we know nuclear damage to do on Earth. However, much of the damage on Earth comes from the interaction of the nuclear weapon with the atmosphere, like the overpressure wave that is created, while in space most of the energy is simply radiated away from the target and it's a burst of incredibly powerful radiation, but without an atmosphere to help transmit the heat and pressure of the blast. In an atmosphere it may well be doing x5 damage or so.

The Nuclear Toxyderm (essentially a radiation elemental) in Urban Arcana has a breath weapon of 20d6 (radiation damage) and when it is reduced to 0 HP it's "Chain Reaction" ability activates doing 400 points of damage to everything 400 feet within a mile and 100 points of damage to everything within a mile (reflex save DC 25 for half), and explicitly says it creates a mushroom cloud and generally leaves a highly radioactive crater a quarter-mile across

Both items, are OGC even.

The Nuclear Toxyderm is also where the radiation poisoning rules were reprinted, after originally being in the d20 Modern Web Enhancement, and were made OGC as part of the Nuclear Toxyderm entry..

What I heard said:
Blah blah blah...something really smart that exceeds my scientific comprehension.

:)

So, nukes are bad news and inflict lots of damage, especially from radiation...but the Tarrasque is probably immune to that too.

Ranger REG

Explorer
wingsandsword said:
Assuming you were able to survive that initial 16d8 damage from a nuclear explosion, you then have to contend with sickness from radiation exposure.

Personally, I prefer a quick death.

Moon_Goddess

Have I really been on this site for over 20 years!
WOTC's rules simply don't work, my rules require that you do over 45 points of damage each round, which will then be reduced by 40 each round, until such time as you deal 1088 points of damage

45 - 40 = 5

1088 / 5 = 218 rounds

then keep doing that while you get the incantation off

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases